PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2008, 12:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

justinrp97 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Unbricking Vogue / and downgrading SPL

Did anyone figure out how to get the power button to work again? Every time the screen shuts off, or I turn it off with the top power button I am unable to get it back on unless I do a soft reset.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:14 PM
OJM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch (HTC Vogue)

OJM is a n00b

I am trying to unbrick my Vogue and ask that folks bear with me and read through this post to see if they have any ideas on how to unbrick. First things first, as I understand it (based on a CoKeman post)the following is true:

Radios:
1.xx radios/non-GPS work with 0.40 SPL only
3.xx radios/GPS work with 2.31 only

Based on the above, I thnk I now understand why I have bricked my phone. I believe that I may have mistakenly loaded SPL 2.31 BEFORE upgrading my radio to 3.xx. I then flashed the new 3.05 ROM (w/ GPS). My device is now inoperable. It gets stuck at the HTC splash screen when I reboot OR, if I enter bootloader mode (take out battery, put battery back in, hold camera + power) I get the red/green/blue/white stripes and it reads "VOGU100 MFG, SPL-2.31.CoKe, CPLD-3".

I have tried the unbricking process and but every Sprint original signed ROM I download won't work (i.e., I get an RUU Error message telling me that the file is corrupted - this happens with every link I have tried). Any thoughts on how to unbrick? I appreciate all suggestions.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900

toniojonesw is a n00b

ok.....im really slow lol i have not been able to umbrick my phone. I have the xv6900 from verizon wireless and I have downloaded the Voguimg.nbg file and it steel seems to not work. Plz can anyone help?
Old 05-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Lurker

toniojonesw is a n00b

I had the same prob. I did the gps rev a and afterwards when the power or the back light would go out i couldnt get it back on with out taking out the battery. So this is what i did I started the gps rev a. process all over. When it says it will take about 10 to 15 mins for the installation it really does if it just goes right through then it did not instal right. So try reinstalling and c wat u get and good luck
Old 05-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Lurker

toniojonesw is a n00b

ok im having a major prob withe xv6900 vzw phone lol i have followed all the steps correctly. It loads the os or should i say updates the os but when its finished the phone will not boot up all the way. It stays at the htc smart mobility screen. I dont know wat im doing wrong. Im thinking that maybe the vzw VOGUIMG.NBH file is wrong. I have did the process so many times and still same results. Can some one plz tell me wat im doing wrong
Old 05-14-2008, 05:08 PM
Lurker

smkstang1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJM View Post
I am trying to unbrick my Vogue and ask that folks bear with me and read through this post to see if they have any ideas on how to unbrick. First things first, as I understand it (based on a CoKeman post)the following is true:

Radios:
1.xx radios/non-GPS work with 0.40 SPL only
3.xx radios/GPS work with 2.31 only

Based on the above, I thnk I now understand why I have bricked my phone. I believe that I may have mistakenly loaded SPL 2.31 BEFORE upgrading my radio to 3.xx. I then flashed the new 3.05 ROM (w/ GPS). My device is now inoperable. It gets stuck at the HTC splash screen when I reboot OR, if I enter bootloader mode (take out battery, put battery back in, hold camera + power) I get the red/green/blue/white stripes and it reads "VOGU100 MFG, SPL-2.31.CoKe, CPLD-3".

I have tried the unbricking process and but every Sprint original signed ROM I download won't work (i.e., I get an RUU Error message telling me that the file is corrupted - this happens with every link I have tried). Any thoughts on how to unbrick? I appreciate all suggestions.
Ok this may apply to a few of you... (I did exactly the same thing)

If you have the old radio and you tried to upgrade to the new ROM and you unlocked with the 2.31, this may get you phone back in action:

Just make sure you did it like I did (you took your phone, which was bone stock and unlocked it with unlock 2.31 and then tried upgrading).

Do the Power + Camera + Soft

follow this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24925

start from step 4 because you already have the 2.31 SPL

Now I know some of you have had errors when you tried downloading the ROMS here... It seems there may be something wrong with the ftp so use a program such as FileZilla (its free) and navigate to it manually. (I dont think you need to download anything other than from the thread above)

After you get it going... Do the Power + Camera +Soft and load OMJ software or other.

That is what has worked for me when I was stuck in the same situation.

Best regards and good luck,
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

bouncer316 is a n00b

Thanks this worked for me.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:21 PM
N00b

medicguy911 is just getting started

how do i get the orignal rom back
Old 05-17-2008, 12:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch

twiztedwon is a n00b

Hey i need help with my HTC touch from sprint i tried using one of the roms and now when i reboot or hard boot its stuck on the "HTC SMART MOBILITY" screen and thats it i can't move any further. Sa how would i load anything on the memory card when my pc doesn't recognize the device since it wont boot any further past the smart mobility screen. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by twiztedwon; 05-17-2008 at 12:38 PM.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vogue

digitaldissent is a n00b

Try reading the very first post, worked well for me...

1. Go out and get a memory card reader that hooks up to USB on your PC
2. Pop in your microsd card that came with the phone, save any data on it to your PC, then format it FAT32
3. Copy the file VOGUIMG.NBH to the root of the card, then put it back in your phone
4. Press power and camera at the same time while pushing the reset button with your stylus
5. Your phone should begin to load the image file, follow directions onscreen, when done reset
6. With any luck you should be back up and running

Files--> htc.killrobot.com

*Image included here is (I think) from ghettofreeryder vista 700
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development