PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 03:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

thesfactor is keeping up the good workthesfactor is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoyPhillip View Post
last time i checked, they say to only return the defective device itself with stylus, I never once returned the battery but i did the covers, just return the phone and cover and stylus and battery if you no longer truly have a use for it but you can always keep the battery congrats on getting a TP2!
Thanks mate! I'll just return the phone and stylus with the battery cover.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

yonif99 is a n00b

Ok, I read about 20 pages of this thread and Im still stuck. I have 400 zillion issues with my TP. The first 1 i got sucked so they right away mailed me a new one. Few mon ths lated too many issues and I had to go to the store. Basically Ive been in and out o the store for many months and its really annoying. Bottom line: Ive had one replacement, have TEP and when I called to get a TP2 they told me I can get a "Free Unprgade" and it'll cost $349. Veyr free! Or they said theyd give me another TP, i said it has soo many issues including the battery so a new one wont help, i want a TP2. She said, "I cant, the sytem wont allow it".
So I called the store ive been too (hate to drive there-45 min away+ 2 hr wait every time) and they said only option is to upgrade for $350.

So tell me, what am i doing wrong? Thanx!
Old 01-20-2010, 06:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

internetaffairs is becoming a great contributor

2 hour wait? I'm sure you're exaggerating.

if you have no stores that are willing to exchange your tp for a tp2 and no customer service reps that will do it for you, best bet is to keep on building up the number of replacements.

or you can keep on trying. I've notice a lot of people in the past week have been able to get their tps exchanged for tp2s, including me as well.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

yonif99 is a n00b

Two times ago I went they said 1 hr. last time they said 2 hrs, I said, really 2 hours? COme on, but the guy said yeah. I came back after 1 hr 15 min,l they said still busy, cam back again at 1 hr 45 min and they made me wait about 5 in tilll they were done.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:52 PM
Lurker

geodude8888 is a n00b

Maybe I am one of the lucky ones as I had my Treo 755P to rely on when my TP keyboard broke and I was able to wait it out till I got my TP2. I never had to wait at my local repair shop any of the 3 times I went and it is only about 2 miles from my house. I could tell a guy there remembered me as he kept giving me the evil eye when I asked for a TP
2. Each time I went I spent less and less time there. 1st time the rep looked at my phone went to the back and declared it dead. He must have noted the system. The 2nd time, the girl hit a couple of keys and was ready to order me a new phone. The last time they just asked what I wanted. Of coarse no they could never order me a TP2.

I will be mailing back my TP. I will include the battery. I don't need it at all.

Thanks everyone here who helped with the process. It began in October 2009 and ended in January 2010.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

erawtik is becoming a great contributor

Iv read that 3 in 6 months and they offer a new phone. My ? is does a damage replacement count as 1 when i had to use insurance?
Old 01-21-2010, 12:32 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

My phone stopped charging, so I called up Advanced Tech Support who already had a ticket in the system from a previous store visit. They offered the Snap, TP2 and a couple other phones I don't remember off the top of my head, but I accepted the TP2. Should be here Friday.

See you on the other side!
Old 01-21-2010, 12:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

internetaffairs is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by erawtik View Post
Iv read that 3 in 6 months and they offer a new phone. My ? is does a damage replacement count as 1 when i had to use insurance?
no. I had my keyboard replaced and it did not count.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsungEPIC
Carrier: sprint

lazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Flippin finally!!! i was just about to cancel sprint and go to t-mo. When low and behold a different sprint repair store appeared out of thin air on the store locator link... so being a glutton for punishment i flashed back to stock/relocked and walked into the store.. not 10 seconds after i pulled my phone out, the tech asked if i wanted a tp2... YESSSSS I DO DAMMIT! i told him that my wife has the same phone and issues, he told me to bring it in. so i did. and now we have 2 'refurb' tp2s coming in tomorrow! my wife even made the mistake of saying " you guys really UPGRADE to tp2s? "... he said it wasnt an upgrade, its a REPLACEMENT... the wife thought i was trying to scam this whole time and couldnt understand why i was soooooo pissed at sprint CSRs.

THANK YOU EVERYBODY FOR THE TIPS AND POINTERS!!!
To everybody else--- BE PATIENT AND TRY EVERY STORE YOU CAN FIND.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

merefolk is a n00b

read through the first 5 pages, and the last 10 pages. Is there a way to do this online, or can I just call a number (please provide) instead of going into a store?

I had MAJOR issues with my Mogul and was able to get it replaced online, and was hoping to do the same with the TP. The TP isnt as bad as the Mogul, but seems to be a bit sluggish, and am seeing some issues with the keyboard.

Also - I have the 4.00 equipment insurance on my monthly bill. I dont know how many times I have them take it off, but since they havent - now is the time to pay up

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro