PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Hero
Carrier: Boost, Sprint, Cricket

anderd is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: UPDATE-11/03/2008 Dette 2D v2.3 Diamond Edition

Great ROM so far, only a few problems, i will try and work them out before posting them here but Looks great, runs pretty smoothly too Good work

David
Old 11-04-2008, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

hexto is keeping up the good workhexto is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dette View Post
Thanks The only issue you pointed out about the photo tab is an easy fix.. Just open up Album and Click "Albums" which is the left softkey and choose "All" and then all your photos will show up and when you exit Album they will all be on the photo tab!

And willmatic thanks! I am glad you like it!
Thanks. Tried the pulling up all the pix in the album but still nothing. Not a big deal though. My date on the Home Tab is set to day/month/year instead of Month/Day/year and can't figure out how to change it. and the time when locked is a bit too far left so it cuts off a little. Also, is there a game pack of some sort that I can download? I'm coming from another ROM that one had a lot and lots of games and kind of became used to having them. Not a big deal if I can I'd like to.

Please don't think I'm complaining. By far this is the absolute best M2D ROM out there and I can live with the minor issues (if you can even call them issues) I mentioned above.

This ROM has tweeks that make it work perfect when making calls, browsing, navigating, texting, etc and no other M2D ROM can say that. Again, I thank you.

Always thank those who have helped you
Old 11-04-2008, 01:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero!!!
Carrier: Sprint

mconig78 is becoming a great contributor

just flashed v2.3 and so far so good. do you have a clean version of v2.3? I like alot of the programs you installed but most i dont think i use much.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch (Vogue)
Carrier: T-Mobile

sarumont is a n00b

Thanks, dette. This rom rocks. It looks like the issue I was having with DirectPush on Vet's 2.4.5 isn't here. Did you find a fix for that? Maybe that was an issue that was fixed in the newest dcd...

I'd also be interested in a "clean" version. I'm not a fan of the battery meter at the top of the screen.

Also, is there any way to make Opera stay open when you hit the 'x'? Or to minimize it? It's a PITA to have to wait for Opera to open every time and not be able to multitask with web browsing...

Thanks, again!
Old 11-04-2008, 03:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

hexto is keeping up the good workhexto is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarumont View Post
Thanks, dette. This rom rocks. It looks like the issue I was having with DirectPush on Vet's 2.4.5 isn't here. Did you find a fix for that? Maybe that was an issue that was fixed in the newest dcd...

I'd also be interested in a "clean" version. I'm not a fan of the battery meter at the top of the screen.

Also, is there any way to make Opera stay open when you hit the 'x'? Or to minimize it? It's a PITA to have to wait for Opera to open every time and not be able to multitask with web browsing...

Thanks, again!
If you tap the upper right hand of the screen to see your task manager and click on settings (wrench) then go to the buttons tab on the bottome you can change what the x button does. For example you can have it minimize when tapped like you would like to have for Opera and close if you press and hold x. Hope this helps=D>
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch (Vogue)
Carrier: T-Mobile

sarumont is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexto View Post
If you tap the upper right hand of the screen to see your task manager and click on settings (wrench) then go to the buttons tab on the bottome you can change what the x button does. For example you can have it minimize when tapped like you would like to have for Opera and close if you press and hold x. Hope this helps=D>
That didn't work. I set it to hold and close - nothing. Then, I disabled the option entirely, and it still closed opera.

Another note: I've also determined that the MS DirectPush bug is still here. For those not familiar with it, ActiveSync shows it's connected to the server, but it doesn't actually update. It worked for a while then stopped (just like when I used Vet's 2.4.5).

Unfortunately, that means I'll have to flash back to a different ROM. Hopefully someone can figure that bug out soon.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D, HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Sprint/Verizon

tornadog is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarumont View Post
That didn't work. I set it to hold and close - nothing. Then, I disabled the option entirely, and it still closed opera.

Another note: I've also determined that the MS DirectPush bug is still here. For those not familiar with it, ActiveSync shows it's connected to the server, but it doesn't actually update. It worked for a while then stopped (just like when I used Vet's 2.4.5).

Unfortunately, that means I'll have to flash back to a different ROM. Hopefully someone can figure that bug out soon.
I got the same bug with 2.2 and had to change to OMJ's rom to get it fixed. I need that feature as this is my work phone!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 04:16 PM
tripleacs

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Just trying this ROM. Its mostly fantastic. Ive just got one issue, thats a showstopper for me.

The network/data/EVDO connection keeps dropping out after about 5 minutes, instead of going dormant.

This causes ActiveSync/Direct Push to fail in the long run (it syncs fine while data is active).

Its also an irritant, as I have to wait for the device to dial out each time I run IE or opera or do a weather update.

Is this a feature? Is there a fix/registry hack?

Thanks!
Old 11-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone, HTC Touch
Carrier: AT&T - Formerly Sprint
Threadstarter

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to dette

edit: Took Out What I Posted.. I Will Reply To All Of You Guys Soon Right Now I Just Got Home From Work And Have To Leave Again Real Fast! Dont Think Iv Forgotten About All Of Your Posts.. Just Been Busy

MY WEBSITE!
ProTek!

HTC Touch/Vogue
Radio: 3.42.30 - Vogue
HTC Touch ROM: Dette 2D v2.4 Diamond Edition Beta 1
IF SOMEONE HELPED YOU PLEASE PRESS THE BUTTON!
PM Me if you need help! I will give it to the best of my ability!

Last edited by dette; 11-04-2008 at 05:28 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

Rychefan is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to Rychefan
Talking Re: UPDATE-11/03/2008 Dette 2D v2.3 Diamond Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleacs View Post
Just trying this ROM. Its mostly fantastic. Ive just got one issue, thats a showstopper for me.

The network/data/EVDO connection keeps dropping out after about 5 minutes, instead of going dormant.

This causes ActiveSync/Direct Push to fail in the long run (it syncs fine while data is active).

Its also an irritant, as I have to wait for the device to dial out each time I run IE or opera or do a weather update.

Is this a feature? Is there a fix/registry hack?

Thanks!
Dette, I am having the same issue as tripleacs above, and I have a Real Showstopper of an issue I thought was fixed in Version 2.3. I cannot answer any of my incoming calls whatsoever, but have no problems calling out. I have Sprint, and downloaded the latest DCD carrier cab per instructed, but still no dice. Am I missing a setting somewhere? Other than those 2 major issues, this is the Best M2D ROM I have used to date, but I need to answer incoming calls and receive e-mail...Any Idea's?? I suspect it could be the dialer. Is that the GSM version of the Diamond Dialer? I thought I read somewhere that the GSM dialer doesn't like the CDMA version's of the Vougue? Did I read that wrong?

Last edited by Rychefan; 11-04-2008 at 07:02 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development