PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch Xv6900
Carrier: verizon

pbandj is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to flash a Vogue to cricket with GPS (Updated 1-29-2010)

i am a little confused about this cricket thing sorry for bothering anyone but i thought that once i unlocked my phone i could just flash to a custom rom then just reactivate it with Verizon. my question are
1)why do i need to go over to cricket to use a rom
2) what will happen to my verizon account when i flash to cricket (because i am on a shared plan)
3) is their a way no have a custom rom and not go over to cricket

thank you for any help you can give me
Old 02-11-2010, 03:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet
Threadstarter

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbandj View Post
i am a little confused about this cricket thing sorry for bothering anyone but i thought that once i unlocked my phone i could just flash to a custom rom then just reactivate it with Verizon. my question are
1)why do i need to go over to cricket to use a rom
2) what will happen to my verizon account when i flash to cricket (because i am on a shared plan)
3) is their a way no have a custom rom and not go over to cricket

thank you for any help you can give me
What the? Sorry don't mean to be rude. This tutorial How to flash a Vogue to cricket with GPS. So to answer your question in the order above.
1) You don't need cricket for a custom ROM cricket is a CDMA service provider
2) If you flashed your phone over to cricket your VZW setting will be lost as for your account nothing would happen.
3) Yes I would follow the link in step 2 to unlock the device find the custom ROM you want and flash it. A few notes on ROMS some are carrier specific and some are generic.

So to some it all up this tutorial is for folks who are wanting to flash a device to the "cricket network" these setting are for cricket. If you are just wanting to flash a new custom ROM and have a different service provider follow the link for the unlocker and find a custom ROM of your liking. The ROMS linked in this tutorial are cricket carrier specific and will only work with cricket.

If I can be of further help feel free to PM and I'll try to help you the best I can.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo

antivirus1 is a n00b
Re: EPST setting corrected!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
Theres always a way with the correct info. I'm not sure of PP's connection setting but the theory is the same. As for ROM's I would try a Verizon custom ROM or the verizon carrier cab for the WAP/MMS setting I beleive PP and VZW are basically the same. PP is a VZW mvno!
do u have verizon carrier cab
Old 02-12-2010, 02:19 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: EPST setting corrected!

Quote:
Originally Posted by antivirus1 View Post
do u have verizon carrier cab
I don't but I would recommend DCD carrier cabs, I hear they are the best.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch Xv6900

pbandj is a n00b

Quote:
What the? Sorry don't mean to be rude. This tutorial How to flash a Vogue to cricket with GPS. So to answer your question in the order above.
1) You don't need cricket for a custom ROM cricket is a CDMA service provider
2) If you flashed your phone over to cricket your VZW setting will be lost as for your account nothing would happen.
3) Yes I would follow the link in step 2 to unlock the device find the custom ROM you want and flash it. A few notes on ROMS some are carrier specific and some are generic.

So to some it all up this tutorial is for folks who are wanting to flash a device to the "cricket network" these setting are for cricket. If you are just wanting to flash a new custom ROM and have a different service provider follow the link for the unlocker and find a custom ROM of your liking. The ROMS linked in this tutorial are cricket carrier specific and will only work with cricket.

If I can be of further help feel free to PM and I'll try to help you the best I can.
thank you that was very helpful i am very new to this and i just had alot of questions. thanks for answering them
Old 02-16-2010, 07:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700 and htc touch
Carrier: cricket

trigger13 is a n00b

Quote:

Install the following before anything else http://justpctech.com/PPC/NETCFv35.wm.armv4i.cab (thanks edru)
the link does not work
Old 02-16-2010, 09:20 AM
Lurker

trigger13 is a n00b

Ok so this is my first time flashing any device in my entire life, i have read and done all of the steps you provided but got stuck on the part where i download your rom and place it in my mcsd card and rename the file, and insert it into the device, and then put it to bootloader, nothing happens!!! Did i miss something??
Old 02-16-2010, 10:11 AM
Lurker

trigger13 is a n00b

Sorry about all my posts

but i finally got it, and u can tell i got no sleep tonight, been up all night, lookin at the clock its 6.10am, wow, took 8 hours to get this done....silly me,
but overall wow!!!
Loving it to the max, nice job man
Old 02-16-2010, 01:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger13 View Post
the link does not work
Fixed!
Old 03-25-2010, 12:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc apache 6700
Carrier: Cricket

reyna213 is a n00b

I have a HTC Vogue from Verizon that i bought fully flashed to Cricket. I am not sure what happened but i can no longer get internet please help me......thanks in advance
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue