PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 01:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

jeff_roey is keeping up the good workjeff_roey is keeping up the good workjeff_roey is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New ROM VZW 3.04 Shipped

Another welcome fix I've noticed with this ROM is when playing music, I no longer have a long delay after initially selecting a playlist/genre/etc. The music plays instantly.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC IMAGIO
Carrier: AIRCEL-INDIA

mally2 is just getting started

Hi

All

anyone noticed tht the TF3D says htc sense when loading TF rather than tf3d!!!

is is truely hts sense if so what version!!!! looks the same though!!

rom is lot cooler
Old 02-10-2010, 08:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible

coolingoutofhabit is becoming a great contributor

I like this update a lot! I really like that there is no more lag when you text with the htc app.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:15 AM
VIP Member
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

Memory usage stays around 75% for the full day, and this includes alot of email, txt, and music playing. Battery life is ok, but was never really spectacular. Phone calls seem a bit better, so in areas where I used to be on the fringe I am getting good call reception.

All in all a good change.

Steve
Old 02-10-2010, 09:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

willywonkaisrsh is becoming a great contributor

So I'm just about to try this 3.04 update out. From what I have read here it seems that it is a wise decision. However, the only complaint that I have read from some people that is bothering me is that battery life is worse with this update. Can anyone confirm that battery life is indeed worse after update?
Old 02-10-2010, 10:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X

Veritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVeritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVeritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by willywonkaisrsh View Post
So I'm just about to try this 3.04 update out. From what I have read here it seems that it is a wise decision. However, the only complaint that I have read from some people that is bothering me is that battery life is worse with this update. Can anyone confirm that battery life is indeed worse after update?
I think what some people are not taking into account is that after a ROM flash most people tend to use their phones a bit more than they would on a normal day. They've got to setup contacts, install tweaks, test everything out, fiddle with it, amaze themselves with snappier interfaces, etc. You get the point heheh. I put little weight into "I just flashed last night or yesterday and have noticed the battery doesn't last as long" type of posts. I personally can't really comment on the battery life myself since my phone is usually plugged into a desktop cradle/charger while at work and at home.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

jeff_roey is keeping up the good workjeff_roey is keeping up the good workjeff_roey is keeping up the good work

I don't think I fall into this category. I'm at the point with my Imagio that after I hard reset, I restore using SPB backup - a 15 minute evolution - and it's back to business as usual. My phone setup is pretty static at this point. I'm standing behind my battery life not so good claim but like I said in an earlier post, I'm wondering if there's a bunch of initial tasks running in the background on a clean install that are temporarily sapping battery life. From what I learned about the phone out of the box, I'm giving it a week or so before digging into any serious investigation on the matter.

One final note: it seems like every time I open COM MGR, my data connection is on . . . email sync is set to 30 minutes, phnes is set to CDMA only, etc. etc. Anyone else noticing an open data connection more frequently?
Old 02-10-2010, 12:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

r4dc0ck is a n00b

Great update except for battery, I had 75% battery at 12 midnight, went to sleep and and 7 am it was completly dead. not sure why this is happening but my phone used to last 2 days in between charges.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

rolandroland is keeping up the good workrolandroland is keeping up the good work
Thumbs up Re: New ROM VZW 3.04 Shipped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritech_910 View Post
I think what some people are not taking into account is that after a ROM flash most people tend to use their phones a bit more than they would on a normal day. They've got to setup contacts, install tweaks, test everything out, fiddle with it, amaze themselves with snappier interfaces, etc. You get the point heheh. I put little weight into "I just flashed last night or yesterday and have noticed the battery doesn't last as long" type of posts. I personally can't really comment on the battery life myself since my phone is usually plugged into a desktop cradle/charger while at work and at home.
Agreed on that battery life point. Mine dropped fast and I had attributed it to all the setup done yesterday anyway. So far today it seems pretty normal. While I do notice a lot of tweaks that I like I don't see much improvement with "system speed" versus tweaks that appear to improve apps. For example switching apps and screen doesn't appear any faster, but some HTC stuff does seem to run better. Also can't judge speed until the next day as well as it'll seem faster until everything is loaded and you have a more normal load.
I agree that it is worth the upgrade, especially if like me you polluted your phone from all those supposed fixes from back when the phone launched that didn't do much.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Lurker

Wojo is a n00b

I also installed the 3.04 update yesterday via the microSD card. (Which requires the card to be formatted FAT32 by the way -- in case anyone has trouble with that method). The update appears to be working well, snappier response times, and I think the new radio may have improved the 3G problem. After my normal bus route I'm usually stuck in 1X mode, but today I'm still at 3G. Thanks!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development