PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 09:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet
Threadstarter

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EPST setting corrected!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billa Gilani View Post
when u change MNC to 16 it changes MSID/MIN 16+10digit instead of 00. it doesn't let u keep them different. does it make any difference?
It shouldn't make a difference MNC 16 is crickets correct MNC, you can use 00 if it works for you.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: JuliusHoarkJD
Carrier: Crackit

UndeadSquirrel is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to UndeadSquirrel Send a message via Yahoo to UndeadSquirrel Send a message via Skype™ to UndeadSquirrel
Re: (Updated 1-10-2010) How to flash a Vogue to cricket with GPS

Hmmm.... I followed this guide to the letter, and rechecked my PST settings, registry, and I still can't get a GPS lock. I never had GPS working with my own custom ROMs that I built with PPCKitchen BuildOS, but it almost always worked with someone else's. Not sure what I'm missing here.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndeadSquirrel View Post
Hmmm.... I followed this guide to the letter, and rechecked my PST settings, registry, and I still can't get a GPS lock. I never had GPS working with my own custom ROMs that I built with PPCKitchen BuildOS, but it almost always worked with someone else's. Not sure what I'm missing here.
For the GPS to work you will need to install the shipped ROM don't let customization run, make the changes through QPST then install the custom ROM. IN QPST make sure to uncheck all the boxes in GPSone then recheck them. Also who was the original carrier and what ROM are you using so I can help you pin point the issue
Old 01-24-2010, 10:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

UndeadSquirrel is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to UndeadSquirrel Send a message via Yahoo to UndeadSquirrel Send a message via Skype™ to UndeadSquirrel

Huh. For some reason it finally locked on. Just took half an hour to get the first fix. Seems to be working fine now. I did upgrade the radio to 3.42.50 a while back, so all I needed to do was the QPST settings. I guess it just took a lot longer to get the first fix.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Huh. For some reason it finally locked on. Just took half an hour to get the first fix. Seems to be working fine now. I did upgrade the radio to 3.42.50 a while back, so all I needed to do was the QPST settings. I guess it just took a lot longer to get the first fix.
If it continues to give troubles you may need to try some different IP's, cricket is constantly changing those.
Also if you did not flash the shipped ROM and NOT allow customization to run could be a problem. You could still have some of the original carrier setting hanging around in the pst's.

Last edited by whitey10tc; 01-24-2010 at 10:50 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

UndeadSquirrel is a n00b

I flashed the stock ROM a few months ago, then upgraded the radio and put on my own ROM. I had that one on until last night, when I rebuilt the old ROM and updated some of the apps on it. Other than that, I did the QPST edits for the GPS. It works now and then, but seems to take a long time to lock on, and sometimes won't lock on at all.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:46 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
I flashed the stock ROM a few months ago, then upgraded the radio and put on my own ROM. I had that one on until last night, when I rebuilt the old ROM and updated some of the apps on it. Other than that, I did the QPST edits for the GPS. It works now and then, but seems to take a long time to lock on, and sometimes won't lock on at all.
Ok what is your signal like? Are you getting a EVDO connection or is it 1X? Have you tried any other radios? Try the 3.42.40 found in my signature...
Old 01-25-2010, 01:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

UndeadSquirrel is a n00b

I just made a thread about that, too. I've been getting 1x for the past two weeks for some reason.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:26 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
I just made a thread about that, too. I've been getting 1x for the past two weeks for some reason.
That's going to be your reason for the problem. Call cricket and request your WAP be reset. Just tell them your phone is not provisioning.
**edit**
I forgot to mention that you could also try going into EPST, selecting the security tab and enter a bogus user name and password in both fields, then go to menu click ok, ok and let it reset then go back and enter the correct info into pst and see if that solves it.
Also if there is anything but your#@mycricket.com in the security tab you will need to start from the beginning and run the shipped ROM and NOT let customization run.

Last edited by whitey10tc; 01-25-2010 at 01:31 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

UndeadSquirrel is a n00b

Huh. I put in the bogus info, too, and it still connected for some reason.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue