PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 03:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: hopefully HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: I hope CricKet

ZRTMWA is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: sprint htc touch unlock for cricket

So I buy a sprint TP2 with no service, follow all of the steps in the second post, then take it to my local CricKet store and ask them to put service on my phone? The last step is the one I'm most confused about. What is the easiest way to get a CricKet Wireless employee to put service on a TP2? Maybe over the phone, although that might not be possible, as I'm not that familiar with getting service on a CDMA phone. Thanks.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRTMWA View Post
So I buy a sprint TP2 with no service, follow all of the steps in the second post, then take it to my local CricKet store and ask them to put service on my phone? The last step is the one I'm most confused about. What is the easiest way to get a CricKet Wireless employee to put service on a TP2? Maybe over the phone, although that might not be possible, as I'm not that familiar with getting service on a CDMA phone. Thanks.
I would recommend activating via phone and yes the sprint TP2 will work but it will need to be unlocked and flashed to work with cricket using the steps above. This is a new phone and there may be some additional steps to use such as getting the MSL/SPC is a little more difficult but there is a thread on Howards forum on it. and some here at PPC geeks
Old 10-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Lurker

ZRTMWA is a n00b

How would you recommend I go about getting CricKet on my phone over the phone with a CricKet Wireless employee, do I need to tell them that I need a new number/service for an unlocked HTC Touch Pro 2 or do I just play it off like I have a CricKet phone? How exactly did you do it for your two Touch Pro's?

What is MSL/ SPC? All of these technical terms are hard to follow. Could you provide me with a link to a thread HF or another thread on PPC geeks that will help me get CricKet on a Touch Pro 2? Since I'm a n00b I basically need everything written super clearly, with easy to follow steps. This thread has been great but it seems like everyone has a different experience when trying to get CricKet on a Touch Pro, I don't want to mess up a Touch Pro 2 if I get one. It seems like so many things could go wrong and money could be wasted very easily. It would be great to find a method that works every time and won't mess up my phone. I don't know the difference between a soft and a hard reset, unlocking and flashing, or what all this talk is about ROM's and Kitchen's! Is there anyone reliable on PPC Geeks that could unlock an HTC Touch Pro 2 for me for a small fee, maybe install some of those TP2 fix-it-ups from the TP2 section? Thanks whitey10tc.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Almost a VIP

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
How would you recommend I go about getting CricKet on my phone over the phone with a CricKet Wireless employee, do I need to tell them that I need a new number/service for an unlocked HTC Touch Pro 2 or do I just play it off like I have a CricKet phone? How exactly did you do it for your two Touch Pro's?

What is MSL/ SPC? All of these technical terms are hard to follow. Could you provide me with a link to a thread HF or another thread on PPC geeks that will help me get CricKet on a Touch Pro 2? Since I'm a n00b I basically need everything written super clearly, with easy to follow steps. This thread has been great but it seems like everyone has a different experience when trying to get CricKet on a Touch Pro, I don't want to mess up a Touch Pro 2 if I get one. It seems like so many things could go wrong and money could be wasted very easily. It would be great to find a method that works every time and won't mess up my phone. I don't know the difference between a soft and a hard reset, unlocking and flashing, or what all this talk is about ROM's and Kitchen's! Is there anyone reliable on PPC Geeks that could unlock an HTC Touch Pro 2 for me for a small fee, maybe install some of those TP2 fix-it-ups from the TP2 section? Thanks whitey10tc.
I thought I replied to this but I guess my computer crashed before it posted.
MSL/SPC = security code
this is probably the hardest part.
I can do this for you when you get it if you send it to me I have a .96hr turnaround on flashing and shipping it out(2nd day air for $25 extra). My pricing is very fair as far as things that could go wrong, there aren't many. If you are seriously interested and want to do yourself and have never done a full flash before I would suggest at least a month of home work along with compiling the needed programs, software, cabs, cables. and knowledge before you run out and buy. If you want to have myself or someone else do the work for you then I would say run out get the phone and get to the person as quick as possible...
Old 10-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Lurker

ZRTMWA is a n00b

It seems like all I would need to unlock a Verizon TP2 is the free unlock code, unless I am reading something wrong:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86751

Could I just go to cricKet and get service on it or would I need to get reformatting done like on the Sprint version?
Old 10-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
It seems like all I would need to unlock a Verizon TP2 is the free unlock code, unless I am reading something wrong:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86751

Could I just go to cricKet and get service on it or would I need to get reformatting done like on the Sprint version?
The basics Verizon to cricket would be for talk/text = change PRL
verizons SPC's are set to all 0's already. they may have a sim unlock code that would be different but easy to get.
For wap/MMS is where the reformatting comes in. and to flash a new ROM the phones firmware would need to unlocked.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

Quote:
When you call, tell them you have a moto razor v3c fully flashed to cricket. If you tell them you have a pda of any kind, the liklyhood of them suspending internet and mms on your account is high. Then neither will work. They will tell you that wap/mms won't work on your device and kill that feature for you. You give them the esn, and tell them its a rzr, on your account it is labeled as UPE (user provided equipment) and they don't have an index of all the esn like sprint does, so they will assume it is what you tell them it is.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:16 AM
Lurker

ZRTMWA is a n00b

Thanks. But what's an esn? Where do I get it? I know, I know, super noob questions. As you can tell PPC's aren't my area of specialty.

Edit: I just realized , why is this thread in HTC Vogue?
Old 10-08-2009, 12:37 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Thanks. But what's an esn? Where do I get it? I know, I know, super noob questions. As you can tell PPC's aren't my area of specialty.

Edit: I just realized , why is this thread in HTC Vogue?
I think I can answer both ?

The first
ESN= Electronic serial number "assign to the phone and no 2 are identical

the second
You probably did a search (good noob) for cricket and this was probably one of the first threads and then you decided to hi jack it for the Touch Pro 2.

Lets see if we can get a mod to move it over to the TP2 forum
Old 10-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Lurker

ZRTMWA is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
I think I can answer both ?

The first
ESN= Electronic serial number "assign to the phone and no 2 are identical

the second
You probably did a search (good noob) for cricket and this was probably one of the first threads and then you decided to hi jack it for the Touch Pro 2.

Lets see if we can get a mod to move it over to the TP2 forum
Non, no you got it wrong. Lalo41, the person who started the thread was asking how to get cricKet on his Touch Pro, yet he started it in the HTC Vogue section.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue