PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 07:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

then you my friend got lucky.

when you deal with a repair center/corp store, they won't touch it with physical damage.

if you can still do advanced exchange, you can do it but there is a chance they will charge you for the phone once they see the physical damage.

same with insurance. if they see physical damage on a warranty repair, they will charge you full price of the phone.

obviously if you go through insurance and pay the deductible, they won't care about the physical damage.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

mastahc411 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasa1303 View Post
yes, you can use the slide out for hard directional pad. you even have onscreen directional keys when you open the onscreen keyboard. hey if mastahc411 likes the touch pro over the tp2 great that he has what he wants i was just a little irritated by the fact that there are so many trying to get our hands on one and sprint keeps telling us no that someone would have been glad to just swap out a mint condition tp for the tp2 he returned to sprint. thankfully i just received my tp2 but i had to go through some hoops getting it. if someone offered me a trade i would have been all over it.
I put an ad on craigslist offering to swap my tp2 for a tp in new orleans and I got no responses. I dont have a backup phone and I could not afford to be without a phone, even for a day. And I cant ask someone to send me a phone with no guarantee or buyer protection. I left the craigslist ad up for 4 days before I went back to the sprint store. If anyone really want a tp2 that bad then do an insurance claim through asurion. Its only $100 and you dont even have to talk to anyone if you do it through phoneclaim.com. I dont understand why you are irritated. The tp1 is a great phone, too.

Last edited by mastahc411; 02-23-2010 at 07:51 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

yonif99 is a n00b

TP2 Sucks. Ive had mine for 1 day and Im going back to TP. True if the TP2 worked it would be better than all my nonworking tp's, but they both dont work. And both working, id go with the tp1. Why? No flash, no d-pad, no tap key, set up really bad, cant click on top for battery and commission manager...Whats better? Well the screen is obviously much better for videos, and the speakerphone is great, but worth it? I think not! I want a phone thats user friendly and the TP2 sucks! And the one they sent me works about as well as a TP1 so might as well have the tp1, or else ANY BETTER IDEAS FOR OTHER PHONES?
Old 02-23-2010, 11:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro

2X2709 is a n00b

I took my touch pro to the store. It was preapproved for replacement by advance tech support. Unfortunately, they did not have a TP2. But the store rep said he would keep looking for TP2. It seems TP2 is hard to get? What gives, is it really in that short of supply? Would it be better for me just to call advance tech support again? Thanks
Old 02-23-2010, 11:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/EVO 4G
Carrier: The NOW Network!!

LayLay is keeping up the good workLayLay is keeping up the good workLayLay is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LayLay

Did you ask him if he could call in an order for you.
" for hitting the Button!"
Old 02-24-2010, 02:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

melvis1972 is a n00b

Well with all the crazy stuff going on with the TP to TP2 I was wonder what to do with my TP, being the keyboard stopped working too. So I looked at an online claim but it said I would get another TP, I didn't want that so I reflashed my back to the stock rom and took it to a store to see what would happen. Dropped it off came back in 45mins and was told it could not be fixed and would have to be replaced, rep told me I could get a TP but said that would be a bad idea and then told me I could have a TP2 but would have to order it. Well that was on thursday nite and I got my TP2 on monday afternoon that was sent to the house. Just wanted to share my story with all thats been going on with this mess.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic Touch 4G

Imaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Imaginos

I just got my 2nd TP2.

Was to go snowboarding with my brother two weeks ago and he wasn't answering my phone calls to set meeting time/place. Got him online via IM and he tells me his TP died. Oh noes! I told him to pull the battery and bring it to snowboarding. I have a spare TP I activated on his # (I am account manager), installed myphone and brought that with me. Turns out his screen died and the vibrator sounds like a dying cow. Sweet. I took his dead phone and gave him my spare. He popped in his sd card, signed into myphone and restored his contacts and txts. Life is good for him. I waited for Monday to see what I can do with this brick.
Looked it over, still great shape. No obvious physical damage - no moisture. Used myMobilier to see if it was ok. It was, so I activated it on my # and then it was repair store, harch.

The local repair guys told me they can't fix it and wanted to put me on a new phone. They offered me a Pre, a Treo, a BB, a Snap. Oh oh. Told them I really love the TP and would prefer to just get another. No can do was the initial response. Then a repair tech offered me a refurb that they had but also started to steer me to the TP2. I let him roll with his pitch that the TP2 is better and what can I say? I gave in and took one. They pulled out a NIB and activated it for me. I was pretty happy. (except for the stock rom on it of course!)

Down to one last spare TP though. Time to carry that one til it fails too!
Old 02-24-2010, 11:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

typo lad is just getting started

My TP has been getting really, really hot lately, to the point of my noticing it through my pockets. Was able to arrange an advanced exchange for it, and the woman even asked "Now, are you looking for a different model..?" I told her I would take whatever. She put me on hold and said there was a TP coming my way.

Here's hoping it's really a TP2, but ah well.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:09 PM
Volunteer Newsie
Pocket PC: NS4G
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

beathookup is keeping up the good workbeathookup is keeping up the good work

So after many calls to CS had them create an eticket for me with the hopes of an easy transaction and I'm glad I did went into my local Sprint store where I have gotten no help in the past, but things were different. I was the only customer in the store my name was on the board for service when I got there by setting up an appointment. Spoke to one rep who took my phone and information gave it to the tech and within 15 minuets was called and told they were ordering my a BNIB Touch Pro 2 that will be available for pickup on Monday. Asked the rep what I needed to bring in and she said just the phone. Cannot wait to swap out my phone, if anyone has not had success in the past I would say to try again.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

sah0724 is a n00b

My phone is beginning to fail me, the screen goes black at times and then turns back on, also the slider is bending a little to the right when I close it. I have no insurance and sprint won't help me out, they want me to upgrade my phone and sign a new contract.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro