fluidj
PPCGeeks Regular

fluidj is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New ROM VZW 3.04 Shipped

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaZapFan View Post
Well I'm a couple days into running 3.0.4 now and my battery life really took a hit with this update.

I've disabled GPS, added the poll hack (even to 30000), turned off direct push, and set my backlight to go off rather quickly (30 sec), but my battery life is still much worse than before the flash.

Also, I'm too having the "click to preview" issue with IMAP accounts -- odd that it did indeed fix itself after a day but broke again just as quickly and now remains "click to preview". Anyone have any luck getting that one fixed?
I'm going to monitor it for a month total. IIRC, that's about how long it took for my battery issues to subside when I 1st purchased the Imagio when it was released.
I will admit that my battery life has been horrible since installing 3.0.4. That tells me that the battery issues are definitely software related and NOT a case of a faulty batch of batteries as previously discussed in other threads.
What could a fresh ROM be doing to cause such poor battery performance during the first month?