PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 07:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet
Threadstarter

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (Updated 12-10-2009) How to flash a Vogue to cricket with GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinicalmale View Post
epst settings unsure of or rom all from albuquerque, new mexico the radio is 3.42.30 havent tried to enter fone through qpst and i have working internet have text capabilites but will not download mms pics did once then failed and dont know what cabs are on phone
Take a look at post #28 for the EPST setting make sure they are all correct.
Post #1 will walk you through the GPS setting with QPST.
Now a few things could cause the mms not to work. It could be a ROM issue or just the usual cricket issue. There have been many reports as of late that phone that previously worked and had a new flash or hard reset recently no longer have MMS working. Others have reported problems with MMS on secondary phones on the account.
You can download a cab and give it a try. There is a link in post #1 for Ryans cabs.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Blackcircle is just getting started
Re: (Updated 1-10-2010) How to flash a Vogue to cricket with GPS

Thanks Whitey for this tutorial.
Ok...My brother has a vogue(sprint) that I'm trying to convert to Cricket. I have done all the steps but I'm a little confused on the QPST step of "add a new port". QPST is showing com1 and com2 when I open it in the port tab. I hit "add new port" at bottom, then what? I tried typing com3 in the blank space, but still does not recognize phone as vogue. I can use a little guidance with this. Also, once it is ready for Cricket, can I just walk in the store and have them turn this phone on as a new member or do I have to have an account first? Thank you.

HTC Evo 4G

Old 01-12-2010, 02:36 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcircle View Post
Thanks Whitey for this tutorial.
Ok...My brother has a vogue(sprint) that I'm trying to convert to Cricket. I have done all the steps but I'm a little confused on the QPST step of "add a new port". QPST is showing com1 and com2 when I open it in the port tab. I hit "add new port" at bottom, then what? I tried typing com3 in the blank space, but still does not recognize phone as vogue. I can use a little guidance with this. Also, once it is ready for Cricket, can I just walk in the store and have them turn this phone on as a new member or do I have to have an account first? Thank you.
OK if QPST is not picking up the device on a new comport, check the following: HTC driver is installed on computer, Phone is placed into DIAG ##3424# mode before attaching USB cable. You should not need to type the com port it should show. Another way to tell if your phone is connected to windows is after placing into DIAG mode and plugging in then the computer will detect new devices. Also make sure that the phone "it'll show up as the MSID" does appear on either one of your ports.

Now some of the setting will require a active cricket MDN/MSID, MIN to be properly programmed. This is mainly for the EPST setting for WAP/MMS.These are setting that you will need to manually set as a cricket corp store will not enter the EPST menu on a flashed phone for insurance reasons. (They could brick it) Some dealers will but they will charge for it and call it a flash. So if you have an account set up first is the easy way. or you can get to the point that you need to do the *228 and then start an account get the MDN MSID/MIN and then do the *228 OTASP to get alot of the setting.

Last edited by whitey10tc; 01-25-2010 at 03:29 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Blackcircle is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
OK if QPST is not picking up the device on a new comport, check the following: HTC driver is installed on computer, Phone is placed into DIAG ##3424# mode before attaching USB cable. You should not need to type the com port it should show. Another way to tell if your phone is connected to windows is after placing into DIAG mode and plugging in then the computer will detect new devices. Also make sure that the phone "it'll show up as the MSID" does not appear on either one of your ports.

Now some of the setting will require a active cricket MDN/MSID, MIN to be properly programmed. This is mainly for the EPST setting for WAP/MMS.These are setting that you will need to manually set as a cricket corp store will not enter the EPST menu on a flashed phone for insurance reasons. (They could brick it) Some dealers will but they will charge for it and call it a flash. So if you have an account set up first is the easy way. or you can get to the point that you need to do the *228 and then start an account get the MDN MSID/MIN and then do the *228 OTASP to get alot of the setting.
Ok, so I figured it out last night before I could read this but much thanks to you for the help. I think the phone is all set now, MSL is at 000000 and GPSOne is set. So, I should be able to walk into a Cricket store and activate this, right? What are some problems I could face when going in there....just so I can be ready. Thanks.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcircle View Post
Ok, so I figured it out last night before I could read this but much thanks to you for the help. I think the phone is all set now, MSL is at 000000 and GPSOne is set. So, I should be able to walk into a Cricket store and activate this, right? What are some problems I could face when going in there....just so I can be ready. Thanks.
If it's a corp store the only problem that I could forsee is them not even wanting to touch the device.
If it's a dealer should be no problem.

Also somethings that have come up with cricket just in the past few days is
Issues with MMS "again!" Some have reported issues sending and receiving.

Also keep in mind that after the phone is active you will need to make certain PST changes for WAP to work correctly!
Old 01-20-2010, 03:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC6900
Carrier: Cricket

luisv1975 is a n00b

Whitey,

Thanks for your hard work.

Post #1 and Post #16 have different settings for the IP and Ports.

Are they supposed to be different for cricket?
Or wich is one would work better for cricket on AZ?
Old 01-20-2010, 03:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisv1975 View Post
Whitey,

Thanks for your hard work.

Post #1 and Post #16 have different settings for the IP and Ports.

Are they supposed to be different for cricket?
Or wich is one would work better for cricket on AZ?
The information in post #1 is the most current.
Quote:
Originally Posted by POST 1
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\SUPL AGPS"
"GPSMode" value="2"
"ServerPort" value="8888"
"ServerIP" value="209.210.15.72"
Post # 16 was older information and has been outdated. As noted in the title line updated 1-10-2010.
Quote:
Originally Posted by POST 16
Quote:Originally Posted by whitey10tc
Do the following GPS Registry edits after installing desired ROM:
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\SUPL AGPS"
"GPSMode" value="2" datatype="integer"
"ServerPort" value="8080" datatype="integer"
"ServerIP" value="172.29.223.11" datatype="string
Old 01-22-2010, 02:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 1
Carrier: Cricket

915_tuscani is becoming a great contributor

does this gps settings also work on the TP aswell
Old 01-22-2010, 03:10 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; ) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 915_tuscani
does this gps settings also work on the TP aswell
yes it does! The only thing that might change is the ip address.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6900 Vogue/Cricket
Carrier: Cricket, T-Mobile

Billa Gilani is a n00b
Question Re: EPST setting corrected!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
5. Now open the phone application and dial ##778 call button (PST/EPST), now click edit and enter six zeros.
Now click view info and goto AKEY and make sure its blank, nothing there.
Now click view info and goto NAM settings, NAM name should be Cricket, Mobile Directory number should be YourTenDigitPhoneNumber, MIN1 should be that other phone number the MSID/MIN that is usually not your phone number, but it should be 7 digits, ex: sevendigitnumber, MIN2 should be just your area code.
MSID/MIN should be 10digitMSIDnumber <--again usually not yourphonenumber, MCC should be 310, MNC should be "16 corrected", NMSI should be your MSID/MIN (XX10digitnumber<--usually not your phone number) THE XX'S should be zeros, ex: 007185548692, Now if all these settings in this paragraph didnt need touched assuming you didnt skip any of my steps (which they shouldnt be touched i am just making sure) we can move on.
when u change MNC to 16 it changes MSID/MIN 16+10digit instead of 00. it doesn't let u keep them different. does it make any difference?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue