PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2008, 02:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch (voque)
Carrier: Sprint

huskrfj is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to huskrfj
Re: Registry Tweaks/Hacks/Edits - Share them here!

I got another issue... this one I can't figure out. Hope this is an easy registry tweak.
I have the 'htc home sprint' on my today screen (this is the one with the phone dialer, sprint music store, camera album, live search, sprint tv icons) Is there a way to change what these icons open? or a reg edit/tweak to fix problems. My main problem and reason for posting is, I updated and reinstalled live search from the web. To enable voice commands. I installed from storage card. and ever since then the afforementioned icon gives me an error message and wont open live search. I open it elsewhere and it works just fine. I even went as far as locating the original cab in windows and reinstalling that one and it still didn't fix it. Not a huge deal but annoying to have buttons that don't work.
Leading to my continuation question, can these icons be changed to open diferent apps as I never open the sprint music store and would like to have that open a music player of my liking.
Any info and or advice is appreciated.

By the way... this site is awesome!
thanks everybody!
Old 04-12-2008, 10:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskrfj View Post
I got another issue... this one I can't figure out. Hope this is an easy registry tweak.
I have the 'htc home sprint' on my today screen (this is the one with the phone dialer, sprint music store, camera album, live search, sprint tv icons) Is there a way to change what these icons open? or a reg edit/tweak to fix problems. My main problem and reason for posting is, I updated and reinstalled live search from the web. To enable voice commands. I installed from storage card. and ever since then the afforementioned icon gives me an error message and wont open live search. I open it elsewhere and it works just fine. I even went as far as locating the original cab in windows and reinstalling that one and it still didn't fix it. Not a huge deal but annoying to have buttons that don't work.
Leading to my continuation question, can these icons be changed to open diferent apps as I never open the sprint music store and would like to have that open a music player of my liking.

thanks everybody!
Awesone site, agreed 100%! There's a freeware app called tdLaunch that'll solve your desire for Today Screen shortcuts (Google "tdlaunch"). I used it to decorate a dozen buttons around my mugshot:
Old 04-12-2008, 11:12 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:

thanks everybody!
There are 2 files in \windows, one for portrait & one for landscape:

ql_skin_p.xml
ql_skin_l.xml

Open in Notepad & modify...here is what it will look like.

Code:
<QuickLauncher>
  <button>
    <APP1 x="0" y="0" w="48" h="45" img="ql_phone.bmp" img_mask="ql_phone_mask.bmp" link="\Windows\ql_phone.lnk"/>
    <APP2 x="48" y="0" w="48" h="45" img="ql_music.bmp" img_mask="ql_music_mask.bmp" link="\Windows\Music.exe"/>
    <APP3 x="96" y="0" w="48" h="45" img="ql_photos.bmp" img_mask="ql_photos_mask.bmp" link="\Windows\HTCAlbum.exe" cmdline="-mode:camera -type:image"/>
    <APP4 x="144" y="0" w="48" h="45" img="ql_search.bmp" img_mask="ql_search_mask.bmp" link="\windows\LiveSearch.exe" />
    <APP5 x="192" y="0" w="48" h="45" img="ql_TV.bmp" img_mask="ql_tv_mask.bmp" link="\windows\SprintTV.exe" />
  </button>
</QuickLauncher>
Old 04-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Lurker

desithug4lyfe is a n00b

thankz love this thread
Old 04-12-2008, 12:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

huskrfj is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post
There are 2 files in \windows, one for portrait & one for landscape:

ql_skin_p.xml
ql_skin_l.xml

Open in Notepad & modify...here is what it will look like.

