View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 05:30 PM
bedoig
VIP Member

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by klurf8881 View Post
the problem with that is someone has to sit and waste their time writing a simple step by step for everything. Were you all spoon-fed info in college or did you actually have to do reading and studying on your own? This is basic research here- not everything in life is "easy" or right there for you written out. Noobs im sure can read as well as the vets can. No one laid it out step by step for the vets either. I was never coached step by step or in a tutorial i learned from reading. We were all noobs at one point and ive NEVER seen a long step by step drawn out tutorial for anything or any phone. Even the vets have lives outside this little space we call "modding" and dont have that time to sit and write pages on steps down for your benefit because the new people simply dont want to learn on their own and read up first. We ALL do the same thing, filter through pages and pages of crap to get a few good snippets of info, thats life.
True enough, but does anybody remember the walkthrough that was in the Apache kitchen? Now there was some amazing documentation with a simple step by step approach. TalynOne and a few others take the time to do some really nice write ups too.

Edit: Sorry, I just realized how off topic that was, and how that was the very thing the OP was trying to avoid. My bad. Just wanted to give some recognition to those out there that do take the time. We were all noobs once. Not saying everything has to be spoon fed, but a link here and there can be more helpful than "use the search." My $.02

Last edited by bedoig; 02-08-2008 at 05:36 PM.