PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2010, 09:30 AM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Unlockers for Custom Roms on Vogue 2.31(GPS) and 0.40(nonGPS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlow View Post
I am trying to install android on my HTC touch (MP6900) found here:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/and...i/HowToInstall

To install andriod, I needed to unlock the phone. My carrier is bell mobile and when I originally started I had the 0.36 SPL. I easily unlocked it using the 0.41 Coke.

However, to install andiod, it said I needed the 3.37.xx or better radio. My phone had a really old version 1.x something. I went to http://www.htc.com/us/support/touch-bell/downloads/ and download and tried to install which would have givin me 3.42 radio.

The install started fine, however got a Command Error (at 11%) and Communication Error (31%). I tried the recover procedure several times but always dies at 11 or 31 percent.

Now my phone is always stuck at the bootloader (0.41 coke).

Anyone have any idea how I can recover?
Flash Back to your bell Stock.
Run the Unlocker 2.31 Version.
Then Flash to a custom WM ROM, just to make sure everything is working correctly.
Then you should be good to flash to andiod.

Happy Flashing!
Old 04-23-2010, 11:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell Mobile

lowlow is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmiller1708 View Post
Flash Back to your bell Stock.
Run the Unlocker 2.31 Version.
Then Flash to a custom WM ROM, just to make sure everything is working correctly.
Then you should be good to flash to andiod.

Happy Flashing!
Worked like a charm. Thanks for the quick response.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

overtheair is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtheair View Post
I ran this unlocker on a Vogue (Sprint) and assumed I had sucessfully unlocked it, although I didn't check to verify the bootloader screen showed 2.31 after running it.

Next I tried to install Android to NAND using the RUU but kept getting the 262 Update Error. I then tried running bootloader and installing Android directly from the androidinstall.tar file on the SD card. That also seemed to go nowhere, so I called it a day. But the next day, after powering on the phone and setting it aside for a few minutes, I returned to find it had booted into Android and everything on it was working.

I now want to flash back to Windows Mobile but am getting the 262 error again when using the RUU. When trying to flash directly from a Windows Mobile NBH file on the SD card, the bootloader screen goes immediately to "Initializing ...", but just hangs there forever.

The bootlader screen shows SPL-2.01.0000, which I assume means it's not unlocked, right? But if this Vogue is not unlocked, how was I able to install Android on it? Is there a way to get Windows Mobile back onto this phone, or is it now flashed to Android forever? I've tried running the Unlocker again, but it requires an Active Sync connection, which I can't establish with Android. Thanks for any suggestions.
Bump ...

Anybody have any idea how I was able to install Android 1.6 to NAND if this device was not unlocked ... and more importantly, if there is anyway I can flash back to a Windows Mobile ROM?
Old 04-23-2010, 07:55 PM
Flashaholic!

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtheair View Post
Bump ...

Anybody have any idea how I was able to install Android 1.6 to NAND if this device was not unlocked ... and more importantly, if there is anyway I can flash back to a Windows Mobile ROM?
Have you tried Flashing back to stock?
You can do that from bootloader mode.

It almost Seems that you are stuck in the middle of the unlock process...
so Flashing back to stock might fix this issues. Then you will have to Run the unlocker again and follow the steps to a T!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:04 PM
N00b

Quote:
Well, I did try running the RUU with the Sprint stock ROM (i.e. phone connected to PC via cable), but kept getting a 262 Update Error. I assumed it was because I can't establish an Active Sync connection with the PC, given that Android is installed to NAND on the phone.

Next I tried flashing from bootloader mode with the NBH from your 6.5 ROM on my microSD (and renamed to VOGUIMG.NBH). It went immediately from the bootloader screen to the screen with "Initializing ..." where it just hangs indefinitely without further action. (BTW, thanks for the great ROM. I have it running on another Sprint Touch - which I did manage to unlock, after figuring out where I erred in trying to unlock this one.)

Quote:
It almost Seems that you are stuck in the middle of the unlock process...
so Flashing back to stock might fix this issues. Then you will have to Run the unlocker again and follow the steps to a T!
Two questions: First, the stock Sprint ROM is an EXE file, so where/how do I get a stock NBH file to put on the SD card? Second, I don't understand how I was able to install Android to NAND if this device is still locked. Is that even possible?

Thanks!

Last edited by overtheair; 04-23-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:48 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

You should be able to flash the shipped exe rom regardless. Put your device in bootloader and it should say serial until you connect the usb and it will change and say usb and then flash the shipped rom. If that does not work then I suggest you try a different pc to flash with preferably a 32bit system. You may have a bad cable as well.

When you put your device in bootloader, what does it say on the screen. You can tell if you are unlocked by the spl. If it says 2.31 or .41 then it is unlocked.

You can also flash the shipped rom from storage by placing the shipped exe file in the root directory of a 2MB or less fat32 formatted sd card and renaming the exe to VOGUIMG.NBH and flash from bootloader regardless if you are unlocked or not.

Last edited by horndoctor; 04-24-2010 at 02:55 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:58 PM
N00b

Quote:
Thanks, you got me started on the right track ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
You can also flash the shipped rom from storage by placing the shipped exe file in the root directory of a 2MB or less fat32 formatted sd card and renaming the exe to VOGUIMG.NBH and flash from bootloader regardless if you are unlocked or not.
Thanks, that was almost the last piece of info I needed. However it won't work if you just rename the shipped exe file, or at least it wouldn't for me. The bootloader can't process the file. It changes to "Loading...", but just reverts to the bootloader screen after a few seconds.

One more step is needed. Here's what worked (thanks to Google, and instructions posted on SprintUsers by PDX77). Open the Sprint shipped exe file in WinRAR. Extract the file \2.nbh to the storage card and rename it VOGUIMG.NBH. Reinsert the card, enter bootloader, and you're flashing back to stock ... even if the device is still locked, as mine was.

Thanks to both of you for helping me out of the maze! I really like running Android on the Vogue - Google Navigation alone makes it worth the effort. But I decided to run it from SD so I can get reliable Internet Sharing in Windows (there were problems in Android with both PDANet and EasyTether) and a decent camera (it sucks in Android, anybody know of a fix?).
Old 04-28-2010, 10:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell

ghaasemi is a n00b

I am trying to unlock my htc touch. First i get "cannot load VDM IPX/SPX support". Then when running RUU, it goes from 0 to 100% in seconds and the ROM does not get installed. Anybody can help?

Thanks
Old 04-28-2010, 10:35 AM
Flashaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghaasemi View Post
I am trying to unlock my htc touch. First i get "cannot load VDM IPX/SPX support". Then when running RUU, it goes from 0 to 100% in seconds and the ROM does not get installed. Anybody can help?

Thanks
Are you following the Unlocker steps closely?
Please explain more...
Old 05-03-2010, 10:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

ioanetwork is a n00b

When I run the unlocker everything goes well until the RUU starts. This is when my USB connection is lost and therefore the whole process stop.

So right now my touch has the spl 2.01.0000 but not the full coke 2.31.

I tried to run the RUU stand alone buy my usb ports losses the connection.
Tried in a windows vista and a in a win xp virtual machine with the same problems.

Even when I tried to put the touch in boot-load mode and I plugging the usb cable the message 'Serial' changes to 'USB' but still cant run the RUU.. Communication errors.
Please help
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development