PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2009, 05:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: Sprint

jaredakelly is keeping up the good workjaredakelly is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android For The Vogue Is Here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table83 View Post
How far along is android for the touch? I tried it a couple of months ago, and it was great to play with, , but not really ready for full time use. Is it any better? If I could run the full version on this phone I probably would.
if you've been reading it's actually extremely "use-able" for daily use. i use it 95% of the time. i only switch back if i am in need of gps as sometimes in my job it's an absolute necessity.

bluetooth doesn't work, gps doesn't work, and a couple other much smaller things don't

market works with hundreds (thousands?) of apps available..... it's awesome try it out.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:01 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredakelly View Post
i just sat down and tried to swipe it many times and it doesn't work

i also tried to find another app with in-call volume control and i can't find that either!

maybe i'll just change the resolution to be able to access it and change it back. do you know if you loose the setting if you uninstall the app?
lol, i tried to swipe it like 8 times just now cuz i used the newer files dzo released and it took, its tricky. thats why i use the stylus and swipe from the tip of the slider to the right corner repeatedly
Quote:
How far along is android for the touch? I tried it a couple of months ago, and it was great to play with, but not really ready for full time use. From what I've read it's better, but still not that great. Am I wrong? If I could run the full version on this phone I probably would, winmo isn't that great on this phone.
i use it full time, GPS and bluetooth are the main things that dont work as of yet but everything else does, and great. try it out, you got nothing to lose bro
Old 04-27-2009, 06:24 PM
okcoolthnx

Quote:
How far along is android for the touch? I tried it a couple of months ago, and it was great to play with, but not really ready for full time use. From what I've read it's better, but still not that great. Am I wrong? If I could run the full version on this phone I probably would, winmo isn't that great on this phone.

Well the big step for us happened just these past few weeks. Not only do we now have an almost complete port of Android 1.1 to the Vogue, we now have an Android 1.5 build that runs quite well on our Vogues also!

I used to run Android 95% of the time, and only use WM for Bluetooth PAM. Now that PAM doesn't work on this netbook running Leopard, I use Android 100%. I can't go back. Seriously.

Last edited by okcoolthnx; 04-27-2009 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 04-27-2009, 08:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Sprint)

derekwilkinson is a n00b

Where can I download 1.5?
Old 04-28-2009, 10:57 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcoolthnx View Post
...netbook running Leopard...
Effin Sweet!
Old 04-28-2009, 02:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3d

tstack77 is becoming a great contributor

I'm a little behind on setting this up. I'm on sprint but have no idea what my username and password are, or the format the default.txt should look like with them added. Is there a walkthrough that I'm missing through search?
Old 04-28-2009, 03:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: sprint

sequen is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to sequen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstack77 View Post
I'm a little behind on setting this up. I'm on sprint but have no idea what my username and password are, or the format the default.txt should look like with them added. Is there a walkthrough that I'm missing through search?
Locate the file that says "default-vogue.txt"assuming you are using a sprint HTC touch. then you open it and at the bottom there is a line that starts with set cmdline"ppp.username=mobile@jamamobile. simply change the portion that says mobile@jamamobile to XXX-XXX-XXX@sprint.com , the x's beeing your sprint phone#. leave everything else as is. you do not need the password..if you followed all the other directions in setting up the folders on the device then run the haret.exe and be sure that you run the text default-vogue and not the one that says default.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:47 PM
okcoolthnx

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstack77 View Post
You DON'T HAVE TO CHANGE ANYTHING.

You're in luck. With sprint, the default.txt settings work right out of the box. All you have to do is follow the instructions to install Android on your Vogue. BEFORE opening and starting 'haret' make sure your has an active data connection. That's it!

DO NOT CHANGE the settings in default.txt!!!
Old 04-28-2009, 03:49 PM
okcoolthnx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrito View Post
Effin Sweet!

Hell yeah! Best 320 bucks i've ever spent.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3d

tstack77 is becoming a great contributor

Thanks, but I'm still having connection issues. Should I completely delete the default password (=telecom)?

EDIT: okcoolthx, so I should copy over the plain default.txt and NOT the dafault-vogue.txt?

Last edited by tstack77; 04-28-2009 at 04:00 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue