PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 12:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jimfun is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Update: The guy from Sprint called me back on my cell, said he checked with his "manager" and found they can send a NIB TP2 (he said it was not a refurb) to me, and wanted to make sure that's what I wanted, instead of a replacement TP1. We'll see what it looks like when I get it!
Old 01-14-2010, 01:21 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Ok, My Mogul is on file for claim. I have 60 days to complete the claim. I check everyday to see what do they offer at the moment. They been offering TP to for the past 2 days. I checked this morning and they have a Mogul in stock. HTC 6800. A Mogul in stock!!! WTF is this? Is Mogul ever gonna die?

Well, gotta be patient and wait some more.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Old 01-14-2010, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

squarerootz is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to squarerootz
Talking Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Update: Got both TP2's today. One was NIB the other looks like a refurb or something cause it arrived in a smaller box, with no charger, no storage card, no SIM card, etc. Called Sprint up and was transferred to Tech Support. Explained that if I'm recieving an upgraded phone as a replacement, why is it a Refurb, since I've never had this model before?

CSR was very nice but couldn't find a suitable answer, told me she would notate the account and directed me to take it to the nearest Sprint store to swap for NIB.

Guess what's the first thing on my agenda tommorow? LOLz!!
Old 01-14-2010, 09:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2

stook is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Sharing my success story, hopefully I can help others.

To start, I had my original Touch Pro (first ones off the line, right when they came out) replaced with a refurb. one because of chrome cracking issues. The replacement operated fine for a while, but it would overheat, I would miss calls because when someone called it would freeze, and the keyboard would type sporadic crap that I wasn't even typing sometimes (lots of lag too). I called 2-3 months ago when this thread opened but success level had died down. I explained my problems and they told me they would replace it with another touch pro, bb curve, pre, snap, blah blah but no TP2. I told them I wanted the TP2 they said too bad.

Today, I read peoples successes so I decided to call again since my TP is just driving me bonkers, and I hear how happy everyone is with their TP2 (makes me sick). I called Technical Support Tier 2: 888-211-4727, however I don't think it was really "technical support" since it was the same crappy menu (1-5 what is your problem). The lady answered VERY QUICKLY FLUENT in English. I emphasize this because my pass experience has been with outsourced customer service along with 20 min wait time. She answered, "employee service customer service" ... shocked I said I'm not sure how I got here I was looking for technical support (I have SERO btw, so maybe when I entered my number they put me to employee service). I explained my issue to her and she said she would gladly transfer me to tech support ... I rolled my eyes and thanked her. Again the transfer took all but 30 seconds (NO WAITING) and I talked to Krysta another English fluent customer service representative. She asked "what's wrong with the phone?", I told her I had issues 3 months ago and was offered a replacement phone for my issues (listed the issues). However, the phone choices back then were not satisfactory so I decided not to waste anyone's time or money; I'm calling back to see if their offering anything new this year. She said she was sorry but the only thing they could do was offer me advanced replacement which would get me a refurbished phone. I said I would gladly take a refurb phone since my current touch pro was refurbed by them as well, as long as I was upgraded and not getting another TP. She told me to hold while she processed the A-ticket. At this point she did a lot of typing and not a lot of talking, so much quiet that I thought I had the all too similar Sprint hung up on me. I asked if she was still there and she said yes, please standby while I figure out how to process your a-ticket. She asked what address I wanted to ship my replacement to, I said can you tell me what you're shipping me before you process it, she said no because she won't see the options until later. I said ok and she asked for a couple minutes for manager approval, I held. She came back and listed A LOT OF OPTIONS ... TP, Pre, Snap, BB Curve, TP2, Infernal, blah blah blah ... I quickly said TP2 please. She said ok, told me I should be receiving an e-mail confirming everything. I did ... so now I wait and see what comes!!!

Good luck all. Things I learned from today and the past failures. I was nice an polite. I recommend using the number I provided. I recommend being persistent, but don't call everyday or even every week because they makes notes every time you call (previously they said are you calling for the same reason you did yesterday?).

IF Sprint follows through and sends me the TP2, I would say I'm a satisfied customer. I started with SERO '07 HTC Mogul, bought myself the Touch Pro using a 2 year upgrade after 1 year of having the Mogul ... how I don't know but it was done through Best Buy. I've had the TP for over a year and now they're replacing it because they know it's bad. I hope they keep their customer service like I experienced today ... fast, english speaking, and helpful.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

Well folks, I've decided to try my hand again... after basically being refused service at the repair center (see my post a few pages back), I decided to call *2 Customer Service. I used the menu to get to tech support. Just like stook, I was transferred to a US-based call center and a very helpful rep. At first, after detailing my issues (intermittent keyboard, overheats while charging, etc) he said that this is a device issue and would need to be taken to the store. I then explained that when I took it to the store, they basically refused to even look at it, claiming that ALL phones get hot if used while charging (which I knew was B.S. considering I've never had that happen and have had has various cell phones for the last 10 years, 5 of which have been with Sprint)... He said they can do an Advanced Exchange but that he would have to have his manager sign off on it, so he took all my info (again like stook said, a lot of typing and not a lot of talking) and said once his manager looks it over he will call me back... here's hoping they'll offer to upgrade me... I will update here once I hear back from them.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

ian3047 is a n00b

My keyboard is toast. Called Sprint about my brand new Touch Pro I got in June. First tech support says I can't do anymore exchanges this year. I said I haven't done any at all. They transfer me to another person who said Sprint doesn't do anything on those phones it's got to be HTC. She then said being this is a known issue they could give me a Razor or Lotus free of charge. I said really, do you even know the difference between what I have and what you just offered me. She said the Lotus is a smart phone. My local repair store that is non Sprint but is the official one says they can't do anything with Touch Pro's but for $50 I can get a pre. This is a joke what do I do now. My keyboard is toast.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian3047 View Post
My keyboard is toast. Called Sprint about my brand new Touch Pro I got in June. First tech support says I can't do anymore exchanges this year. I said I haven't done any at all. They transfer me to another person who said Sprint doesn't do anything on those phones it's got to be HTC. She then said being this is a known issue they could give me a Razor or Lotus free of charge. I said really, do you even know the difference between what I have and what you just offered me. She said the Lotus is a smart phone. My local repair store that is non Sprint but is the official one says they can't do anything with Touch Pro's but for $50 I can get a pre. This is a joke what do I do now. My keyboard is toast.
If its less than a year old, then whoever told you that you can go thru HTC is correct. HTC offers a 1 year warranty on the device... now, whether they'll give u a TP2 or not, I have no clue, but give them a call... if nothing else you'll at least get a working TP...
Old 01-15-2010, 12:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2

stook is a n00b

Glad you tried again Abrigham. I would have never gotten off the line with them though, Sprint almost NEVER calls back (maybe the new improved customer service will) ... and in my experience the time they do call back, they call once from a weird number like 8310 that you can't return the call to if you miss it.

I had them return a call to my TP once ... I tried to answer but it froze ... go figure.

Good luck all!
Old 01-15-2010, 12:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

thethinker is a n00b

Just got off the phone with tech support. I was having the freezing caller ID problem and keyboard issues. After a few minutes of them telling me to reprogram the phone and soft reset, they told me to take the phone into a store. Lucky for me the island I live on doesn't have any sprint stores and I told them that, so they offered to replace my phone with a TP2, Pre, Snap, Curve, or Treo Pro. Told them I wanted a TP2, they confirmed my address and contact number, and said it would be on it's way.

20 minutes later the same lady called me back and gave me an order number. I asked her if it was refurb, and she said that it was considered an "upgrade" and it would be NIB.

Also, I don't think it matters how many times you've had your TP replaced. I'm still using my original TP that I bought on the release date and they exchanged it no prob.

I was actually impressed with Sprint customer service for once. I'm glad they did the right thing and chose to replace this buggy phone instead of telling all of us that paid $600 that we have to deal with it or pay for a new phone.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Well, I never got a call back (although, the guy did say he may not be able to call me back until this morning and it's still morning)... I did however get an e-mail order confirmation... and it was for another TP :-/ oh well, we'll see... if it is another TP, I'm going to plug it in and run pandora or something like that and as soon as I see it stop charging, I'm calling back... lol... my concern in getting another TP, is that it will be worse than the one I have now... I'm actually still on my original TP and other than the overheat issue, i've had very little problems with it and I don't want one that's going to have more problems...

Last edited by abrigham; 01-15-2010 at 12:02 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro