PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2010, 04:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2X2709 View Post
I called advance tech support for issues. They offered touch pro 2 but said I would have to pick it up at a store. The tech support person sent me an email and I have to bring this email to the store to get my phone ordered. Is this normal? Has anyone done this procedure as well?

question by picking it up in store did they mean from any store??wht i mean is since they dont have any refurbs in stock then they would be giving you a new phone and that, if possible, would be great.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint -/|

mykie is becoming a great contributor

No luck here.

My phone took a flying leap out of a moving car window awhile back, though it survived fully functional, it wasn't very pretty to look at. This week it started acting funny, so I flashed my phone back to the updated Sprint ROM and relocked it, which made things worse. Overheating, locking up on standby, taking FOREVER to get into TouchFlo3D from boot.

I took it to a Sprint store that didn't have a repair center, and who told me he could place an order for a new TP. I decided to hold off on that offer and see if a another store could repair it, and after waiting around for an hour, they told me because there was physical damage, I'd have to go through Asurion. To make matters worse, they totally bricked the phone while I waited.

I called Asurion, they told me to go back to the Sprint store (a different one this time), who again sent me back to Asurion. I called customer service, who in turn contacted the first store and placed an order for another TP.

Maybe I'll get a TP2, but I doubt it.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

sjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

How well does sprint really look at these phones before they give them as replacements?
I just went into a sprint store the other day, they ordered me a replacement for my touch pro (long story, but ended up with another touch pro), and I was looking at it, when I left the sprint store I first went into bootloader because I wanted to see if they really did check and to my shock, the phone is unlocked! Directly from the sprint warehouse it looks like they didn't even check, then I go and look in the ##786# and it has more calling and data used then my old one. Which was replaced through asurain. Then he took of the battery cover to get to the ESN and he saw the inside of the battery cover is like black with some white by the camera part (which I would assume was from overheating, but I'm not sure), so he was going to take my battery cover from my old phone and put it on the new one, but they were different colors on the outside.

I also forgot to mention that the rep was telling me about how many issues they've been having with these models, and so next time I go in I'm going to push for a touch pro 2, because when I went in for the first time the guy actually kind of hinted towards upgrading to the Pre, but I said my plan wouldn't allow it because I'm on one of the older ones.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro

2X2709 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by docnas View Post
question by picking it up in store did they mean from any store??wht i mean is since they dont have any refurbs in stock then they would be giving you a new phone and that, if possible, would be great.
I went to the store today and I was disappointed. The store salesman takes a look at my email and says that they are out of the touch pro 2s. So they offer me another touch pro and other phones in the sprint line up. I don't understand why the Advance Tech Rep sent me to a store if they cant get the phone either. Whats sucks more is that I had to drive 90 miles round trip to get to a store. Anyhow, the sales rep told me to call back on Monday. I am not sure what to do? Perhaps, I can call back tech support and check and see if any more Touch Pro 2s are back in stock.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

vindication84 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to vindication84
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint PPC6850SP)

I'm so ashamed of myself. I got impacient. I called Sprint today for one final time to see if the TP2 was available. It wasn't. So I ordered a Pre. It was nice talking with you guys about this POS phone =) See ya in the Pre forums!
#1 Sprint HTC Touch Pro- Got it wet, did Asurion replacement
#2 Sprint HTC Touch Pro- Got it NIB, but keyboard died after 2.5 months
#3 Sprint HTC Touch Pro- Refurb, hardware problems. Yuck.
#4 Sprint HTC Touch Pro- Refurb, slow keyboard decay, hoping for a Touch Pro2!
Old 02-08-2010, 04:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

yonif99 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonif99 View Post
UGGGHHH!!! I HATE SPRINT!!!!!
Ok, heres my story. I had one TP 1.2 years ago, it was dead from the start so since twas in the 1st 30 days they sent me a new TP, it had many issues and i was in and out of the store many times. Finally earlier this week i called up and they said they would sned me a refurb TP, they did, it didnt work at all! So i called up 2 days ago and she said, ur eligible for the TP2! SHe said 3 fones or 3 fixes in 6 months u get a new 1. Yeah, she said she would send confirmation email within 24 hrs for if available or whats in stock. Never got anything Then i called sprint and about 85% of the reps said they never heard of this policy. Finally one did and said they were out of stock and i should call a store. SO, i went on the sprint website and found the list of the 7 closest stores. Called em all, 5 said they didnt have, 1 said they did but only corporate store do it. They gave me the number to a store i called. That store (Store A) told me they never heard of the policy. Store B told me that makes no sesne they are a corporate store of course they heard of it. So he called them for me. Called me back saying they said they had no TP2's. I said they told me they did! He said, "THEY MUST BE LYING, they just dont want to give you the phone, they are a bad store!!!!" SO i called back and they said we never spoke with anyone and the only thing you can do is come in wait an hr and we'll look @ ur fone and if broken give you another TP. I called sprint, spent about 3 hrs on the phone, kept getting disconnected/battery dying. Finally i got to a "supervisor" who told me that they only give out refurbs, and no store will give you one bc no store has refurbs only new phones! He said Ill just have to keep calling sprint back to see if they get any refurbs in or just exchange for another TP. I was so frustrated I was just going to go with the exchange but then we got disconnected!

Bottom line, Sprint is a bunch of lying jerks , who are no help whats so ever! Boycott sprint!

So tell me, what am i doing wrong? Thanx!
Next day I called back said I'll take the TP, they said they wouldnt give it to me! They said you need to send it in to be fixed or take it to a store. So I called back and asked for TP2, they said no, but we'll give you TP. So tell me, do they just offer you the lower level of what you ask for? Maybe if I ask for the HD2 they'll offer me the TP2? Basically I said fine to the TP but they said only refurb. I begged to no avail. Finally she said ok, wait I see it is a new in box one! I was so happy, yeah! Then today it comes, and it's refurb! They totally lied! Time to call back...
Old 02-08-2010, 07:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

shankscomp is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to shankscomp Send a message via Yahoo to shankscomp

Good Luck, I sent Sprint a nasty email today regarding their CRAPPY CS. We'll see what's in store for me next. I told them in my email to

Quote:
So, maybe I’ll leave it in your hands for your suggestion as to what to do… Right now, I would like to get my phone replaced with something that’s more reliable, but yet not with something that’s going to force me to change my phone plan, thus why I was happy when the technician suggested the TP2. But then again, I don’t feel I should have to pay the replacement cost for replacing the phone that’s known for it’s flawed software/hardware. I’ve also been told the cellular reception, the call dropped numbers are better on the TP2 than the TP.
Well, like I said, I leave it in your hands… Please either get back to me with an acceptable option, or tell me if T-Mobile, AT&T, or Verizon will be the better option and provide me with their contact numbers.
I guess I'll have to wait and see the response.
T
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!
Old 02-09-2010, 12:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

liable is a n00b

Sprint is no longer replacing with tp2 if you want to spend 100 use asurion web sit 2 tp 1 deleverd in 2 weeks
Old 02-09-2010, 03:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

moosen34 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by liable View Post
Sprint is no longer replacing with tp2 if you want to spend 100 use asurion web sit 2 tp 1 deleverd in 2 weeks
Get your facts straight buddy
Old 02-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

well i tried and tried but wasnt coming in stock talked to a tech support manager and he said he can only send me a touch pro and yes he knows about the problems with it but he cant do anything as its not available but he did annotate my account that i have been having issues with the phone so next time it messes up ( not IF but WHEN) they wil have some furthur options. so got this email and its a TP1, crap.

Replacement Phone Information:
Model Name: UTStarcom Touch Pro

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro