PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2009, 01:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OpenGL Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1loudsvt View Post
thought it had to be verizon? i came across that a few days ago
haha, and this thread is only 9 pages long at to tell ya the truth
I haven't taken the time to read all of this.
haha.
I've been such a noob in helping with development of stuff lately.
I've been helping too many people with their problems flashing and what not, that they are starting to rub off on me with the laziness in not wanting to read. sorry whosdaman.

But really, I just spend the last 4 and half hours posting fixes at xda.
I still have like another two forums to deal with,
and I think I'm pushing those off till tomorrow.
I wish I could get paid to do this,
after a ten hour shift, and then hours sitting here,
everything starts to blend together. haha.

Again I apologize for my noobness.
I'll actually read this whole thing tomorrow.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VOGUE 6.5.3
Carrier: SPRINT

wooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to wooptiewoous

op out as tool could be used for thieft

Last edited by wooptiewoous; 06-05-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:36 PM
VIP Member

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooptiewoous View Post
Deleted link to tool.
I got your pm,
now I only need a ride to the store during a busy time so they leave me alone.

Last edited by codybear; 06-05-2009 at 08:52 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

PedroDaGr8 is keeping up the good workPedroDaGr8 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I got your pm,
now I only need a ride to the store during a busy time so they leave me alone.
Guerrilla Rom Dumping. Nice.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:54 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
Guerrilla Rom Dumping. Nice.
That's just how I roll!

I just wish I had a ride there already...
Old 06-05-2009, 10:44 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Been looking over the OpenGL Driver thread at ppcgeeks...
I'm going to restate this once again, since it was asked on another thread here, and codybear seems to be killing himself over this :P

The HTC Vogue is QVGA
The HTC Diamond is VGA

We need a new ddi.dll that supports the following functions: ScreenUpdateByFlip, ScreenUpdateByCopy and GetPrimaryGPE (not necessary).

The HTC Vogue doesn't have any of these functions, the Diamond obviously does, but it runs a VGA screen. Even if the processor is an MSM7500 which I highly doubt, the ddi.dll from the Diamond would not be compatible with the Vogue, because of screen size. I've dug deep enough into this, and I am 100% certain that what I am stating here is without error. With that said, pure Hardware acceleration on the HTC Vogue is most likely never going to be possible, due to the Display Driver.

If any porting is to be done, and loads of modifications through disassembly, it has to be done to the Diamond ddi.dll, and not to the Vogue. The Diamond ddi.dll also calls onto ahi2dati.dll which is the driver for the ATI Imageon hardware, then it calls onto disptools.dll which is a Display Hardware Library, the Diamond wce_rex.dll also needs to be ported to the Vogue, this would be in the XIP, along with MMMAP.dll. These are some of the dlls I can remember off the top of my head, but porting these is useless without the proper ddi.dll. The OpenGL library is also useless without the proper drivers in place, the d3d ati driver, the opengl library and the ati hardware interface driver are all dependent on the proper ddi.dll with the 3 functions mentioned above, with the first two being critical and primary concern.

EDIT: Alltel ROM posted there is from a Diamond that runs MSM7501A chipset.
This is quoted from a guy that knows his sh*t.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Threadstarter

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
This is quoted from a guy that knows his sh*t.
who said this, and the dll can be hacked....they did it with 5 other devices....
Old 06-06-2009, 05:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VOGUE 6.5.3
Carrier: SPRINT

wooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to wooptiewoous

its[quote=Whosdaman;958862]easy whos you been here long enuff to see the posts v9 be my guess . an really only ne i can tihnk of dug as deep n experimented
Old 06-06-2009, 06:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Threadstarter

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Well ive given up on it, tp2 here i come ....when is it coming for sprint again?
Old 06-06-2009, 06:36 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
who said this, and the dll can be hacked....they did it with 5 other devices....
Nfsfan.
He said he he researched it, and in order to do that you have to port like 7-9other dll's to get it to work, but long story short it won't work on our vogues because of the main thing not working or something like that.
I don't know exactly what he said after the post I quoted,
It was a day or so ago.
It's in his thread at xda for his vogue rom..
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development