Code:
<QuickLauncher>
  <button>
    <APP1 x="0" y="0" w="48" h="45" img="ql_phone.bmp" img_mask="ql_phone_mask.bmp" link="\Windows\ql_phone.lnk"/>
    <APP2 x="48" y="0" w="48" h="45" img="ql_music.bmp" img_mask="ql_music_mask.bmp" link="\Windows\Music.exe"/>
    <APP3 x="96" y="0" w="48" h="45" img="ql_photos.bmp" img_mask="ql_photos_mask.bmp" link="\Windows\HTCAlbum.exe" cmdline="-mode:camera -type:image"/>
    <APP4 x="144" y="0" w="48" h="45" img="ql_search.bmp" img_mask="ql_search_mask.bmp" link="\windows\LiveSearch.exe" />
    <APP5 x="192" y="0" w="48" h="45" img="ql_TV.bmp" img_mask="ql_tv_mask.bmp" link="\windows\SprintTV.exe" />
  </button>
</QuickLauncher>
thanks man! I hope this works... So can I just change these to any .exe i wish? Or should I use something like tdlaunch? I suspect its doing basically the same thing just with the app I don't have to reg edit?
Old 04-13-2008, 07:50 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
thanks man! I hope this works... So can I just change these to any .exe i wish? Or should I use something like tdlaunch? I suspect its doing basically the same thing just with the app I don't have to reg edit?
yep....they are just shortcuts to those programs, you can change to whatever you want.....you can change the icons too
Old 04-14-2008, 10:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

huskrfj is a n00b

Quote:
I am using resco file explorer and finally found it but cannot figure out how to edit the file. When I try to open with notes its says it is been moved or deleted or something. I see why it was not launching (I think):

<QuickLauncher>
<button>
<APP4 x="144" y="0" w="48" h="45" img="ql_search.bmp" img_mask="ql_search_mask.bmp" link="\Program Files\Live Search\Live Search\Live Search.exe" />
<APP5 x="192" y="0" w="48" h="45" img="ql_TV.bmp" img_mask="ql_tv_mask.bmp" link="\Program Files\SprintTV\SprintTV.exe" />
</button>
</QuickLauncher>

The button of concern is the windows live launcher and it is for some reason showing two live search folders one inside the other.
Is there anyway to ope this in notepad on the touch itself? I sent it to my self and am thinking I will just edit it in notepad on my computer and overwrite it. Any suggestions are GREATly appreciated.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

huskrfj is a n00b

Also can you link to a program from the storage card?
I have included a copy of the edited file someone mind looking at it to see if it looks proper?
ql_skin_p

<QuickLauncher>
<button>
<APP2 x="48" y="0" w="48" h="45" img="ql_music.bmp" img_mask="ql_music_mask.bmp" link="\Storage Card\Program Files\TCPMP\player.exe"/>
<APP4 x="144" y="0" w="48" h="45" img="ql_search.bmp" img_mask="ql_search_mask.bmp" link="\Storage Card\Program Files\Live Search\Live Search.exe" />
<APP5 x="192" y="0" w="48" h="45" img="ql_TV.bmp" img_mask="ql_tv_mask.bmp" link="\Program Files\SprintTV\SprintTV.exe" />
</button>
</QuickLauncher>
Old 04-15-2008, 10:57 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff

Quote:
Also can you link to a program from the storage card?
I have included a copy of the edited file someone mind looking at it to see if it looks proper?
ql_skin_p

<QuickLauncher>
<button>
<APP2 x="48" y="0" w="48" h="45" img="ql_music.bmp" img_mask="ql_music_mask.bmp" link="\Storage Card\Program Files\TCPMP\player.exe"/>
<APP4 x="144" y="0" w="48" h="45" img="ql_search.bmp" img_mask="ql_search_mask.bmp" link="\Storage Card\Program Files\Live Search\Live Search.exe" />
</button>
</QuickLauncher>
I believe it should work....give it a try, you can always edit it again....best thing to do is copy the xml to your pc, edit, then overwrite.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

huskrfj is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post
I believe it should work....give it a try, you can always edit it again....best thing to do is copy the xml to your pc, edit, then overwrite.
"The file 'Live Search' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstlling or restoring this file."

I don't know what is going on here. I linked TCPMP to the music icon off of my storage card and it worked. but this live search will not work.

Anybody got any ideas?

txs,
MO
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue