PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 07:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: instinct
Carrier: sprint

daspyder99 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: sprint htc touch unlock for cricket

Hey everyone, I've followed the steps carefully up to running QPST Config on my laptop with vista. (I am the admin) The problem comes when I activate the ##3424# to being installation of the drivers. I am unable to move beyond this step as my computer can't seem to install any drivers. In device mngr, the modem shows up fine. The phone itself comes up as generic device. Does anyone know how I can move beyond this snag? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:45 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I did a quick search for ya, and this might work unzip and install on your Vista computer.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=288753
http://www.google.com/search?q=vista...ient=firefox-a
hit the thanks button if this was any help.................
Old 10-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: instinct
Carrier: sprint

daspyder99 is a n00b

Hey people, I've finally worked through all the steps and installed a cricket prl file to my htc touch. I dialed *228 to update to the most recet prl. Problem is, I keep getting Verizon wireless during this process. Does anyone know anything that can guide me in the right direction? Thanks in advance for anyone who can help.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:33 PM
Almost a VIP

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by daspyder99 View Post
Hey people, I've finally worked through all the steps and installed a cricket prl file to my htc touch. I dialed *228 to update to the most recet prl. Problem is, I keep getting Verizon wireless during this process. Does anyone know anything that can guide me in the right direction? Thanks in advance for anyone who can help.
Try the 1042 or 1050
PRL 1050 people have had good success with. these and a whole list by regions/states is available at howards Forums http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1311637
Also check your SID/NID in EPST

Last edited by whitey10tc; 10-02-2009 at 11:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: hopefully HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: I hope CricKet

ZRTMWA is a n00b

Would the steps in the second post copied by kaeslumz work on an HTC TP2? If those steps aren't carrier specific, I should be able to change a tmobile HTC TP2 to carry cricKet? Also if I got the unlimited data/text/talk from CricKet for $45 a month, Windows mobile 6.1 will work with the data plan right?Thanks.

Last edited by ZRTMWA; 10-05-2009 at 04:55 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRTMWA View Post
Would the steps in the second post copied by kaeslumz work on an HTC TP2? If those steps aren't carrier specific, I should be able to change a tmobile HTC TP2 to carry cricKet? Also if I got the unlimited data/text/talk from CricKet for $45 a month, Windows mobile 6.1 will work with the data plan right?Thanks.
I don' think the TP2 from T mobile is CDMA compatible
Tmobile =GSM
cricket = CDMA
2 different cellular technologies
If you get it on cricket then yes the Wm6.1 will work with the data for the most part. Things like Push email and anything that requires a SSL IE bank sites most likely won't work. Cricket has a proxy port it goes through.
You will need to do alot of reprogramming to get it to work. But a basic flash is change the MSL/SPC to all 0's and add a cricket PRL.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:05 AM
Lurker

ZRTMWA is a n00b

Sorry about asking such a stupid quetion about the tmobile TP2. That was so obvious. Right when I read your post I was like duh, of course! Tmobile=SIM, cricket=no SIM.Anyway, thanks.

What is push email? and what other things require SSL IE bank sites? What does PRL stand for, Thanks. So this would work for the sprint touch pro 2 though?
Old 10-06-2009, 12:27 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Sorry about asking such a stupid quetion about the tmobile TP2. That was so obvious. Right when I read your post I was like duh, of course! Tmobile=SIM, cricket=no SIM.Anyway, thanks.

What is push email? and what other things require SSL IE bank sites? What does PRL stand for, Thanks. So this would work for the sprint touch pro 2 though?
Push email is basically pop/imap PRL= preferred roaming list, SSL= secure socket layers basically if a site requires higher security it most likely won't go through the proxi, but there are ways around it like the Proxi cap program and such. Yes the sprint touch pro 2 will work on cricket I know it is working right now from reading the cricket forum @ howardsforum. and no your question about Tmobile was not stupid alot of people ask that. Just a couple of months ago I had a coworker wanting me to flash a Motorola Razr to cricket "he said he thought is was a Verizon" well turned out to be a AT&T and he could not understand the difference. So I am glad that you do understand it.
The verizon TP2 looks to be a world phone that may work on both CDMA and T mobile. This may be my phone for next yr I get one every 6 months.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:28 PM
Lurker

ZRTMWA is a n00b

So I buy a sprint TP2 with no service, follow all of the steps in the second post, then take it to my local CricKet store and ask them to put service on my phone? The last step is the one I'm most confused about. What is the easiest way to get a CricKet Wireless employee to put service on a TP2? Maybe over the phone, although that might not be possible, as I'm not that familiar with getting service on a CDMA phone. Thanks.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
So I buy a sprint TP2 with no service, follow all of the steps in the second post, then take it to my local CricKet store and ask them to put service on my phone? The last step is the one I'm most confused about. What is the easiest way to get a CricKet Wireless employee to put service on a TP2? Maybe over the phone, although that might not be possible, as I'm not that familiar with getting service on a CDMA phone. Thanks.
I would recommend activating via phone and yes the sprint TP2 will work but it will need to be unlocked and flashed to work with cricket using the steps above. This is a new phone and there may be some additional steps to use such as getting the MSL/SPC is a little more difficult but there is a thread on Howards forum on it. and some here at PPC geeks
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue