PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2008, 01:45 PM
N00b

fletch713 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone using iGO 8

I've been playing with this program for a while, and while it has some interesting features, I prefer TomTom for the following reasons:

1) The program does not import my contacts. I don't understand why it doesn't understand my addresses, but both TomTom and iGuidance found everything correctly. This is pretty important, I think.

2) Adding something to the favorites menu is a pain. If I enter a destination, I want to be able to make that a favorite, through some intuitive process. Never had a problem creating a favorite in TomTom or iGuidance. Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I can tell the only way to add a facorite in iGo8 is to manually use the cursor to select a point on a map and set as favorite. Why can't I do something as simple as click on history and add favorite?

3) Lengthy process to find out what POIs are around you. The map shows lots of POI in the area, but you can't click on them to see that they are. You have to search for POIs around you in order to get a list.

Basically, this is a pretty program, but routine chores become more complex than necessary.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

LITTLEMITCHY is keeping up the good workLITTLEMITCHY is keeping up the good work

Where do you put the sys.txt file? thx
Old 05-27-2008, 05:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

doubleu is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLEMITCHY View Post
Where do you put the sys.txt file? thx
in the igo8 folder
Old 05-27-2008, 10:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

amztwin is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to amztwin

I have been trying for days to get this program to work but i cant seem to get the maps to show up. I have the full version but i dont know if i am installing the maps in the wrong place or what. can someone please send me some instructions on how to get this to work correctly. Thank you
Old 05-28-2008, 09:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

So does anyone know if there is any way to get rid of the extra stuff on the top of the screen (mph compass and other stuff) it takes up a lot of space.

I can't find any thing in the options, thanks.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

mardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primenall View Post
So does anyone know if there is any way to get rid of the extra stuff on the top of the screen (mph compass and other stuff) it takes up a lot of space.

I can't find any thing in the options, thanks.
You need to find a skin that has it removed or create your own skin. I found one that has the black color removed but the meters are still there. If you like I will posted it, if users are interested in tying it.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

hideffer is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by amztwin View Post
I have been trying for days to get this program to work but i cant seem to get the maps to show up. I have the full version but i dont know if i am installing the maps in the wrong place or what. can someone please send me some instructions on how to get this to work correctly. Thank you
amztwin, maps go in the Storage Card\iGO8\Content\Maps folder. If you have the maps in that location and you still do not see the map with iGO8 running, then you have an older version of the map (2007.07_070813) which did not work for me. Using a newer one works fine.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

hideffer is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardukeme View Post
You need to find a skin that has it removed or create your own skin. I found one that has the black color removed but the meters are still there. If you like I will posted it, if users are interested in tying it.
mardukeme, thank you for your sys.txt file. It has saved me some work. I'm very interested in the skin that you referenced above. Hopefully the black is made transparent so that one can see a greater portion of the map?

edit: markukeme, were you talking about the nopanel skin? If so I found it. Thanks.

Last edited by hideffer; 05-29-2008 at 12:10 AM.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

mardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hideffer View Post
mardukeme, thank you for your sys.txt file. It has saved me some work. I'm very interested in the skin that you referenced above. Hopefully the black is made transparent so that one can see a greater portion of the map?

edit: markukeme, were you talking about the nopanel skin? If so I found it. Thanks.

No I was taking about cbolumar skin
Old 05-30-2008, 05:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: P550

geoharris is a n00b

New at this...................I downloaded the skin but now where do I put it?? How do I start it?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue