PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

djtech2k is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Consolidated Answers..GPS, WiFi, etc

Hello All.

I am creating this thread in hopes to get consolidated real answers to the most common Touch questions. I have read no less than 25 threads separately talking about these issues and each thread has about 20 different stories. I would like the tech guru's on here to respond with the REAL answers and not have this thread turn into a complaint fest or a bunch of guesses.

What exactly do we know for sure or at least pretty certain about the following topics:

GPS?

WiFi?

RevA? (what exactly does it do BTW)

Any other "must have" mods?

I am a computer guy, but not so much on the phones side just yet.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Tenny
GPS: Will be enabled with a (Q1 2008, Update - quoted from Sprints website)
WiFi: Hardware is not present, there is no antenna at the very least.
RevA: Will be enabled with update previously mentioned.

RevA Enables higher speeds when browsing the internet. I think it was 1-2Mbits Download/700kbits-1mbit upload. Another "cool" feature of this, is it keeps the data connection going, while you are on the phone. So you will not get all those messages saying that you've been disconnected from the OZ Messenger.

Last edited by Tenny; 02-01-2008 at 11:45 AM.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:09 PM
VW
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I know that I started a thread on buzzaboutwireless asking questions about it. Perhaps others at PPCG should give some feedback.

http://forums.buzzaboutwireless.com/...thread.id=2985
Old 02-01-2008, 04:01 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
No offense dj, but the answers to those questions are all over the place. Most threads that start asking those questions separatedly or combined, end up with users repeating what Tenny posted. Those are the answers to your questions.

As far as must have mods... it really depends on what you want, there are so many options with WM devices that your best bet is to browse what's available and choose what you want. There so many options that what one user finds as must have may seem worthless to you.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 02-01-2008, 04:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Sprint)
Carrier: sprint

lukevinyl is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
No offense dj, but the answers to those questions are all over the place. Most threads that start asking those questions separatedly or combined, end up with users repeating what Tenny posted. Those are the answers to your questions.

As far as must have mods... it really depends on what you want, there are so many options with WM devices that your best bet is to browse what's available and choose what you want. There so many options that what one user finds as must have may seem worthless to you.

I agree 1000%

This information is EVERYWHERE if you take some initiative.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:02 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

djtech2k is a n00b
Well, the fact is that is IS everywhere, but there are 1000x versions of it. Some people say the wifi hardware is there and needs enabled, while others say its not there. Some say it has GPS hardware but its disabled and some say there isn't. The fact is that I think sometimes people do not know for sure what they are talking about or they hijack the thread for tons of complaints or nonsense. I wanted the 100% factual truth to the issues in one place without all the junk or different versions of the facts.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Sprint)
Carrier: sprint

lukevinyl is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtech2k View Post
Well, the fact is that is IS everywhere, but there are 1000x versions of it. Some people say the wifi hardware is there and needs enabled, while others say its not there. Some say it has GPS hardware but its disabled and some say there isn't. The fact is that I think sometimes people do not know for sure what they are talking about or they hijack the thread for tons of complaints or nonsense. I wanted the 100% factual truth to the issues in one place without all the junk or different versions of the facts.

I understand what you are saying, however most of your questions could be answered by visiting the FAQ within the Vogue/Touch section, as well as using the many other "phone" forums out there.

With any message board, you need to take all information with a grain of salt, and consider where the information is coming from. If most everybody within a thread agrees on a particular subject, then you can be fairly confident that the info is correct. Talking to multiple people within forums or in person is ALWAYS going to result in opinions being given.

If you really want all YOUR questions answered in one place, I would suggest making your own compilation for your own use.....
Old 02-01-2008, 05:24 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

djtech2k is a n00b
OK. I do not know about you, but I would rather not read all the posts in a thread that is 10 pages long to find all kinds of contradictory information. I chose to create a single, garbage free, topic that could be addressed and answered by the people that know what they are talking about.

My most sincere apologies to you for the inconvenience of having to read this thread.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:31 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtech2k View Post
OK. I do not know about you, but I would rather not read all the posts in a thread that is 10 pages long to find all kinds of contradictory information. I chose to create a single, garbage free, topic that could be addressed and answered by the people that know what they are talking about.

My most sincere apologies to you for the inconvenience of having to read this thread.
It's not an inconveniance... what we are trying to say is that by creating a thread that's discussing something that has been discussed in the past you will either get flamed or will get the same people with contradictory information posting the same thing they posted in the original 10-page thread.

On top of that, the "knowledgeable" people will rarely post on threads that have been discussed in the past because they figured that they have already posted about it once and you just chose not to read the answers that are already out there.

As luke said also, this is not an official forum at all, so all the information needs to be taken with a grain of salt. People could be posting wrong information on purpose or just have no clue as to what they are talking about, that is why there are so many contradictory opinions on many things.

In the end, jus just registered today and we are trying to make it easier for you, I'm sorry if it came across the wrong way.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: hTc Touch

AlreadyKnown is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to AlreadyKnown Send a message via Yahoo to AlreadyKnown
if wifi is not in the touch...why does mine have it??? It connects when im at work...and when I go to my settings for example on windows media it has wifi listed and is chosen as a feature to use to search for things....
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue