PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 10:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/15954; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILMVVM2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
A warranty is not relevant. TEP will cover any malfunction of the device on that line forever. If the phone simply fails, Sprint will fix it. If you drop, smash, water damage, etc. then it goes to Asurion and you pay the $100.
Okay thanks for clarifying that for me.
Will I have an issue though with the small crack in the chrome when Sprint gets it after I get my replacement tp?
I doubt it. That would be considered cosmetic damage..not really physical.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 11-29-2009, 11:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint

Spydc is a n00b
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/15954; U; en))

I doubt it. That would be considered cosmetic damage..not really physical.
I keep getting the same darn crack on the chrome just above the up volume key. I had the same issue before and I returned it to sprint via warranty exchance and had no problems. But if you go to a corporate store, they may bs you and say physical damage and request that you go through asurion.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:18 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spydc View Post
I keep getting the same darn crack on the chrome just above the up volume key. I had the same issue before and I returned it to sprint via warranty exchance and had no problems. But if you go to a corporate store, they may bs you and say physical damage and request that you go through asurion.
if you have a legitimate technical problem, cracked chrome won't matter but i'd start an eticket 1st if i were you.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

faintecho is just getting started

I was told I was getting a TP2 mailed out to me.. And there is a package on its way over to me. I guess ill just see what it is when I open it.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

faintecho is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by WmDuchess View Post
see what i mean if they back ordered how did you walk out with an order today and earlier they told me they back ordered.. and i placed my order yesterday... ima just wait.. maybe they tryna act stupid.. so that i wont spread the word that tp2 are being held out... but come tuesday and i dont have either a tp or tp2...

They have plently of NIB TP2. But they dont want to give those as replacements. I think they are saying they are backordered on TP2 refurb..

Im pretty sure im getting a refurb but it doesnt matter to me refurb or not its better than still having a TP1
Old 11-30-2009, 01:16 AM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I've had zero luck trying to exchange my girls TP1 with something decent that is not a downgrade. I've tried Store, Service center, Retentions, Advance Exchange, and Multiple Replacement departments still no luck. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Old 11-30-2009, 01:28 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

were you nice? how long have you been with sprint? how long have you had your tp? where do you live?--these are simple questions that means something when your trying to do this. the easy answer is take it to another store.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:34 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I'll report back, the store near here says they don't have the TP2 yet, not even for new customers. Said they'd call me next week because that's when it should be in. But I've heard that every time I've gone in there since the TP2's release when I ask about it.

Since my keyboard is getting worse, as is the home key, I'm going to call CS tomorrow and see what can be done. I'll be nice but I doubt it'll get me anywhere... probably going to take me multiple calls to get one sent. By the sounds of it, it doesn't seem like I can even get another TP.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
I'll report back, the store near here says they don't have the TP2 yet, not even for new customers. Said they'd call me next week because that's when it should be in. But I've heard that every time I've gone in there since the TP2's release when I ask about it.

Since my keyboard is getting worse, as is the home key, I'm going to call CS tomorrow and see what can be done. I'll be nice but I doubt it'll get me anywhere... probably going to take me multiple calls to get one sent. By the sounds of it, it doesn't seem like I can even get another TP.
Good luck, man.

Isn't it frustrating when you read about the good luck of others?
Right now, I am just glad my current TP1 refurb is holding up. I cannot be without a phone.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint 500 Sero Plan

johnnydough646 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to johnnydough646

My keyboard has been for a while ive just been using the on screen one... I never tried to do an exchange because the chome has a crack the volume key, and like another crack on the other side where you can actually move the plating.... Should I go to a store or just use the sprint advance exchange

11/25 28004 2.5

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro