PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 06:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

pokumon is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

I know that this has been mentioned. I would stay away from the Sprint stores, and go to the third party stores. My experience at the Sprint store is that they are idiots.

I know that this has been asked also, but I would like to know as well. If you have a priority #4, you get the REC (I'm assuming reconditioned) TP2, and priority #5 will get you a new TP2. I'm on my 4th TP, and would I be priority #5 if I was on my 5th+? My guess is that if your phone can't make or receive calls, it would get a priority #5?

I was also told that it's OOS, and check back. The system doesn't let you put the order in when it's backordered, so how are some people getting this ordered today? Is it going in and out of stock throughout the day?

Lastly, why are people bringing in printouts of the internal memo? Wouldn't this just throw a red flag about all the replacements? It's like this, if you see a price mistake online, just buy it, never call. Same would apply to this internal memo.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Lord Delmar is keeping up the good workLord Delmar is keeping up the good work

Ok, just returned from the store. I got a refurb Touch pro 2. Not like I really care if its refurb or new, long as I got my phone fixed. The tech was also kind enough to add a wall charger to the request. So, all in all I am happy. The memo worked for me and got me into a different phone. As I said, all the problems I had with mine, even the tech said they are having more returns for the touch pro than any other phone since she has been a tech.

To everyone who is trying to 'get over' on the system... I wish you good luck, as they are getting more and more stringent on what is needed for a return. Don't think you will get a new in box phone because its likely you will not. If you are having legit issues, be patient and be nice to the techs. I am sure once you document you are having problems, they will help you out if you are cool about it.

Lastly, I want to tell everyone that while I love this new phone, I also loved my touch pro when I first got it. EVERYONE will love their phones when they first get them, but I am sure the touch pro will be gin to show issues soon and then we will be whining about how the original didn't have X problems or something close to that. Take this for what its worth and understand, The grass is not always greener on the other side.

Love you guys to death, but damn, relax and enjoy.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

Raiderjoelocal13 is a n00b

I went to the one in down town Long Beach off Long Beach blvd and Ocean. The girl that helped me out was new and didn't know much. Next time I have problems I'll be heading to an other store because that one is a corporate store.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by facemob View Post
heh i wonder if they would give you a hero as a replacement... nah let me stop
From what I undertand Hero requires their new plans. I played with the Hero and Pre..both very nice phones.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

hyakku is keeping up the good workhyakku is keeping up the good work

Update:

Went to Los angeles store on 300S broadway first, been there a few weeks ago because my keyboard broke and got a different rep from the one I knew (I should've requested that guy) and was told they were out of keyboards. I brought up the memo and the guy brought it to the techs and then basically told me they first need to try to fix it again before I'm eligible for one. Let him order one and left.

went to another one that said they have keyboards, they didn't after making me waste time driving there.

Next day this phone starts flipping out charging/overheating. Bring it back to 300 S broadway, this time they say there's nothing wrong with it after first trying to claim it may have been liquid damage or the battery. Now I'm just going to wait for the keyboard which I highly doubt will work (obviously something else must be wrong if my keyboard broke THREE WEEKS after getting it replaced, and that was after getting this phone at the end of August, meaning I've had it ALMOST for two months (the fourth one), and then speak to the same rep who said I would be eligible after they try to fix it.

Anyone in LA had any luck somewhere else without all this nonsense?
Old 10-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

ddlam is a n00b

I read somewhere that someone was able to place an order for an HTC Touch Pro 2 just now. I called the Alexandria VA store again and they said that the Pro 2 was still on backorder and that I should check back again on Friday or next week. Hm. I'm going to try again on Wednesday.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

mcfoogster is a n00b

still no luck in kc, mo. tried calling all the stores and asking about options, even called cs and exec services and they all told me to pretty much forget about it ever. the only promising thing i heard was from exec services who said you have to at least go through 3 of the same model.

i was heading in to the store anyway to get a keyboard fixed and stumbled upon this, thought id try but to no avail. im sure this one will crash and burn just like the others.

its just frustrating seeing people from all over the country have tp2s handed to them and im supposed to be in the sprint mecca and cant even get a bone thrown to me. the reps here just seem so spiteful, like they need to defend sprint to the death and not worry about what really matters, their customers concerns.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

letsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good workletsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to letsgoflyers81

My wife and I tried three stores in Philadelphia suburbs and I didn't have any luck. The best luck was one that my wife went to one and the TP2 was on the list of replacements but when the tech tried to select it, the system said it was back ordered. By the time I got to the store a few hours later the TP2 wasn't even showing as a valid replacement anymore. The tech guessed that maybe Sprint only authorized x number of each model (BB Tour, Curve, Treo Pro, etc) as a replacement for the TP and we've exhausted the TP2's. He said he'll keep trying for us, he understood what we were trying, but was cool about it. I'm worried we might have missed the window.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sexilexi is a n00b

Went to 2 repair centers today and 2 corporate stores, only luck I had was at a corporate store the rep I know who has always been helpful and knowledgeable offered me a different phone but didn't mention the tp2 until I brought it up. He did say it is an option but that the system won't let him choose it because it is OOS. Repair centers said the only alternative they are allowed to offer is treo pro, NO thank you. This is my 5th malfunctioning touch pro. Called customer service and was told that there are 4 alternatives to choose from but my acount doesn't qualify for over the phone advanced exchange because I've already had 5, she then told me that made me one of the lucky ones who got away with getting that many. HA its been nothing but a headache since last november.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:43 PM
ott
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ott is keeping up the good workott is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfoogster View Post
still no luck in kc, mo. tried calling all the stores and asking about options, even called cs and exec services and they all told me to pretty much forget about it ever. the only promising thing i heard was from exec services who said you have to at least go through 3 of the same model.

i was heading in to the store anyway to get a keyboard fixed and stumbled upon this, thought id try but to no avail. im sure this one will crash and burn just like the others.

its just frustrating seeing people from all over the country have tp2s handed to them and im supposed to be in the sprint mecca and cant even get a bone thrown to me. the reps here just seem so spiteful, like they need to defend sprint to the death and not worry about what really matters, their customers concerns.

their just doing their jobs brosuf. i mean if they can't do it, then they can't. remember, reps can only do as much as their allowed to do, nobody realizes that. they can only approve so much and if they can't order any then they can't. that's all they have in their power.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro