PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 05:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

simonob3 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New ROM VZW 3.04 Shipped

My input on the new ROM... Boots with more free memory (around 48% used running TF3D), scrolling appears to be better, and phone is 'snappier'. Launch opera browse alittle, exit opera, phone now sits at 75% free, not a big deal tho. One major problem i have had is for the first time ever (have had the phone since it came out) i had to pull the back off to soft reset, twice with in 20 minutes. I was using the facebook app when it happened both times anyone else having a problem with the facebook app? I guess i will just have to use fim..

I do like it though and notice a big difference.

PS. I can FINALLY end calls with my bluetooth ear piece.

Last edited by simonob3; 02-09-2010 at 05:37 PM. Reason: a new benefit
Old 02-09-2010, 05:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

slumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwaits View Post
Make sure all radios are off unless needed (BT, WiFi, Infrared) and also if you use Exchange email go to a 10-15 minute interval on checking rather than DirectPush and that will save you considerable battery as well. Most people don't need to see an email seconds after delivery, so if you don't either I'd recommend that.

what is "Infrared" and how do I turn it off.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: VZW

Timmy Likes to Click is keeping up the good workTimmy Likes to Click is keeping up the good work

For those of you who use Microsoft Voice Command...

Anyone notice the quick dial of numbers before the call is connected?

Yay for upgrades...
Old 02-09-2010, 06:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate

djp952 is becoming a great contributor

I installed this ROM last night, and my thanks go out to the OP for making it available!

Much snappier overall, less memory usage, no issues to speak of. I did have Opera crash on me the first time into it and had to soft-reset to solve, but that happened when the phone was new as well.

I do have what seems to be my original battery life issue, but it looks to me like it's just the meter. I had the same problem when the phone was new. It was reporting 50% after 9 hours of non-use, which is not normal (was 90-100% before flashing), BUT: it also claims to have fully recharged in about 15 minutes, which is not right. I'm attempting the same trick I used originally, which is to charge it until it's "full", unplug for a few seconds, and plug it back in, charge, unplug, charge, and so on until the light actually stays green.

I'm of the impression that the 15 minute charge was accurate based on my non-usage today, it was the 50% on the meter that was not. We'll see if it straightens itself out like it did originally!

Thanks again, I really can't believe how much snappier the device seems.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:36 PM
RLM703

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Great update. Everything seems to work quick haven't seen any lag at all. No issues with Opera 9, haven't run 10 beta yet, but will be switching soon.

Use to have a delay with the lock screen, almost as if it was being slid across all the way (I would have to slide it back and forth to get it to unlock). I do not experience this with the new update. RAM is booting at 58% increasing to 60% without forward apps running. Havent messed with setting yet to decrease background operations.

One problem i have encountered is at one point the lower touch panel was displaying the wrong words from the tab i was in. (ex: went to the "home" tab from the "phone screen" the lower panel still showed "contacts" (left) and "Menu" (right). Slid back and forth through all tabs (ex: home, my favorites, etc...) still showed teh same words. Went to browser tab and used lower left touch (which should be bookmarks, was displaying Contacts) it launched bookmarks so the display was just off, the link still worked. Soft reset fixed the problem.

Overall, Great feel now.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

gilbenl is becoming a great contributor

Mine does this as well from time to time (w/o the ROM update). If you do the TF3D rotation reg edit, then when that happens, simply rotate the screen landscape and back to portrait, and it'll fix itself w/o the reset.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Slack3r is keeping up the good workSlack3r is keeping up the good work

This rom is much better than the stock, however, it does drain the battery faster, at least for me. The older one would either last for several days, or drain in 3 hours depending on unknown variables, but this one at least consistently lasts about 12 hours. Hopefully this will get better over time, as the last rom seemed to do. As for speed, it seems about the same for me, maybe slightly faster, but the ram usage is MUCH better. It doesn't go over 67% usually throughout the day, which is a huge step up from the 80%+ I was getting with nothing even running before.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

robocrop is becoming a great contributor

I have been using this since Saturday. I had the battery issue initially, it seems to have settled out. The battery life is about the same as the original, I use about 60% in a full day. I am pushing email most of the day.

Memory problems are better, I still lose 12-18 mg through the day. CleanRam recovers about 60%.

I use Batti to indicate my battery level. It doesnt display all the time though.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:07 AM
Lurker

jasonmac4490 is a n00b

Ok let me start off by saying I am very new to ROM flashing and all that stuff. I've done everything that has been said. I downloaded the ROM and unzipped the RUU folder and copied the ROM to it. But when i hit "ROM update utility" it said "This is not a valid pocket pc application." Please someone who knows what they're doing tell me what I screwed up. Thanks.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

jeff_roey is keeping up the good workjeff_roey is keeping up the good workjeff_roey is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmac4490 View Post
Ok let me start off by saying I am very new to ROM flashing and all that stuff. I've done everything that has been said. I downloaded the ROM and unzipped the RUU folder and copied the ROM to it. But when i hit "ROM update utility" it said "This is not a valid pocket pc application." Please someone who knows what they're doing tell me what I screwed up. Thanks.
Just download the ROM executable to your desktop, connect via activesync, and then run it from your desktop. No need to move the executable to your phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development