PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2009, 07:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman
Re: OpenGL Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
Nfsfan.
He said he he researched it, and in order to do that you have to port like 7-9other dll's to get it to work, but long story short it won't work on our vogues because of the main thing not working or something like that.
I don't know exactly what he said after the post I quoted,
It was a day or so ago.
It's in his thread at xda for his vogue rom..
i know he told me that like 3 months ago, something about the ddi.dll, thats why i asked...

idc, it can work if there was a group of people working on it who had the resources.....instead they are gone to the crap diamond or busted tp....

o well
Old 06-06-2009, 10:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
i know he told me that like 3 months ago, something about the ddi.dll, thats why i asked...

idc, it can work if there was a group of people working on it who had the resources.....instead they are gone to the crap diamond or busted tp....

o well
I'm getting the TP2,
but I'd be more than willing to try and help work on this.
I plan on getting a dump of the verizon diamond as soon as I can.
I might even start scouring other forums to try
and get someone to dump me one.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:59 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Cody, weve been trying for a month now, its no use....Diamond is too old for anyone to get it for Verizon...

Might as well start collecting for TP2, hey if you want me and you can team up on the ROM, it will be my rom but you can be the guys who supplies me, and I will make sure you get recognized for it
Old 06-06-2009, 11:27 PM
VIP Member

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Cody, weve been trying for a month now, its no use....Diamond is too old for anyone to get it for Verizon...

Might as well start collecting for TP2, hey if you want me and you can team up on the ROM, it will be my rom but you can be the guys who supplies me, and I will make sure you get recognized for it
Well I was gonna do the sd card dump if I could ever get a ride.
But I'm not sure how to go from a dump.bin file to usable files.

Sounds good to me.
I was planning on trying to get my vogue faq updated by like tuesday/wednesday and then focusing on starting to gather anything and everything for the TP2.
Get everything ready and organized for a faq here when they open the TP2 section. So yeah, sounds good to me.

I hope verizon gets the TP2 and doesn't butcher the ram though.
If they do, then alltel better get it since I have alltel and am eligible for an upgrade. I can either upgrade with alltel for like the next few months and still sign a contract with them, or switch over to verizon and resign a two year contract. Ugh, it just needs to get released already...
Old 06-07-2009, 10:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VOGUE 6.5.3
Carrier: SPRINT

wooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to wooptiewoous

ok so you have issue with dumping .bin would it be easier to use a dumped files and modules it takes longer like 8-9 min im at my lake home til next wensday.. ill goto a verizon station in mall in duluth i live in superior and tell em i want to dump the files and till em if i break it ill buy it CASH usally underpaid ppl ill bribe em if need be.. i have anouther software the dumps from storage card.....and i do believe that with the right files a dll can be writin for the vogue as im not into tp2 cause i want the phone with snapdragon and bigger screen giving mine to daughter 13 yo n nov as first cell and insured so shell get freebee when lost..just becuse i want to see it work ill help what i can im not a coder by any means i have very differant abilitys to help this along...

does the diamond have the same slot as the vogue hmmm

Last edited by wooptiewoous; 06-07-2009 at 12:14 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:18 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

wooptie, if you can get it done, your a hero...

Idk what to do with bin, but if you can get nbh or .os...then i can work with that
Old 06-07-2009, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VOGUE 6.5.3
Carrier: SPRINT

wooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to wooptiewoous

Quote:
wooptie, if you can get it done, your a hero...

Idk what to do with bin, but if you can get nbh or .os...then i can work with that
what about files like this , this is a dump with anouther type of dumper

Last edited by wooptiewoous; 06-10-2009 at 08:16 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 03:03 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
Well I was gonna do the sd card dump if I could ever get a ride.
But I'm not sure how to go from a dump.bin file to usable files.

Sounds good to me.
I was planning on trying to get my vogue faq updated by like tuesday/wednesday and then focusing on starting to gather anything and everything for the TP2.
Get everything ready and organized for a faq here when they open the TP2 section. So yeah, sounds good to me.

I hope verizon gets the TP2 and doesn't butcher the ram though.
If they do, then alltel better get it since I have alltel and am eligible for an upgrade. I can either upgrade with alltel for like the next few months and still sign a contract with them, or switch over to verizon and resign a two year contract. Ugh, it just needs to get released already...
I can bet that Verizon will butcher every WM phone from now on....and Verizon wont get TP2 until next year
Old 06-07-2009, 04:07 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
I can bet that Verizon will butcher every WM phone from now on....and Verizon wont get TP2 until next year
D*mnit.
Then I'll have to call alltel and see if they will get it soon.
If not, then I might just have to wait and get a TP1.

But I have been instructed to relay the following here for you guys::

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFSFAN View Post
Tomorrow I will post a vid to show how well any type of 3D processing works on the Touch Pro CDMA. It is important to keep in mind that with no custom rom out there that I have tested, or stock ROM the game NFS Undercover works on or GLBenchmark. With the optimized OpenVG 1.1 support and OpenGL CM + CL support, and custom optimized drivers which I've worked on countless hours with no sleep (overrated), and lots of RedBull (great for long projects, that require no sleep) the Touch Pro really shines, while being able to use its full hardware capabilities. The game runs with zero lag or slowdowns, its 100% fluid, and framerate is definately over 30 fps.

This same result will be achievable on the Vouge, with most likely even better performance, due to a smaller screen size. The Vogue will be able to render 4 million tris/sec, unlike with Touch Pro which is at ~1 million tris/sec due to the larger screen resolution. Even at 1 million tris/sec its fluid, and doesn't sweat running OpenGL or D3D apps/games.

Enjoy V10, and look forward to what the future brings. If there are any developers out there, especially those with knowledge in device drivers, whether it be for x86 or ARM please come forward. I've done already lots of work to the porting of D3D+OpenGL for the Vogue, disptools I've modified to accept proper calls from the diamond/tp smem. Right now I've got the diamond/tp rex ported and modified to run for Vogue. vddi wrapper written to fill missing ddi functions from the vogue, although haven't finished all of the imports yet. Right now I'm at a wall with clkregim which seems to be device dependent in one form or another, throws exception errors if initializing 3D on Vogue. Anyhow there is one more missing link and that is clkregim, the rest seem compatible and do not require wrappers hopefully.

NFSFAN OUT....
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFSFAN View Post
@codybear...
I would suggest speaking to those guys struggling with the OpenGL Driver on ppcgeeks. The Diamond Verizon dump won't help us at all. I've stated what needs to be done, a few pages back. Also as mentioned before, I've written a wrapper for the ddi to fill in the missing functions. Main problem is that Diamond that Verizon has uses MSM7500A @ 528 Mhz, not exactly the same processor we have.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:13 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

But the processor is as close to us as anything. If we cant get it to work from there, then nothing will work....
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development