PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 07:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: THUNDERBOLT
Carrier: VERIZON

jfugate15 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Been reading this thread since september, and keyboard recently went out on my 4th refurbed phone (same issue with all 5 phones = KB). Called customer service since Self help website decommissioned. Same run-a-round as everyone else, was offered BB, Palm pre, and Treo pro. Advised they werent compariable phones. was transferred to escalations after 30 mins on hold, esc rep advised out of stock on TP2's.. so waiting after all that, waiting on my reburbed Touch Pro to me mailed out... To say the least no Fa-la-la-la-la for me this christmas!!

Last edited by jfugate15; 12-21-2009 at 07:06 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Arterion is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Arterion Send a message via MSN to Arterion Send a message via Yahoo to Arterion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfugate15 View Post
Been reading this thread since september, and keyboard recently went out on my 4th refurbed phone (same issue with all 5 phones = KB). Called customer service since Self help website decommissioned. Same run-a-round as everyone else, was offered BB, Palm pre, and Treo pro. Advised they werent compariable phones. was transferred to escalations after 30 mins on hold, esc rep advised out of stock on TP2's.. so waiting after all that, waiting on my reburbed Touch Pro to me mailed out... To say the least no Fa-la-la-la-la for me this christmas!!
You could try telling them you talked to someone on the phone in tech support who said you were a "Priority 5" exchange because of your multiple replacement, and you could get a NIB TP2, but that they couldn't do it on the phone, you had to go to a store.

Executive Support and the managers of Account Services can apparently call the stores on your behalf. I don't know that people in Technical Support are able to.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

slowrey is a n00b

Well I've noticed that my phone doesn't always charge and that the battery life has gotten worse. Since November 2008 I've had 3 brand new phones and 1 refurb and finally I went in today. The techs tested it and they stated that the phone passed the tests however it was getting extremely hot and that they think that's the issue. They offered me the Palm Pro, HTC Snap, Blackberry Curve or the Touch Pro as a replacement. I told them in 14 months I've went through 4 phones and this would be my fifth and could I have a TP2 since I've had multiple issues and am tired of it. They wouldn't budge. I told them that I would call them and let them know which one I wanted before end of business day.

So I called Tech Support and told them my issue and they stated that they would replace mine with a Touch Pro 2 since I have had so many issues but it would be a refurb. I said I don't care as long as it works and works longer than 5-6 months.

I then received an email stating that they ordered me a Touch Pro 2, we'll see if that's what actually shows up.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: THUNDERBOLT
Carrier: VERIZON

jfugate15 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arterion View Post
You could try telling them you talked to someone on the phone in tech support who said you were a "Priority 5" exchange because of your multiple replacement, and you could get a NIB TP2, but that they couldn't do it on the phone, you had to go to a store.

Executive Support and the managers of Account Services can apparently call the stores on your behalf. I don't know that people in Technical Support are able to.
Only problem with that is that there is not a Sprint Corporate store within 50 miles of Johnson City, TN.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well (i 'pushed' and) got the Moment, at least itll be instore tomorrow for pickup. Turns out theres a damn good reason nobody is getting the phone they want for the TP1. Found out today that HTC themselves made the list up of phones that they will replace the TP with, or at least, reimburse Sprint for those trades. Thats why some people have been getting the run around on getting the TP2 (which i declined) or others.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Arterion is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Arterion Send a message via MSN to Arterion Send a message via Yahoo to Arterion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfugate15 View Post
Only problem with that is that there is not a Sprint Corporate store within 50 miles of Johnson City, TN.
An ASC ought to be able to do the same thing, but I ended up going to the Corp. store.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

gofawkurself is a n00b

Is there a way to find out when it is in Stock to order? they said we'll replace it, but its out of stock and now its 6 days later and still out of stock.. hmm.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

so i just got back from a local corp store. they are ordering me a new tp1. they said my only other option is the snap.

asked about a tp2 before i left and was told no. got back home and tried ecare twice and was told i can only get the tp1 or use my upgrade. i'll try again tomorrow with ecare.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

slowrey is a n00b

Well I called and got my tracking number for the Refurb Touch Pro 2. I wish it was NIB however it's better than nothing. They said it will only be the phone and a battery. Anyone know of anything else the Touch Pro 2 comes with? I've looked in the Sprint Manual and it doesn't show a parts list.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kernel610 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon Pro View Post
Well (i 'pushed' and) got the Moment, at least itll be instore tomorrow for pickup. Turns out theres a damn good reason nobody is getting the phone they want for the TP1. Found out today that HTC themselves made the list up of phones that they will replace the TP with, or at least, reimburse Sprint for those trades. Thats why some people have been getting the run around on getting the TP2 (which i declined) or others.
is this a common offer now? Is anyone else getting the Moment as an offered replacement? I searched through the forum and saw one other poster mentioning they got one too, but had to drop their SERO plan. Is this true? I'm on a SERO right now and really want to stick to it, but the Moment does sound tempting if its an option.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro