View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 02:36 AM
whitey10tc
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (Updated 1-10-2010) How to flash a Vogue to cricket with GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcircle View Post
Thanks Whitey for this tutorial.
Ok...My brother has a vogue(sprint) that I'm trying to convert to Cricket. I have done all the steps but I'm a little confused on the QPST step of "add a new port". QPST is showing com1 and com2 when I open it in the port tab. I hit "add new port" at bottom, then what? I tried typing com3 in the blank space, but still does not recognize phone as vogue. I can use a little guidance with this. Also, once it is ready for Cricket, can I just walk in the store and have them turn this phone on as a new member or do I have to have an account first? Thank you.
OK if QPST is not picking up the device on a new comport, check the following: HTC driver is installed on computer, Phone is placed into DIAG ##3424# mode before attaching USB cable. You should not need to type the com port it should show. Another way to tell if your phone is connected to windows is after placing into DIAG mode and plugging in then the computer will detect new devices. Also make sure that the phone "it'll show up as the MSID" does appear on either one of your ports.

Now some of the setting will require a active cricket MDN/MSID, MIN to be properly programmed. This is mainly for the EPST setting for WAP/MMS.These are setting that you will need to manually set as a cricket corp store will not enter the EPST menu on a flashed phone for insurance reasons. (They could brick it) Some dealers will but they will charge for it and call it a flash. So if you have an account set up first is the easy way. or you can get to the point that you need to do the *228 and then start an account get the MDN MSID/MIN and then do the *228 OTASP to get alot of the setting.

Last edited by whitey10tc; 01-25-2010 at 03:29 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.