View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 01:45 PM
fletch713
N00b

fletch713 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone using iGO 8

I've been playing with this program for a while, and while it has some interesting features, I prefer TomTom for the following reasons:

1) The program does not import my contacts. I don't understand why it doesn't understand my addresses, but both TomTom and iGuidance found everything correctly. This is pretty important, I think.

2) Adding something to the favorites menu is a pain. If I enter a destination, I want to be able to make that a favorite, through some intuitive process. Never had a problem creating a favorite in TomTom or iGuidance. Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I can tell the only way to add a facorite in iGo8 is to manually use the cursor to select a point on a map and set as favorite. Why can't I do something as simple as click on history and add favorite?

3) Lengthy process to find out what POIs are around you. The map shows lots of POI in the area, but you can't click on them to see that they are. You have to search for POIs around you in order to get a list.

Basically, this is a pretty program, but routine chores become more complex than necessary.