PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 04:28 AM
Lurker

richardcard82 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How do i relock a hacked sprint htc touch pro ?

I hacked a sprint htc touch pro to work on vzw I was successful but I need to relock it..... I already uploaded a stock sprint ROM but it still shows the verizon logo when starting.... what do i need to do to relock and sell it so someone can activate on sprint again?
Old 01-23-2009, 06:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell
Re: How do i relock a hacked sprint htc touch pro ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardcard82 View Post
I hacked a sprint htc touch pro to work on vzw I was successful but I need to relock it..... I already uploaded a stock sprint ROM but it still shows the verizon logo when starting.... what do i need to do to relock and sell it so someone can activate on sprint again?
The Relocker can be found here,
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:41 AM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Just because the verizon splashscreen shows up, doesn't mean it can't be activated with sprint
Old 01-23-2009, 10:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardcard82 View Post
I already uploaded a stock sprint ROM but it still shows the verizon logo when starting.... what do i need to do to relock and sell it so someone can activate on sprint again?
Make sure you flash with the shipped rom (.exe) not the dumped rom. That usually clears up the odd issues with left over splash screens.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:08 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

richardcard82 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceracer24 View Post
Make sure you flash with the shipped rom (.exe) not the dumped rom. That usually clears up the odd issues with left over splash screens.

you were right! I installed a shipped sprint rom and it doesnt show vzw splash screen! thanks bro! im gonna relock!
Old 08-19-2009, 12:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Pirtle36 is a n00b

I uploaded the shipped sprint stock rom, and wondering is there anything else that I have to do to lock the phone or is it taken care of in the proccess of putting the stock rom back on the phone. I checked to see if the tri-colored screen said security locked by trying to put another stock rom on and it allowed me to. What am I doing wrong? I am selling my phone and need it to be just like I bought it.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo/HTC Wildfire(work phone)
Carrier: Sprint/Bluegrass Cellular

juicy_juice is just getting started

I just relocked my phone (sprint HTC TP) and then updated it with newest software from HTC. When It's installing the update it says Security Unlocked at the top of the screen just like it did when installing custom ROMS? I dont want to return this phone just to be denied due to this...how can I tell for sure it's locked?
Old 10-12-2009, 10:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

RobsOnLine is a n00b

I loaded the Sprint Shipped ROM (exe), and it still connects to Verizon. Do I still need to do something else to return this to the Sprint Network?
Old 10-13-2009, 12:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicy_juice View Post
I just relocked my phone (sprint HTC TP) and then updated it with newest software from HTC. When It's installing the update it says Security Unlocked at the top of the screen just like it did when installing custom ROMS? I dont want to return this phone just to be denied due to this...how can I tell for sure it's locked?
the touch pro always says Security Unlocked on the bootloader screen. Just ignore that. To know if its locked, you have to look at the spl version on the bootloader screen.
0.37.0000 = locked
0.37.cmonex = unlocked
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobsOnLine View Post
I loaded the Sprint Shipped ROM (exe), and it still connects to Verizon. Do I still need to do something else to return this to the Sprint Network?
If it's a sprint branded touch pro, then dial ##RTN# and enter your msl then click menu then reset. That should wipe out all the verizon settings and return it to sprint settings.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro