PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 04:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet
Threadstarter

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (Updated 12-10-2009) How to flash a Vogue to cricket with GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsalvador69 View Post
Hello Again,

I'm trying to flash my phone to the new ROM, but am a little confused .
There are 3 files:
RUU_signed.nbh121009
Manila Home Weather Updater (with MortScript.cab)
CDMA Home Weather Fix.cab

Am I supposed to rename the RUU_signed.nbh121009 to RUU_signed.NBH, then run from SD Card?
Then do I just install the weather programs after RUU is installed?

I renamed RUU then inserted SD Card, then went into bootloader. It stays in Bootloader though, and never installs ROM.
Am I doing something wrong?

BTW.... I will be donating to show my appreciation.

Thanks!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey10tc
install on a FAT32 formated 2gig or less msd card and rename to VOGUIMG.NBH THEN INSERT CARD AND PUT PHONE INTO BOOT LOADER AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS.
Do as quoted above after you have it running then establish a internet connection. Goto the weather tab in Manila 2 D set up your city run the update then install the 2 cabs. (it works better with both) restart phone and then you will have the weather update on the home screen.
*Note I have recently come across some phones that require several times of booting into bootloader to get it to update.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Vogue
Carrier: Cricket

elsalvador69 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post

#3 flash this sprint 6.1 ROM to update radio "WARNING DO NOT LET CUSTOMIZATION RUN" SOFT RESET WHEN IT SAYS AUTO CUSTUMIZATION IN 3 SECONDS. This is for GPS1 to work.
http://216.139.227.226/RUU_PPST_Vogu..._2.04_Ship.exe
To do this connect USB to computer then Press power camera and Reset to get to bootloader red green yellow screen and connect to cable then run the exe file. DO NOT LET CUSTOMIZATION RUN SOFT RESET WHEN IT SAYS CUSTOMIZE IN 3 SECONDS.
After this point you may need to run the unlocker again.
I know not to let it run Customization after running the radio RUU, but if I have to run the unlocker again; do I allow to customize, or do a soft reset again? Do I ever allow to customize after this step?
Old 12-30-2009, 04:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I know not to let it run Customization after running the radio RUU, but if I have to run the unlocker again; do I allow to customize, or do a soft reset again? Do I ever allow to customize after this step?
Never allow customization.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Vogue
Carrier: Cricket

elsalvador69 is a n00b

Hello again,
I think I'm gonna flash back to the 1st file you have VOGUEIMG.NBH. I like the display better. Do I have to start from step 1 to do that, or is there another step I can begin from?

BTW... I tried for the past 3 days to donate to you, and I keep getting an error message "This recipient is currently unable to receive money."
Old 01-01-2010, 06:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Hello again,
I think I'm gonna flash back to the 1st file you have . I like the display better. Do I have to start from step 1 to do that, or is there another step I can begin from?

BTW... I tried for the past 3 days to donate to you, and I keep getting an error message "This recipient is currently unable to receive money."
I'll have my link fixed on Monday, I had some unauthorized paypal activity and had to suspend the account till they get everything verified. As for flashing a different ROM just download, rename it to VOGUIMG.NBH load it onto your SD card and place in bootloader. It should work for ya. and I'll let you know when my donate link is working.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: cricker

sinicalmale is a n00b

hey all enjoy the reading but i have two problems one is mms isnt working and gps isnt working. i bought a flashed 6900 and enjoy it but get lost updating the stuff. i can do registry fixes and all but still not working what are these files on my sd card mean device.nng and touch master file.exe
Old 01-09-2010, 01:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinicalmale View Post
hey all enjoy the reading but i have two problems one is mms isnt working and gps isnt working. i bought a flashed 6900 and enjoy it but get lost updating the stuff. i can do registry fixes and all but still not working what are these files on my sd card mean device.nng and touch master file.exe
If you can provide more info I might be able to help!
Are all your EPST setting correct?
What ROM are using?
What radio are you using?
For GPS, have you made the GPSone setting and the registry edits correctly?
Is your WAP working?
What programs are you running?
Are you using any WAP/MMS fix cabs?

Last edited by whitey10tc; 01-09-2010 at 02:17 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

EPST setting corrected!

**NOTE******************************************** ****
IF YOU ARE IN A CRICKET AWS MARKET YOUR DEVICE MAY NOT WORK

This is assuming that you already have your phone Unlocked (spc code all zeros) and that you have already contacted Cricket and had the Phone you are programming added to the Account.
You might as well tell them you have a Motorola Razor V3C that will ensure there will be no problems obtaining EVDO.

Also ask Cricket for your MSID/MIN number (usually not your Phone Number) we will be needing the MSID/MIN if you dont know it, or if the phone was never on Cricket before.

This is also assuming that you already have a CRICKET PRL file loaded in PST. If you have my ROM flashed than a couple PRL files that you can use are on device memory we will get to that later below.

Important note on PRL files. You must know what kind of Cricket Plan you have. If you have Roaming on your plan you need to use the 5 digit PRL files. If you DO NOT have Roaming on your plan you must use the PRL files that are considered 4 digits or contain a 0 at the beginning. Otherwise *228 will not work and you will not be able to Authenticate. Examples below.

PRL 01013 = Non Roaming
PRL 38515 = Roaming

1. Now first thing you want to do is have a good Cricket CAB or ROM installed. This way when the PST settings are done they can be looked over again, and tested.

2. Now if you are starting from a fresh flash OK, if you are starting from a hard reset OK, we can continue. If you have a ROM installed that is having problems I recommend a hard reset and skip Auto Customizations using stylus when it says you have 3 seconds. If you are confident the ROM you have installed is ready to go then fine. We can continue.

3. Now open your Phone Application and go to options and make sure smart dial is off.
Then dial ##778 call button (PST/EPST), now click edit and enter six zeros.
In the Main Page change the NAM name to Cricket, and enter the MSID/MIN number (that you obtained from your old Cricket phone or from Cricket themselves) make sure its a 10 digit number thats in your area code BUT IT IS USUALLY NOT your PHONE NUMBER.
If it was already fine we can continue, if you dont know it you may of skipped obtaining this from calling Cricket as stated above.
Now click view info and goto PRL, now check to make sure you have a CRICKET PRL (1013,1014, 1040, 1050 etc.. there are others) If you dont have one loaded in PST and you are using my ROM then you can click in Update PRL File (click in the blank area under setting) and then click Menu, edit, browse and it should go to main root (my documents). Pick PRL 1050 (You may have to try another PRL for *228 to work in step below). Then click ok, then Menu, then ok, it will ask you if you want to update the items click ok. Let it do its thing and restart. If you already have a CRICKET PRL then skip the update PRL step but still make sure to click menu, then ok and let it restart.

4. Now after the phone restarts open phone application again and dial *228 call button (this will make sure base settings are good so i will not have to explain as much, it will also download the proper local EVDO prl to where you are), it will dial cricket and do its programming thing. Do not interrupt this. Let it do its thing even if it restarts. It should say Update complete or Programming complete (if not then try a different Cricket PRL) Now when you are back in action we can continue.

5. Now open the phone application and dial ##778 call button (PST/EPST), now click edit and enter six zeros.
Now click view info and goto AKEY and make sure its blank, nothing there.
Now click view info and goto NAM settings, NAM name should be Cricket, Mobile Directory number should be YourTenDigitPhoneNumber, MIN1 should be that other phone number the MSID/MIN that is usually not your phone number, but it should be 7 digits, ex: sevendigitnumber, MIN2 should be just your area code.
MSID/MIN should be 10digitMSIDnumber <--again usually not yourphonenumber, MCC should be 310, MNC should be "00", NMSI should be your MSID/MIN (XX10digitnumber<--usually not your phone number) THE XX'S should be zeros, ex: 007185548692, Now if all these settings in this paragraph didnt need touched assuming you didnt skip any of my steps (which they shouldnt be touched i am just making sure) we can move on.

6. Click view info and goto CDMA settings, we are going to make sure they are set right and change a couple things for Clearer voice transmissions, people will compliment how good your phone sounds even in some cases. EVRC should be set at Disable, Home page should be Voice 13k, the Two below it the Same Voice 13k. These may need to be changed to EVRC if you phone will not dial out.

7. Click view info click modem settings, change slot cycle index to 1. The other 4 options should be Auto, Auto, Enable, No in Order from top to bottom.

8. If you do not do this step correctly your WAP/MMS will not operate.
Click View Info and pick Security, now we are changing this regardless you must do this, we are going to Unauthenticate you and Re-authenticate, it is a Needed step everything in this How To needs to be done and Not skipped! Change the HDR Auth User ID to something bogus like Boat@amail.com, the password below it make it something random but remember it, now do the same for PPP user ID and password but make them the same as the HDR ones.Go to menu click ok update setting, ok let it reboot. Then go back into EPST view info and pick security and change both usernames to your#@mycricket.com and both passwords to cricket.

9. Click view info and pick MIP Settings, Make sure Active Profile is on 0, MIP mode should be Simple IP only, MIP reg retries should be 1, MIP reg retry timeout should be 2000 ms, MIP pre-reg timeout should be 30, Mobile Node HA auth should be Disable, send a reg request should be Enable, dormant handoff to disable.

10. Click view info and pick MIP Default Profile, Enable profile should be ENABLE, NAI should be yourtendigitphonenumber@mycricket.com, MN HA SPI set should be enable, MN HA SPI value should be 12c, MN AAA should be enable, MN AAA SPI value should be 2, reverse tunneling should be enable, home address should be 0.0.0.0, Primary HA address should be 68.28.15.12, secondary should be 68.28.31.12, HA shared secret and AAA secret should be cricket <--lowercase, DMU public should be 0, MN Authenticator should be 0.

11. Click view info and pick MIP customer profile 1 and make sure Enable profile is DISABLED. Now do the same with the other 4 profiles (profiles 2-5), make sure that the only profile enabled is MIP Default Profile.

12. Ok now click menu, ok and let it reset, but make sure not to do anything we are going to be going right back INTO EPST, so when it boots back up open the Phone application and dial ##778 call button (PST/EPST), we are going to re-authenticate you its easy, now click edit and enter six zeros, click view info and goto Security, now change the HDR AN Auth to yourtendigitphonenumber@mycricket.com, password should be cricket<--lower case, same for PPP user id and Password make them same as HDR.

13. Click view info and goto MIP default profile, make sure the HA, and AAA shared secrets are both cricket<---lowercase, then click menu OK and let it reset.

Thats it! PST settings are perfect for CRICKET, you have a Local EVDO prl file installed, and you are Authenticated for Data and EVDO, now if you used my ROM just go to internet explorer and goto a real page, and follow instructions but remember to click save password!
Credit goes to Ryan Mogul on XDA for this tutorial. I have only changed some of the things that need to be changed.

Last edited by whitey10tc; 05-20-2010 at 07:23 PM.
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Additional QPST setting

Additional QPST setting
For those that might have problems with setting like the banner or issues with the original carrier setting reverting try the following.
CDMA Tab
change or correct the following
NAM name = cricket

Display Tab
Banner= cricket or anything you want it to read

M.IP Tab
Highlight profile0 and edit the following
profile enabled
NAI MDN@mycricket.com
HA/AAA shared secret password both retain last value
check mark Rev tunnel preferred
home address 0.0.0.0
Primary HA address 68.28.15.12
secondary address 68.28.31.12
MN-HA SPI = 12C
MN-AAA SPI = 2
DMU public key = 0
now click ok back to the main M.IP TAB
Mobile IP Behavior = simple IP only
Initial regestration retry interval = 200 mS
check mark Re-register only if traffic since last RRQ

PPP config Tab
RM button on the right hand side in the you should have blank values in the following tethered NAI, user id, passowrd.
UM button you should have these values on the right hand side. retries 5, timeout 3000, tethered NAI should be blacked out with x's, user id is your mdn@mycricket.com, password is blank.
AN button is the same setting from the UM button

Then you can close out by writing to phone and wait 5 minutes.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: cricker

sinicalmale is a n00b
Red face Re: (Updated 12-10-2009) How to flash a Vogue to cricket with GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
If you can provide more info I might be able to help!
Are all your EPST setting correct?
What ROM are using?
What radio are you using?
For GPS, have you made the GPSone setting and the registry edits correctly?
Is your WAP working?
What programs are you running?
Are you using any WAP/MMS fix cabs?
epst settings unsure of or rom all from albuquerque, new mexico the radio is 3.42.30 havent tried to enter fone through qpst and i have working internet have text capabilites but will not download mms pics did once then failed and dont know what cabs are on phone
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue