PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2008, 03:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch

TouchUser is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Unlockers for Custom Roms on Vogue 2.31(GPS) and 0.40(nonGPS)

I must hit every problem on this forum....

I followed the steps twice, (or maybe three times) and still see 2.00.

Now after Power-Camera-Soft Reset, I see 2.31Coke and it stays on the color strips screen. Soft reset again, it boots into Windows Mobile but the screen becomes black, and cannot be turned on.

So many details are missing in the instruction.... Sorry to say...
and I'll try flash the test ROM directly... Hope it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchUser View Post
Help me. I got a problem while following it.

When I see this:
"Your device should now be in 3 color screen showing the Soft bootloader
You must now disconnect and reconnect the device from your PC
"

I did disconnect and reconnect, but ActiveSync doesn't show connected.
What could be wrong here?

Then Rom Upgrade Utility is launched, and I cannot see the current version number. Blindly flash it and it only takes less than 1 minutes to reach 100%. After hard reboot, it's still the factory ROM.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:03 PM
Lurker

TouchUser is a n00b

All right, I loaded the test ROM

3.02.651.2_Radio_435011_3.37.15_AM_NV_SPCS_1.33_08 23

But I don't see additional radio or GPS.....

So my SprintPCS Touch is special....

It's still SPL-2.31.Coke though.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD (Blackstone)
Carrier: T-Mobile US

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff

alright touchuser, i already replied to this in the vogue 3.02 gps kitchen thread, but thought i would put at least part of the reply here for others to see here:

#1- Backup.
#2- Ensure you are currently running your carriers original official oem rom (os and radio) (if you have never flashed it at all then dont worry youre good to go).
#3- Unlock using imcokemans 2.31 unlocker (for gps roms)
#4- run the sprint leaked rom.exe (here, close to the bottom where it says "original rom")
#5- allow all customizations to complete and run (i know - it takes a lil while)
#6- allow reboot, then navigate to \windows and run ppst.exe
#7- allow reboot, then check device information in settings to ensure a ~2.03 pri and ~60612/60610 prl.
#8- flash to desired rom.
#9- after she's all booted up, hard-reset.
#10- download and run cab from here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=139
#11- allow soft-rest.
#12- navigate to \windows folder and run ppst.exe
#13- allow soft reset.
#14- allow boot-up, customize, restore pim info etc...

credit to boggsie

for full reply, visit the afore-mentioned thread.

Don't forget to donate or say thanks!

Flashing How To for Vogue

Super cheap phones: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39267

HD or iPhone http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44839

Android on Vogue (by dzo): http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23244
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxermansr View Post
I'm getting my Touch today, and have a few questions (I searched, but figured I'd ask them all in one post), hopefully someone can answer them for me real fast, if possible.

First - Do I need to use the unlocker to flash the "test sprint rom" (ive read that you need to use the unlocker, period, and Ive also read that you "may not need to if you have sprint").

Second, will the unlocker work in vista (i have 32 bit vista, and 64 bit vista, on two different machines, so knowing which one it may or may not work on will help me so I can have the machine I'll be using ready to go).

Lastly, in regards to re-locking (I know with the mogul you "cant" relock it once you're using a gps radio, or what not), but is there a way to re-lock the touch if needed for warranty work (i know i saw a few posts about it, but was also unclear).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: Ok well I ran it (without a touch connected, since I dont have it yet) and I guess it won't work in 64 bit (unless someone has a way to make it work). If so, please let me know. As far as the other two questions. Maybe someone can help with those.

boxermansr, yes, you need to be unlocked to flash any rom that is not official from a carrier and therefore digitally signed. so all custom roms require unlocking prior to use.

i have read that the unlocker will not work on 64-bit vista. i cant promise how much truth there is to that, but i know a buddy that did it on 32, and since that guy said 64 will not work and you have both...be safe and do the 32.

and yes there is a way to re-lock it. it is described in detail in dharvey4651's great tutorial, one of the subsections. i get the impression it is very risky, but that it can and has been done safely with a lot of care and precision.

any other questions/comments/concerns?

good luck!
Old 05-21-2008, 01:31 PM
Lurker

TouchUser is a n00b
Smile Re: Unlockers for Custom Roms on Vogue 2.31(GPS) and 0.40(nonGPS)

Thank you very much for the sum up. This is indeed what a newbie needs.

So far, seems I am still on the right track (except for losing my contact list, not big deal).

#1- Backup.
#2- Ensure you are currently running your carriers original official oem rom (os and radio) (if you have never flashed it at all then dont worry youre good to go).

Yes I did this and the 2.31.Coke shows up only after Power-Camera-Soft reset. Actually I am not sure if this unlock is must coz somebody mentioned the sprint leaked ROM will unlock it

#4- run the sprint leaked rom.exe (here, close to the bottom where it says "original rom")
#5- allow all customizations to complete and run (i know - it takes a lil while)
#7- allow reboot, then check device information in settings to ensure a ~2.03 pri and ~60612/60610 prl.

I am here currently. PRI is 2.03_003 AND prl IS 60612. So I am all good.

So the OMJ rom is a good start? I'll try it and following steps.

#10- download and run cab from here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=139
#11- allow soft-rest.
#13- allow soft reset.

credit to boggsie

Old 05-21-2008, 01:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

boxermansr is keeping up the good workboxermansr is keeping up the good workboxermansr is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim2561 View Post
boxermansr, yes, you need to be unlocked to flash any rom that is not official from a carrier and therefore digitally signed. so all custom roms require unlocking prior to use.

i have read that the unlocker will not work on 64-bit vista. i cant promise how much truth there is to that, but i know a buddy that did it on 32, and since that guy said 64 will not work and you have both...be safe and do the 32.

and yes there is a way to re-lock it. it is described in detail in dharvey4651's great tutorial, one of the subsections. i get the impression it is very risky, but that it can and has been done safely with a lot of care and precision.

any other questions/comments/concerns?

good luck!
I was able to run the unlocker with Vista 64. It did keep telling me that SLEEP4.exe was not supported by vista 64, but it did end up working in the end.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:26 PM
Lurker

TouchUser is a n00b

So far, seems I am still on the right track (except for losing my contact list, not big deal).

#1- Backup.

Yes I did this and the 2.31.Coke shows up only after Power-Camera-Soft reset. Actually I am not sure if this unlock is must coz somebody mentioned the sprint leaked ROM will unlock it

Update: OMJ rom works pretty for me. I have not installed PPST.exe and GPS works... well. I didn't count how long it locks the satellites.
Maybe OMJ should include PPST in his ROM.

Love it now.

#11- allow soft-rest.
#13- allow soft reset.

credit to boggsie

Old 05-21-2008, 04:02 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Yeah the sleep4.exe only works on 32 bit, i could do a 64bit version, but that wouldn't work on xp or 32 bit vista. Since it's just making you wait while files copy the popup sort of accomplishes the same thing though. It doesn't seem worth it to ruin it for all the 32 bit people and i don't think i want to maintain 2 versions at this point. that may change when i get my next computer though =P
Old 05-21-2008, 04:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch

rexdale_tiger is a n00b

wat do i do if i have a bell HTC touch?? can sum1 plz helpp me
Old 05-22-2008, 03:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxermansr View Post
I was able to run the unlocker with Vista 64. It did keep telling me that SLEEP4.exe was not supported by vista 64, but it did end up working in the end.
hmmm ok then ill keep that in mind and be sure to tell others, thanks. glad you got things working!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchUser View Post

#1- Backup.

Update: OMJ rom works pretty for me. I have not installed PPST.exe and GPS works... well. I didn't count how long it locks the satellites.
Maybe OMJ should include PPST in his ROM.

Love it now.

#11- allow soft-rest.
#13- allow soft reset.

credit to boggsie

great! glad you could get things to work out good for you

i have also experienced that i sometimes do not need to install ppst.exe as well for satellite quality, although after i do it always works great...strange...

though i can say that i think it fixes a lot of the sleep issues, because i didnt have it installed on my latest go-round, and gps worked great ...until i let it sleep/turned the screen off. then i had to reset everytime it happened till i installed the ppst cab and exe...

well glad everyone got everything working!

EDIT: and btw touchuser the only time that you are ever supposed to see what the bootloader version (coke 2.31) is is in the bootloader, that is completely normal no worries there.

Last edited by jim2561; 05-22-2008 at 03:33 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development