PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 12:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

sdlucky7 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New vogue test rom

Questions...

1) If it is the "customizations" are what is locking down the GPS, is there a way to find out what customization is the culprit, and create a something that would undo that? (please forgive my ignorance if this is a dumb question)

2) Possibly, related to #1... Would just running through the aGPS fix from xda (using QPST, etc) open up the GPS; or is it necessary to downgrade the radio, then re-flash (not letting the customizations run) as mentioned earlier as a possible solution?

Old 11-12-2008, 12:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab
Carrier: Sprint

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlucky7 View Post
Questions...

1) If it is the "customizations" are what is locking down the GPS, is there a way to find out what customization is the culprit, and create a something that would undo that? (please forgive my ignorance if this is a dumb question)

2) Possibly, related to #1... Would just running through the aGPS fix from xda (using QPST, etc) open up the GPS; or is it necessary to downgrade the radio, then re-flash (not letting the customizations run) as mentioned earlier as a possible solution?
The only thing you can try which I had no luck with is to do a radio refurbish.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:24 AM
VIP Member

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Doing QPST didn't work for me I had to downgrade and then upgrade and then it worked
Old 11-12-2008, 12:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900

sdlucky7 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrumo View Post
The only thing you can try which I had no luck with is to do a radio refurbish.
Quote:
Doing QPST didn't work for me I had to downgrade and then upgrade and then it worked
I'll take your word for it... I've got very little experience messing with PPCs and I'd hate to try something and have it screw up (it's my work phone). I think I'll wait to see when the dust settles from the whirlwind of flashing... Or Verizon releases an official rom... Maybe...
Old 11-12-2008, 04:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6900

vj950 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by esonique View Post
it's working great now.

So if I want to go back to GPS and keep this ROM what are the steps to do this, rom wise. I know the XDA way to enable it and get faster locks.
Someone at PPCHaven was able to get aGPS running with Valhalla gpsserver. Has anyone else tried that? I believe that person also let customization run.

see here:http://ppchaven.com/viewtopic.php?f=...f63cff83b67d98 The 6th post.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:20 PM
VIP Member

To install the GPS adapter, you should grab the program files at the following URL:

http://www.nynaeve.net/Skywing/xv6800gps/gpsserver.zip

Currently, there's no CAB installer, so all of the installation must be done manually. Sorry. A CAB may come later on, if someone feels like doing the work to build one for me.

After extracting the zip onto your device, follow these instructions:

1. Create a "\Program Files\GPSServer" directory on your device.
2. Copy gpssrv.exe, oemgpsOne.dll, and stdgps.dll to "\Program Files\GPSServer".
3. Copy gpsapi.dll into the directory where your GPS program resides. For example, "\Program Files\GoogleMaps".

After that, you should be able to start your GPS program (e.g. Google Maps) and receive location data. Note that being inside in a shielded location may impede the process of acquiring a GPS fix. Also, to gain the benefit of assisted GPS mode, you need to have an active cell data connection, and you should not be connected to ActiveSync
Old 11-12-2008, 05:22 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj950 View Post
Someone at PPCHaven was able to get aGPS running with Valhalla gpsserver. Has anyone else tried that? I believe that person also let customization run.

see here:http://ppchaven.com/viewtopic.php?f=...f63cff83b67d98 The 6th post.
Its worth a try
Old 11-12-2008, 05:38 PM
N00b

Amiroquai is just getting started

Hello ,
I'm new here and on the verge of buying an XV6900 from Verizon.
I'm reading stuff here that seem to contradict so I'd appreciate3 it if anyone could clarify:

If I have the stock rom and I upgrade to the leaked rom without letting the costumizations run (how do I do that? will I have an option during the installation process to not accept costumizations?) and then use the aGPS fix (with the valhalla thing and everything) will my gps then be enabled for usage with 3rd party nav apps?

I have read somewhere along this thread that additional rom flashes need to be done before the leaked version, in order to update the radio to be GPS enabled.
This doesn't make sense to me since the radio on the leaked version must be GPS enabled because the VZ navigator is included in it right?

my ultimate goal is to get the GPS working with 3rd party nav software by using original official verizon roms (leaked or not), I really don't care about anything else (I still want to be able to make calls though.. )

sorry if I misread anything , english isn't my first language and I had too much to drink last night

cheers

Last edited by Amiroquai; 11-12-2008 at 05:41 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:52 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiroquai View Post
Hello ,
I'm new here and on the verge of buying an XV6900 from Verizon.
I'm reading stuff here that seem to contradict so I'd appreciate3 it if anyone could clarify:

If I have the stock rom and I upgrade to the leaked rom without letting the costumizations run (how do I do that? will I have an option during the installation process to not accept costumizations?) and then use the aGPS fix (with the valhalla thing and everything) will my gps then be enabled for usage with 3rd party nav apps?

I have read somewhere along this thread that additional rom flashes need to be done before the leaked version, in order to update the radio to be GPS enabled.
This doesn't make sense to me since the radio on the leaked version must be GPS enabled because the VZ navigator is included in it right?

my ultimate goal is to get the GPS working with 3rd party nav software by using original official verizon roms (leaked or not), I really don't care about anything else (I still want to be able to make calls though.. )

sorry if I misread anything , english isn't my first language and I had too much to drink last night

cheers
here are the steps to unlock and upgrade your phone.

http://arianhojat.com/files/phone/vx...ustom_rom.html

Last edited by kyrumo; 11-12-2008 at 05:58 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:12 PM
N00b

Amiroquai is just getting started

Quote:
here are the steps to unlock and upgrade your phone.

http://arianhojat.com/files/phone/vx...ustom_rom.html
I understand the procedure , so I get it there's no way around getting the GPS to work without flashing non-Verizon roms?
So after completing the steps in the tutorial, do I just flash the leaked Verizon rom to get the Verizon ID back on it (while skipping the costumization of it of course) and running the aGPS fix?

Is that a proven recipe to get the GPS to work with 3rd party nav apps while running on an official Verizon rom?

Thanks in advance
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development