PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 11:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Slorizon

joshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon GPS not working anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop998 View Post
I vote to have this problem fixed, Is anyone working on it? or have all the Pro's moved on to newer phones.
LOL, I wish it was as easy as an election to fix this problem. You may be right about the newer phones, but I think that most people are having this problem are still running stock roms that use Valhalla (which was originally for the Mogul).
Old 04-01-2009, 12:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: verizon

WythDryden is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshkeller77 View Post
Still getting locks here on Telus so I believe it is not the server IP, but the hardware and software solutions that you are using. The problem lies in Valhalla's drivers I believe; many people have experienced that the settings roll back after a while. I don't think there will be a fix for Valhalla as I believe Skywing may have moved on to bigger things. Some have experienced lasting results with Custom Roms for the Vogue, you may want to try that avenue.
same here.. running nfsfan's verizon rom with telus settings and all is good.. usually get about 8 quick locks
Old 04-01-2009, 12:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6900
Carrier: VZW

invar is a n00b

Quote:
Still getting locks here on Telus so I believe it is not the server IP, but the hardware and software solutions that you are using. The problem lies in Valhalla's drivers I believe; many people have experienced that the settings roll back after a while. I don't think there will be a fix for Valhalla as I believe Skywing may have moved on to bigger things.

Some have experienced lasting results with Custom Roms for the Vogue, you may want to try that avenue.
I'm not using Valhalla's drivers. I'm using OMJ's custom rom from this walthhrough and I've triple checked the settings in both QPST and in the registry. It is still pointing to Telus.

But disregard, seems I was being just a bit impatient. It seems to be working now.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

joshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I can give you guys a cab that does the registry edits for aGPS for Telus.

NOTE:
1. If you are running Valhalla, run the one called "Serf aGPS Telus for Valhalla". You shouldn't need to run QPST if on Valhalla from what I understand.
2. If you are running a custom ROM, you will run the cab "Serf aGPS Telus" but you will need to follow QPST directions here, but put these values instead:

PDE IP Address = 216.198.139.92
PDE Port Number = 8889
PDE Transport = IP

One note for everyone is that I set the GPS mode at 2 if you want to set it differently you will need to use a registry editor.

Being that I do not have Valhalla on my phone (custom roms only), I need someone to test that one to make sure it works. I used this thread here for the settings that I used.

UPDATED: Humpa exported me his working reg keys that I have used for the new and improved Valhalla cab. Hope this works for you all.

Posted also on XDA and in Mogul forum.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Serf Telus aGPS.cab (1.2 KB, 72 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab Serf Telus aGPS for Valhalla.cab (3.1 KB, 119 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by joshkeller77; 04-01-2009 at 04:21 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moto mpx 220>tmobile mda>6900 nfsfan 6.5>htc touch pro
Carrier: vzw

ruthlessbeatle is keeping up the good workruthlessbeatle is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ruthlessbeatle

okay iv been looking like crazy and i found that if u went from the off vzw 6.1 update then to a custom rom gps wont work. and can one tell me if this is true? and if so where can i downgrade to a stock rom without using a 2gb card so only usb. and if its not ture has anyone found a good fix for the gps on a custom rom? trust me iv done qpst and reg edits. anything outside the box? thank you
Old 04-01-2009, 06:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessbeatle View Post
okay iv been looking like crazy and i found that if u went from the off vzw 6.1 update then to a custom rom gps wont work. and can one tell me if this is true? and if so where can i downgrade to a stock rom without using a 2gb card so only usb. and if its not ture has anyone found a good fix for the gps on a custom rom? trust me iv done qpst and reg edits. anything outside the box? thank you
You need to revert to an old stock rom, then upgrade to a custom rom. Look in the wiki for the ROM download.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moto mpx 220>tmobile mda>6900 nfsfan 6.5>htc touch pro
Carrier: vzw

ruthlessbeatle is keeping up the good workruthlessbeatle is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ruthlessbeatle

Quote:
You need to revert to an old stock rom, then upgrade to a custom rom. Look in the wiki for the ROM download.

thank you iv found it. but my real big thing is i only have a 1 gig card and im a bit scared to flash it using only a gb card can i just do it like a norm rom with the usb or am i sol? once again thank you for all the help
Old 04-01-2009, 11:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6900
Carrier: VZW

invar is a n00b

when i flashed to omj's custom rom, i used a 1gb card w/o probs. just follow the directions carefully.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessbeatle View Post
thank you iv found it. but my real big thing is i only have a 1 gig card and im a bit scared to flash it using only a gb card can i just do it like a norm rom with the usb or am i sol? once again thank you for all the help
As long as you have enough room to store the file on the sd card you are fine. Using a 256mb microsd would be fine, what is not fine is to use a card that is too big, SDHC is no good and those cards can range from 2GB to 16gb now. If your card does not say SDHC and the files fit on the microsd, you are fine. Like the other guy said, just read carefully.

SD flashing is the only way to go. I haven't flashed by usb in a very, very long time. More chances of failure, slower, tougher to get a connection that sticks, etc.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: verizon

WythDryden is becoming a great contributor

A major thing to remember though, when you flash to the older stock rom, DO NOT LET CUSTOMIZATIONS RUN. This was my major problem in initially getting gps to work, but after I reflashed with the older stock rom, and then upgraded again (Without letting customizations run) my life suddenly became so much easier.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue