PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 03:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: USCC
Threadstarter

murducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Guide] USCC TP to EnergyROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak408 View Post
Yes I am using this radio right now. I have also used the Sprint V1.11.00 before also with good results. I may go back to the sprint radio.
what area are you in, what was your results? Better battery life, better ?

Thanks
Old 10-29-2009, 09:42 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Murducky...I linked this up in a new section of my thread for USCC NRG ROM users. Thanks again for another great resource!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

murducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Murducky...I linked this up in a new section of my thread for USCC NRG ROM users. Thanks again for another great resource!
WOOT! thanks man ! Glad I can help !
Old 10-29-2009, 10:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

dak408 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by murducky View Post
what area are you in, what was your results? Better battery life, better ?

Thanks
I am in SW lower MI and my bat life sucks with both radios.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sreister is a n00b

Hi, first of all thanks for the walkthrough, I had already done the whole EnergyROM setup, but never got GPS to work, and MMS as well. Which brings me to why I am posting..

I got my GPS to work. Ithen followed your MMS setup instructions but on the last step, running the Arcsoft MMS ua.reg file, I'm getting an error basically saying it cannot run because there is no application associated with it, and to run the app first and then open the file using the app..any ideas? Thanks.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreister View Post
Hi, first of all thanks for the walkthrough, I had already done the whole EnergyROM setup, but never got GPS to work, and MMS as well. Which brings me to why I am posting..

I got my GPS to work. Ithen followed your MMS setup instructions but on the last step, running the Arcsoft MMS ua.reg file, I'm getting an error basically saying it cannot run because there is no application associated with it, and to run the app first and then open the file using the app..any ideas? Thanks.

The issue is with the new build of EngeryRom for some reason do not have .reg file associated correctly. I have told NRGZ about it, but it is a small issue so it will get fixed whenever.

You can import the reg file by going to RegEdit. Start > Tools > Tweaks > Regedit > File > Import

soft reset and you should be good to go.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Desire (Stock 2.2) & TP 2 (Energy GTX)
Carrier: US Cellular

money711 is becoming a great contributor

Hello thanks for this walk through as I normally would just go to another ROM if i seen they did not have arcsoft already installed. I would just put in the http address and change connect to and i would be good to go.

But my question is I really want to use the EnergyROm and with this information you gave I thought everything would be smoove sailing but I was wrong i followed every step down to the T I even redid the whole process after it didn't work the first time.

I have no clue where I am going wrong here I keep getting the MMS Notification thing and it is becoming very iritating and i think i have tried just about everything I can think of.

I had it working on the November 3 21864 ROM but I wanted to Flash to the November 4 21864 ROM and I can't get MMS back to working at all.

However I can compose a picture message it just will not leave the outbox. I can send SMS find with the Cab removal for HTC Messaging installed.

Sorry for the long post but I am desparate here to get this thing back to working.

Thanks for the Help!!!!
Old 11-05-2009, 01:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by money711 View Post
Hello thanks for this walk through as I normally would just go to another ROM if i seen they did not have arcsoft already installed. I would just put in the http address and change connect to and i would be good to go.

But my question is I really want to use the EnergyROm and with this information you gave I thought everything would be smoove sailing but I was wrong i followed every step down to the T I even redid the whole process after it didn't work the first time.

I have no clue where I am going wrong here I keep getting the MMS Notification thing and it is becoming very iritating and i think i have tried just about everything I can think of.

I had it working on the November 3 21864 ROM but I wanted to Flash to the November 4 21864 ROM and I can't get MMS back to working at all.

However I can compose a picture message it just will not leave the outbox. I can send SMS find with the Cab removal for HTC Messaging installed.

Sorry for the long post but I am desparate here to get this thing back to working.

Thanks for the Help!!!!
I'm about to flash to the nov 4 rev 2, 21864. I'll post my findings here.. I do know that I too have not been able to get MMS working with the 23081 builds.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Desire (Stock 2.2) & TP 2 (Energy GTX)
Carrier: US Cellular

money711 is becoming a great contributor

GREAT NEWS! Got the MMS to work for the November 5 ROM for USCC here's how:

You will need to install the Remove Picture mail cab soft reset and then install the JD Arcsoft Cab and then because i don't use the TFL3D I installed the Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging Cab.

Then go to start/setting/onnections and click connections under the Task tab under Network tap manage existing network then click edit, click next and clear the password and type in your 10 digit cell# then click finish.

Finally go to start/internet/messaging click on menu MMS Options click server Tab click new here is the information that you should type in:

Server name: USCC
Gateway: (Leave blank)
Port number: 80
Server address: http://mmsc2.uscc.net/mmsc/MMS
Connect via: My ISP
Send limit: 500K

Then click Done

Then select USCC as Default and picture messages should be working!!!!!!!

I have not tried this in TFL3D as I would think you will need to not install Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging Cab.

Hope this helps this issue!!!!!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by money711 View Post
GREAT NEWS! Got the MMS to work for the November 5 ROM for USCC here's how:

You will need to install the Remove Picture mail cab soft reset and then install the JD Arcsoft Cab and then because i don't use the TFL3D I installed the Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging Cab.

Then go to start/setting/onnections and click connections under the Task tab under Network tap manage existing network then click edit, click next and clear the password and type in your 10 digit cell# then click finish.

Finally go to start/internet/messaging click on menu MMS Options click server Tab click new here is the information that you should type in:

Server name: USCC
Server address: http://mmsc2.uscc.net/mmsc/MMS

Then click Done

Then select USCC as Default and picture messages should be working!!!!!!!

I have not tried this in TFL3D as I would think you will need to not install Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging Cab.

Hope this helps this issue!!!!!
Awesome work.

Here are my findings.

To Get MMS to work on 21864 with Manilia 2.5. You have to Run the Remove Picture Mail cab. Soft reset. Install JD Arcsoft Cab. Soft Reset. Install Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging Cab (this will remove the new Manilla 2.5 SMS overlay, but you have to, to get MMS to work for USCC). Soft Reset.

You will need to manually create the MMS Server. (I'm looking to find the Reg key now. So far it adds a "&" to the gateway when you try to import the key). DO NOT push the REG Key from POST 1, as its the whole register settings for Arc soft not just the server. I am looking into finding the key that sets the server as your default as well.

SMS / MMS > Options > MMS Options > Servers Tab > New

Server name: USC
Server address: http://mmsc2.uscc.net/mmsc/MMS or http://mmsc1.uscc.net/mmsc/MMS (both work)

Then click Done.

Set USC as Default. Remove any other severs listed.

Last edited by murducky; 11-06-2009 at 07:12 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro