PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2008, 01:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy S2 Skyrocket!!
Carrier: AT&T

hotbyz168 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Vogue GPS 3.02 Kitchen (w/ NEW Sprint Leaked ROM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post
I'm updating my kitchen right now.
I would like to try the new radio. I'm current on the 3.37.10 radio, and it works fine, but I wouldn't mind seeing an improvement. This rom has 3.37.15 right?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
To upgrade the radio, I have to;
Download and the leaked rom from here - http://ppckitchen.org/misc/V3.02.rar
Go into bootloader (of course this assumes I'm on 2.31 bootloader)
Run the EXE from the rom.
That will update the radio as well as everything else.
Then I can use the kitchen to create my own stuff, but the radio will still be the latest version.
Yes correct... very simple
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ret2961 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
What did you flash? The leaked ROM or a kitchen made ROM? The leaked rom, as already noted, has flaws. Use the kitchen, which has many problems resolved.
Please don't get mad, I am a bit of an idiot (but I'm trying). The one from the first post is the "official"? The "better" one is from the web page and is called "Vogue WM6.1"? Sorry...
Old 05-09-2008, 01:59 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ret2961 View Post
Please don't get mad, I am a bit of an idiot (but I'm trying). The one from the first post is the "official"? The "better" one is from the web page and is called "Vogue WM6.1"? Sorry...
The ROM is available from the first post, at the top.

The kitchen is available as a manual download from the first post, at the bottom. It's also available from the ppckitchen.org web page, and from the kitchen updater (you have to install the ppckitchen.org buildos.msi to get the updater).
Old 05-09-2008, 02:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Wait do you need the 2.31 unlocker to actually run the leaked update?
Old 05-09-2008, 02:00 PM
ghc
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul/Touch/Q9C/Diamond!!! - depends on my mood!

ghc is a n00b

Quote:
Hey - I am right there with ya! You just beat me to the question! I am also a little confused as to how to obtain the 'good' version of the ROM...thanks in advance!!!
Old 05-09-2008, 02:05 PM
Almost a VIP

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Quote:
The official one is just what sprint/htc made. Hence it has some bugs since it's a test rom. The second web page is the kitchen to build a custom one, but yes the second one has fixes in it that make it "better" but you have to build a rom with that second leak.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:07 PM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatom3 View Post
Wait do you need the 2.31 unlocker to actually run the leaked update?
No. You can flash the update (ROM) without the unlocker. I always recommend flashing the unlocker, however, as it will protect you from certain problems. You will need to unlock to flash anything from the kitchen, of course.

Last edited by gguruusa; 05-09-2008 at 02:13 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:08 PM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghc View Post
Hey - I am right there with ya! You just beat me to the question! I am also a little confused as to how to obtain the 'good' version of the ROM...thanks in advance!!!
There isn't a "good" version of the ROM. But you can be the first to make one! (use the kitchen..it's easy) Post your selections.txt if you do, please.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
No. You can flash the update (ROM) without the unlocker. I always recommend flashing the unlocker, however, as it will protect you from certain problems. You will need to unlock to flash anything from the kitchen, of course.
Yeah I was thinking for a friend that isn't great at flashing roms he could just run this update. But now I realized that I'm just going to make a custom rom for myself so I'll make sure it's good for him too and just upgrade his phone to that and make sure the unlocker is on there.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:21 PM
ghc
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul/Touch/Q9C/Diamond!!! - depends on my mood!

ghc is a n00b

Yeah, I am thinking this might be my 1st kitchen attempt!!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development