PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2009, 09:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

gammaray is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon GPS not working anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmnoobie View Post
I tried Verizon today with my original settings and with the other VZ settings listed in this thread and could not get them to work - I went back to
HKLM\Software\Valhalla Legends\GPSServer\Mode=2 Decimal
HKLM\Software\Valhalla Legends\GPSServer\PDEAddress=5C8BC6D8 Hex <-set to Hex before entering
HKLM\Software\Valhalla Legends\GPSServer\PDEPort=8889 Decimal
Working fine
BTW it took me a few tries to get it to start (previously never had trouble) I did turn off pull battery and restart. Last thing I did before it began to work was go to settings,system,external gps,Access <- Here I unchecked box to manage gps automatically _ then soft reset _ went back rechecked the box and soft reset again GPS Back up Hope this will Help

Worked great for me. Thanks.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon vx 6900
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

BudVen is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2guntommy View Post
Well I've done everything in every post and I'm still NO GPS ?
Did you turn off you phone, take out the battery, and wait a minute or two? I was having trouble getting mine to work and after I did this it started working.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vx6900

arianhojat is just getting started

I'm kinda late to the party. GPS stopped working for me...
I have something like OMJ's old rom with radio 3.42.50. and the GPS was working with the fix outlined in first part of this tutorial:
http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...VerizonAGPSFix aka i dont have MR1/Valhalla Legends GPSServer.
How do I get my phone working again with GPS...
Can we update first post of this thread with info on what to do if you are in both situations?
Old 03-30-2009, 03:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moto mpx 220>tmobile mda>6900 nfsfan 6.5>htc touch pro
Carrier: vzw

ruthlessbeatle is keeping up the good workruthlessbeatle is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ruthlessbeatle

okay hi everyone!! im know im late to this and im sorry. first off have to say I LOVE PPCGEEKS im a noob but have learned so much and looking foward to learning much more. so thank you to everyone here!

so iv been wooking on getting the gps to work for awhile now. im not having much luck. no sats at all! i have omjs custom rom and 3.42r with xdas OPST settings and the valhalla cab installed. iv also done all the reg edits so i just feel like there not much more i can do (prob not true just feel that way) can someone point me in the right direction or some advice please? i understand things have changed in the past few weeks but iv also tried all new settings from the top of this thred. still no luck.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VZW XV6900

harley! is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessbeatle View Post
okay hi everyone!! im know im late to this and im sorry. first off have to say I LOVE PPCGEEKS im a noob but have learned so much and looking foward to learning much more. so thank you to everyone here!

so iv been wooking on getting the gps to work for awhile now. im not having much luck. no sats at all! i have omjs custom rom and 3.42r with xdas OPST settings and the valhalla cab installed. iv also done all the reg edits so i just feel like there not much more i can do (prob not true just feel that way) can someone point me in the right direction or some advice please? i understand things have changed in the past few weeks but iv also tried all new settings from the top of this thred. still no luck.
Read this thread for guidance:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...423231&page=70

I don't think that custom ROM users use both Valhalla and the qpst revisions; rather custom ROM users use only the qpst settings. Valhalla is for users of the Verizon ROM (MR1, etc). Just my $.02.

Last edited by harley!; 03-30-2009 at 11:14 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6900
Carrier: VZW

invar is a n00b

Okay, GPS hasn't been working *properly* for me either in the last week or so. It is taking FOREVER for a lock, just like before I put in the PDE server IP of 66.174.95.132 using QPST.

I have done NOTHING to the phone that should affect GPS. About 2-3 weeks ago (before these problems) I was getting cold locks in a few minutes, and warm and hot locks within 30 seconds. Now it takes at LEAST 10 minutes of me standing outside in an open area waiting for it to find a satellite.

This indicates to me that it's a problem on Verizon's end...

What have they done!!?!?
Old 03-30-2009, 11:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VZW XV6900

harley! is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by invar View Post
Okay, GPS hasn't been working *properly* for me either in the last week or so. It is taking FOREVER for a lock, just like before I put in the PDE server IP of 66.174.95.132 using QPST.

I have done NOTHING to the phone that should affect GPS. About 2-3 weeks ago (before these problems) I was getting cold locks in a few minutes, and warm and hot locks within 30 seconds. Now it takes at LEAST 10 minutes of me standing outside in an open area waiting for it to find a satellite.

This indicates to me that it's a problem on Verizon's end...

What have they done!!?!?
Use qpst and change to the Telus settings from post #2 here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...t=verizon+aGPS

That should get you back on track. And review all pages of this thread for additional insight. Good luck.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6900
Carrier: VZW

invar is a n00b

Yeah, I just finished doing that. Cold lock in under 1 minute, 6 satellites, all from just standing by my window (didn't have to go outside!)
Old 03-30-2009, 03:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moto mpx 220>tmobile mda>6900 nfsfan 6.5>htc touch pro
Carrier: vzw

ruthlessbeatle is keeping up the good workruthlessbeatle is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ruthlessbeatle

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley! View Post

I don't think that custom ROM users use both Valhalla and the qpst revisions; rather custom ROM users use only the qpst settings. Valhalla is for users of the Verizon ROM (MR1, etc). Just my $.02.

thanks a lot sites down for right now but ill be trying when i get home from work. yeah i came into that where im not to use the valhalla cab with a custom rom but i was so tired of not fixing the gps i wanted to give it a try. do you think thats part of the problem?
Old 03-30-2009, 07:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900

cicijay is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley! View Post

In my case I did qpst a while ago with a NFSAN rom and everything worked fine. I tried the Verizon ROM shortly after the agps stuff stopped working. I modified the Valhalla settings to used the alternate IP adress and it worked fine but then I switched back to another rom of NFSAN and I can't get past the wmodemdrivers to recognize my phone in order to update via the qpst method.

Am I supposed to use Valhalla or modify the qpst? Is the fact I can't get wmmodemdrivers installed have anything to do with the 3.37.78 radio?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue