PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2009, 07:26 AM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Am I the only one who likes stock rom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlienElite View Post
Yea and you know wut else? Every time a new application is released, and someone says "this doesn't work for me" I chuckle to myself, because I know chances are it's their custom ROM
*sigh*
Whenever you tweak your phone you're no longer on a stock rom as someone said earlier in this thread I believe.

So if you've changed a few registry values then you are on your own custom rom whether u like it or not

And Chef's of all these custom ROMs really taylor it for their needs for the most part. They just share with us.

And I love to flash....its really addictive. I usually be jonesin in a few days looking for my next flash fix. So whatever you do don't do it!!
Old 07-29-2009, 01:32 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
*sigh*
Whenever you tweak your phone you're no longer on a stock rom as someone said earlier in this thread I believe.

So if you've changed a few registry values then you are on your own custom rom whether u like it or not
This is true... LOL
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 07-29-2009, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro TWO!
Threadstarter

TheAlienElite is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TheAlienElite Send a message via MSN to TheAlienElite

EH...>.< I suppose there's no deleting that logic haha. I will prob end up flashing anyways, just to see what all the fuss about. First one I flash is gonna be NSFFan's (sp?), looks pretty sweet. Oh and anyone that was insulted by anything I said, I apologize.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=iphone

Phone History Mogul > Touch Pro > Touch Pro2
Old 07-29-2009, 02:50 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

u good man, no worries
Old 07-29-2009, 03:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlienElite View Post
First one I flash is gonna be NSFFan's .
That's not a bad ROM (I just quit using it), but you can get exactly the same performance from the S.A.C. Warrior ROM without some of the bugs that I found with the latest NFSFAN

~John
Old 07-29-2009, 03:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4g

jrob is becoming a great contributor

stock rom is cool, but custom roms are cooler to me!!! thank you chefs!!!
Old 07-29-2009, 09:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

There are also some things that you simply can not get from a reg tweak....

things like No2chems fast charger for those times when your battery is dead and you need to charge it quickly...

Can't get TF3D2 on a stock rom without buying a TP2 or Tachi!

Video Conferencing...

Just to name a few...

But like I always say if all you need is in a stock rom and your happy then keep it!

sure makes insurance claims and carrier repair a much easier experience.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyx View Post
There are also some things that you simply can not get from a reg tweak....

things like No2chems fast charger for those times when your battery is dead and you need to charge it quickly...

Can't get TF3D2 on a stock rom without buying a TP2 or Tachi!

Video Conferencing...

Just to name a few...

But like I always say if all you need is in a stock rom and your happy then keep it!

sure makes insurance claims and carrier repair a much easier experience.

Fast charger...? Sounds -very- intriguing...does he only make one ROM or several? and what's it called? No2chem is a key player in this community it appears. His rom would be a good place to start i imagine !
Old 07-30-2009, 07:35 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

i ran a stock rom for a while, tweaked it and all, and i realized that there's only so much you can do on the surface of a rom. so now i'm running might6, and i can't say that i miss the stock rom in any way.

its not about which rom is best, or believing that your carrier can do it right the first time, its really just about facts. you can't run 6.5 on your stock rom either. once going to 6.5, i'm never going back to 6.1. its just so edit finger friendly, and pretty. i had so many problems with tf3d because of the amount of text messages i send/receive, it would sometimes take 2 minutes just to switch to the text messaging tab, and i tried every gui, and the only thing that was barable was pointui, but not enough to use. titanium though, fits my needs perfectly.

there's so many updated pieces of software that are only 6.5 compatible, and the os isn't really even out yet.

while you didn't set out to start an argument (so you say), you did ask for people to convince you. if you're just going to argue back, and then appologize for upsetting anybody, and furthermore...asking which rom is best? you've mentioned flashing to 3 different roms in the same thread you started to complain about people asking which rom to use...you've just became what you were just complaining about in your original post. just admit it... the stock rom has limitations. move on. this thread is so worthless. you could have come to this conclusion by reading the threads that you were complaining about in the first place.

i don't mean to offend, but seriously?

Last edited by NinjaMom; 07-30-2009 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Profanity - NinjaMom
Old 07-30-2009, 08:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well.

Thanks for the part of your post that contributes to the thread. As for the part trying to discredit the thread:

1.)I didn't ask people to convince me. I said "perhaps", which in case you didn't know, means maybe. And fyi, noone has done so.
2.)IF I do flash, it will be only to experiment. I highly doubt I'll keep a custom.
3.)The thing I was apologizing for was when I called everyone nazis, and my post was edited for it. I suppose I should have been more clear on that.
4.)I -never- asked anyone what rom was best. If I wanted the answer to that I wouldn't have to make my own thread, believe me.
5.)If this thread is so worthless, stay the hell out kid...noone forced you to come in here.

So thanks for the first part of your post. The rest? Epic fail.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro