PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 01:08 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet
Threadstarter

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to flash a Vogue to cricket with GPS (Updated 1-29-2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyna213 View Post
I have a HTC Vogue from Verizon that i bought fully flashed to Cricket. I am not sure what happened but i can no longer get internet please help me......thanks in advance
Well first what do mean by no internet?

Questions? .................................................. ............................. Possible solutions!
Does it give you an error message about username and password? --- Look through the EPST setting!
Is it asking for a 10digit#@mycricket.com and password and domain. --- password is cricket, domain is blank.
Has the WAP worked previously? ------------------------------------- What has been done before it stopped working?
Have you contacted cricket to have the WAP reprovisioned on the account? --- This may take several "upto 20 attempts" to get it corrected. and possibly a trip to a corp store or dealer?
What market are you in? Have you recently done a plan change? Have you tried to reprovision by doing a *22804?

What ROM are you running? Are you running any WAP/MMS cabs?

Last edited by whitey10tc; 03-25-2010 at 01:10 AM.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: EPST setting corrected!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy77044 View Post
How do i change the prl ?
Well there are a few different ways.
If the device is on the cricket network and you need to update the PRL you can *22804

If you need to load a cricket PRL to access the cricket network you can do one of the following

Place the PRL file in my documents on the phone and using EPST on the phone goto PRL highlight the first "update PRL file" item edit and browse and choose the PRL and then ok and choose update items ok, ok.
or
from QPST read from the phone then goto the roaming tab and browse and select the PRL then write to the phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: CRICKET

Nancy77044 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
Well there are a few different ways.
If the device is on the cricket network and you need to update the PRL you can *22804

If you need to load a cricket PRL to access the cricket network you can do one of the following

Place the PRL file in my documents on the phone and using EPST on the phone goto PRL highlight the first "update PRL file" item edit and browse and choose the PRL and then ok and choose update items ok, ok.
or
from QPST read from the phone then goto the roaming tab and browse and select the PRL then write to the phone.
for some reason when i download the file it looks like this maybe my reformated computer i havent downloaded somthing that will allow me to properly open this file?? look at how it looks maybe u can help me ??
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4908/prl.png

I DONT SEE A ROAMING TAB ???

Last edited by Nancy77044; 04-10-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy77044 View Post
for some reason when i download the file it looks like this maybe my reformated computer i havent downloaded somthing that will allow me to properly open this file?? look at how it looks maybe u can help me ??
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4908/prl.png
Looks normal, if you want to view it on your PC, use QPST's RL editor or you can just drop it into your my document folder on the phone to load through the phone epst. If all else fails let me know what PRL # it is and I'll see if I have access to it. I have most all cricket PRL's including the new national PRL's put out on the 23rd of March for the new plans.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700,5800
Carrier: ATT, VZW, Cricket,T-Mo

gdemi is a n00b
Keyboard/Dialer problems

I have tried both of the ROM's referenced in the first post of this document, i.e. WM 6.5.3 cricket version 4.rar & 28004 WM 6.5 M2D big buttons.rar.

They install ok, and I can connect to cricket with WAP & MMS working fine.

However, both dialers are extremely slow and difficult to use. I sometimes have to hit a key 4 or more times (finger or stylus) to get it to register, most other screens input seems to work reasonably.

with the 6.5.3 ROM, I cant get touchflo to work at all, when I make the screen up movement, my screen just goes dim, on the 6.5 M2D big buttons, I get touchcube/touchflo ok (some of the time)

My dialer problem makes these Rom's unusable. I only have one 6900 to test with so I can't be absolutely sure I dont have a hardware problem.

I read through most of the posts here and didn't see anybody else having similar problems.

Any ideas?
Old 05-05-2010, 02:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Re: Keyboard/Dialer problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdemi View Post
I have tried both of the ROM's referenced in the first post of this document, i.e. WM 6.5.3 cricket version 4.rar & 28004 WM 6.5 M2D big buttons.rar.

They install ok, and I can connect to cricket with WAP & MMS working fine.

However, both dialers are extremely slow and difficult to use. I sometimes have to hit a key 4 or more times (finger or stylus) to get it to register, most other screens input seems to work reasonably.

with the 6.5.3 ROM, I cant get touchflo to work at all, when I make the screen up movement, my screen just goes dim, on the 6.5 M2D big buttons, I get touchcube/touchflo ok (some of the time)

My dialer problem makes these Rom's unusable. I only have one 6900 to test with so I can't be absolutely sure I dont have a hardware problem.

I read through most of the posts here and didn't see anybody else having similar problems.

Any ideas?
I have had some reports that the Touch response is lagging on the big button rom. I am working on a couple more ROMs that I was hoping to have out last weekend. But do to getting more phones to flash I have had to delay till this weekend.

I do have a SPB mobile shell ROM that I am PMing you a link for that you can try out.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: Varies

snatr is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: How to flash a Vogue to cricket with GPS and Gmail (Updated 4-01-2010)

First of all, I hope people are hitting the donate button. Talk about customer support!

I had the same issue with the big buttom rom (slow). So I ended up using the 121009.

Two issues I'm having are the gps. (I didn't think I had to stop the customization again, so I'm not sure about that.) The settings are all there though.
The other issue, and my primary one, is the video's not playing with this rom. They are not working through the widget or from the album folder. I have to browse the file folders to bring them up.
I've tried all kinds of settings, as well as formats, and still no solution.

I have two suggestions as well. These were things that I had do differently. It might have been because I let the customization run idk.
I had to run m2dc and set the internet tab to the default browser that I wanted to use, or nothing would happen when I clicked the browser widget. (Still no response from youtube, even though it is installed and running.) I couldn't figure that one out. BTW there is a tab there for what widgets are on the bottom of the screen if anyone is interested.
And whenever I installed the manila weather cab it would screw up my home screen, or at least prevented the touch flow from staring back up. But I did need to run the cdma weather cab to get the connection.

I would appreciate some help with the video playback issue. Anyone?

Thanks for the great write-up Whit! I'll be sending something your way.
I wouldn't mind sending a little somthing to Terry Carpenter whoever that is. Just for the signature!
Old 06-20-2010, 05:54 AM
Lurker

snatr is a n00b
Re: How to flash a Vogue to cricket with GPS and Gmail (Updated 4-01-2010)

Sorry, I meant to mention that I was running the rom on a mp-6900.
There, now I have two post here.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Re: How to flash a Vogue to cricket with GPS and Gmail (Updated 4-01-2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snatr View Post
First of all, I hope people are hitting the donate button. Talk about customer support!

I had the same issue with the big buttom rom (slow). So I ended up using the 121009.

Two issues I'm having are the gps. (I didn't think I had to stop the customization again, so I'm not sure about that.) The settings are all there though.
The other issue, and my primary one, is the video's not playing with this rom. They are not working through the widget or from the album folder. I have to browse the file folders to bring them up.
I've tried all kinds of settings, as well as formats, and still no solution.

I have two suggestions as well. These were things that I had do differently. It might have been because I let the customization run idk.
I had to run m2dc and set the internet tab to the default browser that I wanted to use, or nothing would happen when I clicked the browser widget. (Still no response from youtube, even though it is installed and running.) I couldn't figure that one out. BTW there is a tab there for what widgets are on the bottom of the screen if anyone is interested.
And whenever I installed the manila weather cab it would screw up my home screen, or at least prevented the touch flow from staring back up. But I did need to run the cdma weather cab to get the connection.

I would appreciate some help with the video playback issue. Anyone?

Thanks for the great write-up Whit! I'll be sending something your way.
I wouldn't mind sending a little somthing to Terry Carpenter whoever that is. Just for the signature!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snatr View Post
Sorry, I meant to mention that I was running the rom on a mp-6900.
There, now I have two post here.
Thank you for the reported issues and suggestions. For the GPS issue it is most likely because of customization allowed to run. You can try the QPST setting and see if that corrects it.
For the video issue I will look into and see if I have any issues in the next few days I have an MP6900 coming in tomorrow so I can test on it. For youtube that is an issue with port 8080 and crickets proxyserver youtube has had issues with cricket flashed phones.
Any donations are gladly accepted, and on a side note Terry Carpenter DBA Carpenter Enterprises is aka whitey10tc.
Another note I have steered away from the M2D ROMS and now doing SPB Mobile shell. I will have more of those up in the next couple of weeks. and coming in July I hope to release an HTC Hero and Moto Droid ROM for cricket.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:39 PM
Lurker

snatr is a n00b
Cool Re: How to flash a Vogue to cricket with GPS and Gmail (Updated 4-01-2010)

Thanks. I thought that might be the case with the sig.
I've been doing some reading, and it looks like it might have to do with the sd card setup. I still had the flash on there. I'll play around with it.
I'm going to re-flash and watch out for the customization point. I really didn't think it was necessary during the custom rom step.
I do have the youtube app working, it was just that the widget link under the browser ball wouldn't lauch it was all.
One other thing that has seemed strange to me was after returning to the home screen, the clock keep showing like an hour earlier, and then flips to the correct time. But I love the rom! Thanks for the quick reply.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue