PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2008, 06:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

fuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlreadyKnown View Post
if wifi is not in the touch...why does mine have it??? It connects when im at work...and when I go to my settings for example on windows media it has wifi listed and is chosen as a feature to use to search for things....
In windows media player those are the streaming speed settings. It uses wifi as an example. That doesn't mean you have wifi.

Also... you don't have wifi.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: hTc Touch
Carrier: Sprint

AlreadyKnown is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to AlreadyKnown Send a message via Yahoo to AlreadyKnown
that really makes no sense to have a setting in there for it if you cant use it...even if you have to get an external antenna you should be able to download the setting instead of having it already...
Old 02-01-2008, 06:42 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlreadyKnown View Post
that really makes no sense to have a setting in there for it if you cant use it...even if you have to get an external antenna you should be able to download the setting instead of having it already...
It's part of the operating system... have you not noticed how you have an option to enable beaming of information through infrared? Well last time I checked my Sprint Touch (Vogue) did not have a infrared port

Also, the settings must remain in case someone develops a miniSD wifi card.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 02-01-2008, 08:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue

PlainShane is a n00b
Well there should definitely be another sticky, or update the others, with noob to novice information like "I want one of these cool roms, how do I get it working step by step!?", "how do I do this soft reset you talk about?", etc...

more walkthroughs would be nice but if you are patient with lots of time you can sift through stuff to find it all out sometimes having to piece information from other threads together.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc vogue

mush2699 is becoming a great contributor
once a noob -------> hours online searching forums --------> no longer a noob
Old 02-02-2008, 09:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue

PlainShane is a n00b
Well, the thing is that everything that one should search for is the exact sort of provided information that is being damned in the above posts. So, in short, having it consolidated is not too much heresy, yes? Beware of the bleeding deacons.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

djtech2k is a n00b
Just FYI, I talked to customer service yesterday because my sprint tv stopped working and they said that the ROM update is in its final wave of testing. She confirmed it will be out this quarter, but could be in the latter part of the quarter depending how the testing ends up. She said it does have the GPS addition in the update.

That may be common info, but at least they are talking about it now.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo

817marine is just getting started
i was under the impression the rom update was just for the mogul. is there going to be two seperate updates?
Old 02-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

trakslacker is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by 817marine View Post
i was under the impression the rom update was just for the mogul. is there going to be two seperate updates?
although not officially announced by Sprint (that I am aware of), the general understanding is that the Touch (Vogue) would also get the Rev. A/GPS update. I do believe official Sprint folks have given "unofficial" confirmation of this repeatedly.

I think its more an issue of when rather than "if". I've seen estimate as late as Q2/Q3, so hopefully it does get here in March.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by klurf8881 View Post
the problem with that is someone has to sit and waste their time writing a simple step by step for everything. Were you all spoon-fed info in college or did you actually have to do reading and studying on your own? This is basic research here- not everything in life is "easy" or right there for you written out. Noobs im sure can read as well as the vets can. No one laid it out step by step for the vets either. I was never coached step by step or in a tutorial i learned from reading. We were all noobs at one point and ive NEVER seen a long step by step drawn out tutorial for anything or any phone. Even the vets have lives outside this little space we call "modding" and dont have that time to sit and write pages on steps down for your benefit because the new people simply dont want to learn on their own and read up first. We ALL do the same thing, filter through pages and pages of crap to get a few good snippets of info, thats life.
True enough, but does anybody remember the walkthrough that was in the Apache kitchen? Now there was some amazing documentation with a simple step by step approach. TalynOne and a few others take the time to do some really nice write ups too.

Edit: Sorry, I just realized how off topic that was, and how that was the very thing the OP was trying to avoid. My bad. Just wanted to give some recognition to those out there that do take the time. We were all noobs once. Not saying everything has to be spoon fed, but a link here and there can be more helpful than "use the search." My $.02

Last edited by bedoig; 02-08-2008 at 05:36 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue