PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Lurker

smkstang1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Unlockers for Custom Roms on Vogue 2.31(GPS) and 0.40(nonGPS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j10376 View Post
sho0Z I first flash the leaked sprint rom to get the new radio before this my touch was factory I did not want to do the altel radio and I am glad I did not with all the issues and bricking going on then I flashed the 2.31 bootloader which you can download from here ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/ImCoKeMaN/Vogue_unlocker_MFG_2.31.exe
or
http://rapidshare.com/files/113951076/Vogue_unlocker_MFG_2.31.exe

connect to activesync with device and run .bat file follow everything on the screen to the T and all will go well.
Here is the thing:

Running the .bat file pulls up the dos prompt that walks me through the steps. Upon initial press any key command, it gives me an error of cant load the VDM IPX/SPX support... than it opens up the UI program...

When it writes to the phone, the status bar completes from 0% to 100% in 1 second... I know that something is not quite right here...

The funny thing is that when I do the Power + Camera + Soft reset, it shows me an SPL of 2.31... The first time I believed it and I flashed a cooked ROM to the phone and it bricked it.

I loaded the proper RUU on the phone and loaded it to the card and bootloaded it on the phone with errors for some reason... I was able to load a Shipped full version of the software of the SPrint Software back on the phone, however, the SPL still says it is at 2.31.

I dont know what the problem is here but it seems that on the surface the SPL is spoofed to 2.31 but in reality it is still the original one. I think that it has something to do with the original dos promt error code of cant load VDM IPX/SPX support...

I hope someone who is a little more knowledgeable than me can chime in and give their input on this issue...

Just realized that once my phone enters the power save mode it will not come back... have to soft reset to get it back on...

Best regards,
Old 05-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You have 2.31 if it showed on the phone your problem is its not compatible with nonGPS roms/radios. You need to flash a shipped 3.xx exe (alltel or sprint) to get the new radio and an OS, then get a new custom GPS rom if desired.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:38 PM
Lurker

smkstang1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN View Post
You have 2.31 if it showed on the phone your problem is its not compatible with nonGPS roms/radios. You need to flash a shipped 3.xx exe (alltel or sprint) to get the new radio and an OS, then get a new custom GPS rom if desired.
that is exactly what the problem was... works flawlessly now. thanks a bunch

Best regards,
Old 05-16-2008, 11:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

kabal is a n00b

Not sure if it's been mentioned or not, but this IS NOT Vista 64-bit compatible. Please make a note if possible in the OP.
Old 05-17-2008, 12:49 PM
Lurker

jmanzie is a n00b

Could someone please help. I'm trying to unlock my sprint touch and having lots of problems. I'm stuck in spl-2.00.coke and cannot get my activesync to connect
Old 05-18-2008, 02:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD (Blackstone)
Carrier: T-Mobile US

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanzie View Post
Could someone please help. I'm trying to unlock my sprint touch and having lots of problems. I'm stuck in spl-2.00.coke and cannot get my activesync to connect
ok just tell us all the steps you went thru.

a safe way to do it might be to just flash back to the original official sprint vogue rom, then try go thru every single step following each one to the t.

Don't forget to donate or say thanks!

Flashing How To for Vogue

Super cheap phones: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39267

HD or iPhone http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44839

Android on Vogue (by dzo): http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23244
Old 05-18-2008, 06:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

tantrum829 is keeping up the good worktantrum829 is keeping up the good work
Stuck at bootloader screen

Ok I tried to flash and screwed up big time. I was flashing my wife's phone to the alltel rom like I did to mine without any problems. I think I used the wrong unlocker and I am stuck at the boot screen (4 Bars) and displays

vogue100 MFG RUUNBH
SPL-2.01.1000
CPLD-3

I tried soft/hard reset and no luck

Am I completly Screwed ?

Thanks
Old 05-18-2008, 08:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

Deutch is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Deutch

Been a while since i updated my rom and I want to make sure I don't brick my touch. I am currently at spl-.40. I read in the upgrade to rev a sticky that it is necessary to flash back to a sprint shipped rom in order to get back to .36 before unlocking with 2.31 and upgrading the radio and using a custom rom. Is this step still necessary?

I am just looking for confirmation before I proceed. I already unlocked to 2.31 but I'm afraid to upgrade the radio if I must go back to .36 first.

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-18-2008, 09:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD (Blackstone)
Carrier: T-Mobile US

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deutch View Post
Been a while since i updated my rom and I want to make sure I don't brick my touch. I am currently at spl-.40. I read in the upgrade to rev a sticky that it is necessary to flash back to a sprint shipped rom in order to get back to .36 before unlocking with 2.31 and upgrading the radio and using a custom rom. Is this step still necessary?

I am just looking for confirmation before I proceed. I already unlocked to 2.31 but I'm afraid to upgrade the radio if I must go back to .36 first.

Thanks in advance!
yes that step is still necessary unfortunately...
Old 05-18-2008, 09:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

Deutch is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Deutch

Perfect, that's all i needed.

I appreciate your time!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development