PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2009, 12:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: Sprint

jaredakelly is keeping up the good workjaredakelly is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android For The Vogue Is Here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_boyd90 View Post
can someone plz hlp me get chompsms to work on my vogue/android... the keyboard is too big for screen
dude....im pretty sure you cant resize the keyboard. try re-installing it....if not use the messaging app it comes with....
Old 04-19-2009, 11:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch
Carrier: USCC

gjbnh is keeping up the good workgjbnh is keeping up the good work

I tried this AMAZING piece of work a while back and had problems. Updating this week to a new release, I again had problems. After running android and rebooting, every installed program returned an error of a bad certificate. I think this may be cause by a locked rom. I', using a stock USCC 6.1 rom. The unit again became very unstable, and would not run any 3rd party apps.
So you may need to unlock phone BEFORE running this awesome app.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue

eTiger13 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to eTiger13 Send a message via Yahoo to eTiger13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjbnh View Post
I tried this AMAZING piece of work a while back and had problems. Updating this week to a new release, I again had problems. After running android and rebooting, every installed program returned an error of a bad certificate. I think this may be cause by a locked rom. I', using a stock USCC 6.1 rom. The unit again became very unstable, and would not run any 3rd party apps.
So you may need to unlock phone BEFORE running this awesome app.
That woudlnt have anything to do with your WinMo ROM. Try redownloading the files and launching again.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch

josh_boyd90 is becoming a great contributor

etiger has ur cab install been updated to newest version?
Old 04-20-2009, 11:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch
Carrier: USCC

gjbnh is keeping up the good workgjbnh is keeping up the good work

This problem with an unstable wm 6 has occurred with3 different versions of android. So I do not think it's from bad downloads. I think it has more to do with the rom not being unlocked. But that is just my thoughts on it. Thanks for the input dude.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:06 AM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

just curious, is there a way to manage your processes, i noticed there isnt an option to close apps by default, but i did see a task manager in marketplace that closes apps but had to be able to root, do we fall into that category??

i read somewhere that you can edit how many processes can be open at a time, i believe the default was 6, i dont remember.... where can i edit this setting if its true...?

thats pretty much it for now.... except that googlemaps wont detect my location via gps but ill look around for a fix soon if there is one (not that important in my case)

any suggestions appreciated, thanx all for this dream project!!! i cant believe i havent tried this earlier
Old 04-20-2009, 11:19 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjbnh View Post
This problem with an unstable wm 6 has occurred with3 different versions of android. So I do not think it's from bad downloads. I think it has more to do with the rom not being unlocked. But that is just my thoughts on it. Thanks for the input dude.
Im pretty sure Android has nothing to do with your rom. Are you trying to use it on a Vogue Touch? As in CDMA, as that may be a problem. Not sure if this works on an elfin, or the GSM version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike20pr View Post
just curious, is there a way to manage your processes, i noticed there isnt an option to close apps by default, but i did see a task manager in marketplace that closes apps but had to be able to root, do we fall into that category??

i read somewhere that you can edit how many processes can be open at a time, i believe the default was 6, i dont remember.... where can i edit this setting if its true...?

thats pretty much it for now.... except that googlemaps wont detect my location via gps but ill look around for a fix soon if there is one (not that important in my case)

any suggestions appreciated, thanx all for this dream project!!! i cant believe i havent tried this earlier

There is a task manager in the market place.

I dont recall seeing anywhere that you could edit that, but i could be wrong...

GPS doesnt work at all yet, and Touch doesnt have Wifi so it cant even use that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:43 AM
MikeElGiga23

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcoolthnx View Post
Multi-tasks refers to the fact that the phone can process multiple items at the same time without significant loss in performance.

Since Android is not meant to run on our hardware, it becomes fairly sluggish after time. The quickest and most effective solution is to go into Dev Tools, click on Development Settings, and set Max App Process Limit to 3 or 4. I have mine set to 3 and my phone flies. Good luck.
@negrito, found the tasks mod i was talking about in case you are interested

thanx for the reply
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:52 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike20pr View Post
@negrito, found the tasks mod i was talking about in case you are interested

thanx for the reply
Yeah, mos def. I just updated to the 1.1 this weekend.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:56 AM
MikeElGiga23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrito View Post
Yeah, mos def. I just updated to the 1.1 this weekend.
i hear ya, this thing runs so good that i have it as my default OS

i cant believe they made so much progress with this, im waiting for the new cupcake to be fully working cuz of all the added features and most importantlly, the keyboard

the only thing preventing this from being 100% perfect is the glitchy KB and the non working gps
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue