PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2008, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

Jaxx10 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon - Official WM 6.1 Update

NOOOOOOO he would have me do everything... he COMPUTER/phone/TECHNOLOGY (except for dvr and surfin web) Incompetent ... I would go crazy doing his too and then showing him and rescuing everytime he presses somethin that made phone freeze or act up .. NO WAY !!..lol one addict is enoigh in the household ... lol ...

PLease i even modded my wii .. lol and that was to benefit the whole family and i still got grief ... til this day when i go huntin for games he bugs out .. its a lose lose situation ...
Old 11-21-2008, 04:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

trance2002 is becoming a great contributor

Ok The flash went without a hitch on the replacement phone but I'm still unclear what the setting should be to use Google Maps. Currently under Settings/System/External GPS I have for Programs - GPS Program Port: Com4, Hardware - GPS hardware port : None Baud Rate 4800, Access - Manage GPS Automatically : checked.

In Google Maps I have for GPS Settings "Managed by Windows"

I know I've seen a setting for 911 only versus Location but I can't for the life of me remember where it is.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by trance2002 View Post
Ok The flash went without a hitch on the replacement phone but I'm still unclear what the setting should be to use Google Maps. Currently under Settings/System/External GPS I have for Programs - GPS Program Port: Com4, Hardware - GPS hardware port : None Baud Rate 4800, Access - Manage GPS Automatically : checked.

I know I've seen a setting for 911 only versus Location but I can't for the life of me remember where it is.
Go to your phone and hit MENU/OPTIONS/SERVICES TAB/Location Setting.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Jaxx10 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by trance2002 View Post

Its in Setting - Personal - Phone - Drop down menu
Old 11-21-2008, 05:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Thanks Steve. It looks like Google Maps is a least seeing that I have a GPS but no sats yet. I'm by a window in a high rise so I'll wait to get outside before I decide it's really not working.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Success! Once I was outside I locked up in just a few seconds and that is in Manhattan where there's not a lot of clear sky.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6900, HTC Tilt. HTC 3G, Sprint HTC TP2
Carrier: AT&T

leslie50 is just getting started

I have read through every page of this forum and some twice and feel I have learned some things. Nevertheless, Can anyone believe that I am still unsure about updating my Verizon xv6900 Rom? It seems around Pg 13,14 and 15 that things were coming together nicely and simplistically in regards to Rom update 6.1/GPS but after that things started to splinter. I am still hopeful and will declare my desires and possible/hopeful solution. PLEASE let me know whats what and THANKS for any help ahead of time...

My xv6900 is stock WM 6.0

I want:
WM6.1 [ I have downloaded from here- http://www.phonenews.com ] Verizon 3.14.605.1 Update

I want:
GPS to work with TomTom and Google maps

I think I follow this procedure:
1. Back up my info etc.
2. Install WM 6.1 Rom update.
3. Reactivate phone if necc. *228 Option 1, and * Option 2
4 Install Valhalla cab (I am guessing to the xv6900 My Documents)

The verdict please....(on those pages I mentioned this was supposed to be all that it took). The jury is out on this.....

PS some say stop customization some say don't during rom update-that drives me crazy. How does a tech moron like myself know what to do? and when do you do it? if thats the thing to do

Last edited by leslie50; 11-21-2008 at 11:37 PM. Reason: spacing
Old 11-21-2008, 10:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Jaxx10 is a n00b

UPDATE ......

I installed COke unloader 2.35 and ran Bell ROM 3.08 w/ Radio 3.42.50 && Bell ROM 3.09 w/ RADIO 3.42 AND NOTHIG >> I still DONOT >> DO NOT have 1.37 PRI !!!! i pulling my hair out ... i think im going to DOWNGRADE all the way to .40 UNLOCKER and start from ScRATCH !! just need to find a rom that doenst have GPS and then UNLOCK IT WITH 2.31 to and flash to BELL ROM and see if that works ... wish me luck ... ALL THIS HAPPENED Because I LET BELL ROM customizations RUN !! geez ,,,
Old 11-22-2008, 12:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Jaxx10 is a n00b

Steve, read ur email / pm ... I downgraded ... finally and no matter what rom i flash ..i do NOT get 1.37 PRI .... i dont know .... anymore
Old 11-22-2008, 02:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jdaghir is just getting started

I've been following this thread for a while now and I have read every post. I'm still running the stock rom on my XV6900 and I'm ready to try out the leaked rom. I understand that if I allow the VZW customizations to run they will lock down the GPS and I will have to use the Valhalla GPS Server to allow third-party aps access to the GPS. But if I don't allow them to run then I can use the aGPS fix from XDA-developers to enable the GPS. But what are the other benefits and drawbacks of allowing the customizations to run versus not allowing them to run? Right now I'm leaning toward allowing them to run and using the Valhalla GPS server because I assume this would be a more stable "stock" configuration. Is this correct? Is there other stuff I'm going to miss out on if I allow the customizations to run?

Sorry if this is a noob question - this is all new stuff for me and there is a ton of info to absorb.

Thanks!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development