PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch_Pro
Carrier: Sprint

hdkilner is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to hdkilner
Re: UPDATE-11/03/2008 Dette 2D v2.3 Diamond Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
On your device check in the directory: \Windows\AppButtons

Is there anything there? This is where windows keeps those shortcuts. You could copy the links from \Windows\Start Menu\Programs to get what you want...
yes Im looking at it now the list say
Calendar
camera
contacts
internet Explorer
messaging
record
tasks

not sure If I understand what you meant about copying or if I need to if those are all present.??

Old 11-05-2008, 12:15 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

If they weren't in \windows\appbuttons, you could copy them from your start menu. That's all I would suggest...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch_Pro

hdkilner is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to hdkilner

Thanks RSTOYGUY hey maybe someone can help with this one I cant seem to find my network preference in this rom where you have the home or roaming option anyone know where it is ???
Old 11-05-2008, 01:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Alltel w/Sprint phone

njkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Dette, one thing I have noticed is my text messaging not working correctly. When I send a message the person on the other end is getting 3 or 4 of them. I had this same issue with the other versions of your rom. Just curious if anyone else is experiencing this.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

htownrep23 is a n00b

does anybody have a mirror to version 2.3? everytime i download the file, winrar won't let me extract it, but i've never had this problem before... what gives??
Old 11-05-2008, 02:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero on Cricket
Carrier: Cricket

sillyputtyddd is a n00b

Dette 2D v2.3 Diamond Edition is great!! I love it. One question, would it be possible to get a "clean" version of this ROM? I would love it if possible.

thanks for all your hard work!!
Old 11-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone, HTC Touch
Carrier: AT&T - Formerly Sprint
Threadstarter

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to dette

Quote:
Originally Posted by skajaqueda View Post
I am not sure if I should be asking this here or not, but I am a new to all of this stuff. I think your roms are great. I got my VX6900 last week, unlocked it this weekend, and you v2.2 was the first rom I flashed to. I flashed to your v2.3 yesterday. Here is my problem:

I cannot get the gps to connect to any satellites using Google Maps or LiveSearch. Google Maps will go to an error screen stating "Your GPS receiver is having trouble tracking GPS satellites. Etc..." Two of my co-workers have unlocked phones (one VX6900 and one Sprint Touch) and both are able to get 5 satellites by the window near my desk. I originally flashed it with a 3.37 radio and could not get a satellite lock at my home and work, then I flashed it to the Bell 3.42.50 radio yesterday with the same result. Everything else works flawlessly (call send/receive, data send/receive, etc...). Is there something that I am missing, or did not do correctly?

I tried using the search feature, but "gps" is too short of a word.

Thanks.
I have never.. Not one had my 6900 give me an error that it found no satellites... I have had it where it wont fine any and just sit there but I dont think I have ever had an error.. Maybe someone else can answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doylecm
Has anyone had an issue with being able to run the IOTA from the Sprint carrier cab? Up until dcd's last carrier cab update, it would add a services menu under Start/Settings/Personal/Phone. Now it doesn't show up. I have tried hard resetting several times as well as reloading the carrier cab first with tierautoinstall, then skipping it and loading it after tierautoinstall. Nothing seems to be working. I even tried d/ling UpdateProfile.exe and that didn't work. Anyone else having this problem?
May I ask why you need to run it? I have never found a need

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarumont
I forgot to mention that, after trying it some more, I was unable to reliably answer calls with the Opal dialer on your 2.3 or a ROM cooked with Vet's 2.4.5 kitchen. When it did answer a call, it took a good 5 seconds after sliding to Answer or hitting the hard button.
I am not having this issue anymore ... =\ hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdkilner
hey can someone help me out here I go to settings/personal/buttons and it shows some random stuff but the jist is there are no button associations I try to go to the other tabs and it wont let me I get a message that i have to set the buttons but the problem is I try and try and it wont let me change anything..I appreciate any help.
Only use the FIRST TO option in the button settings.. the first button and the "press and hold" button.. The other 2 leave alone.. Or set them both to something random so you can exit

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdkilner
Thanks RSTOYGUY hey maybe someone can help with this one I cant seem to find my network preference in this rom where you have the home or roaming option anyone know where it is ???
To be completely honest with you I am not sure why they are not in Settings>Personal>Phone.. I really dont know..

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkid32
Dette, one thing I have noticed is my text messaging not working correctly. When I send a message the person on the other end is getting 3 or 4 of them. I had this same issue with the other versions of your rom. Just curious if anyone else is experiencing this.
I have no had this as far as I know of.. Lets see of other people have.. It might just be something with your network at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputtyddd
Dette 2D v2.3 Diamond Edition is great!! I love it. One question, would it be possible to get a "clean" version of this ROM? I would love it if possible.

thanks for all your hard work!!
I am thinking about making a clean version.

MY WEBSITE!
ProTek!

HTC Touch/Vogue
Radio: 3.42.30 - Vogue
HTC Touch ROM: Dette 2D v2.4 Diamond Edition Beta 1
IF SOMEONE HELPED YOU PLEASE PRESS THE BUTTON!
PM Me if you need help! I will give it to the best of my ability!
Old 11-05-2008, 03:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Vogue)
Carrier: Verizon

deadparrot is a n00b

I am unable to answer calls as well. Sometimes the hard buttons work, but the on screen buttons never do. I'd say I can't answer a call 95% of the time.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadparrot View Post
I am unable to answer calls as well. Sometimes the hard buttons work, but the on screen buttons never do. I'd say I can't answer a call 95% of the time.
Did you install the DCD Cab?
Old 11-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarumont View Post
Thanks, dette. This rom rocks. It looks like the issue I was having with DirectPush on Vet's 2.4.5 isn't here. Did you find a fix for that? Maybe that was an issue that was fixed in the newest dcd...

I'd also be interested in a "clean" version. I'm not a fan of the battery meter at the top of the screen.

Also, is there any way to make Opera stay open when you hit the 'x'? Or to minimize it? It's a PITA to have to wait for Opera to open every time and not be able to multitask with web browsing...

Thanks, again!
Ok.. I was browsing previous posts.. I think I should reply to this...

First.. I will definitely look at MS DirectPush.. I dont use it so its hard to trouble shoot it but Ill see what I can do.

As for Opera.. Make it an exception in the Task Manager and in QuickMenu and it wont close
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development