PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2009, 01:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android For The Vogue Is Here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_boyd90 View Post
i was also going to do this but i wasnt sure how to do it consider it runs off the sd card instead of the phone itself
Oh there are ways young grasshoppa.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:06 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Im pretty sure you can add this to any rom. maybe have the UC install the needed files to the storage card after flashing, then have a mort script that runs at bootup to start Android. I have never done anything in a kitchen, but i dont imagine that would be that hard.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:52 PM
VIP Member

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrito View Post
Im pretty sure you can add this to any rom. maybe have the UC install the needed files to the storage card after flashing, then have a mort script that runs at bootup to start Android. I have never done anything in a kitchen, but i dont imagine that would be that hard.
thats pretty much what i was gonna do.
maybe a few more things, but thats pretty much the gist
Old 05-26-2009, 02:35 PM
Banned User

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
thats pretty much what i was gonna do.
maybe a few more things, but thats pretty much the gist
Yeah, making an Android rom has been discussed before. Not sure it if was in this exact thread, but yeah...
Old 05-26-2009, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch

josh_boyd90 is becoming a great contributor

im so ready for a new update for this thing lol.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:36 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_boyd90 View Post
im so ready for a new update for this thing lol.
Haha, true that.
I'm sure it will come soon enough.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch

stereologic is a n00b

So after more reading I find that the native resolution is actually 320x428 , and having found this answer I was quite stoked to finally get the last cm or 2 of my screen back for using apps. Well, no such luck. This is driving me ape ****, its such a small little piece of screen, how the hell do I get it back? It only seems to be missing in apps. Its enough to make some apps unusable all together
Old 05-28-2009, 10:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon

hudsonhawk is a n00b
Best luck with which version?

So what version of Android are people using and having luck with? I couldn't get the latest Android to boot, and the latest Cupcake was super sluggish. The 4/25 build was awesome until it suddenly stopped working (fault in com.android.phone or something like that every time I boot).

Just curious which build people have had the best luck with because I'm already addicted and have trouble going back to WM.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:58 AM
Banned User

Re: Best luck with which version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudsonhawk View Post
Just curious which build people have had the best luck with because I'm already addicted and have trouble going back to WM.
Then dont change phones. I dont think there has been much luck porting Android to any other phone. I finally bought a diamond, and im very sad that android isnt even functional.

Imagine how nice it would look on the diamond screen...
Old 05-28-2009, 11:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon

hudsonhawk is a n00b
Re: Best luck with which version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrito View Post
Then dont change phones. I dont think there has been much luck porting Android to any other phone. I finally bought a diamond, and im very sad that android isnt even functional.

Imagine how nice it would look on the diamond screen...
Oh yeah, no worries of that. I already thought highly of the Vogue before Android got ported to it - now it has new life.

It would take Verizon releasing a phone running Android natively (or the Palm Pre being awesome) to make me want to do that.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue