PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2009, 05:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (VZW)
Threadstarter

Yoshi325 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Stock VZW Rom?

Ok, I have all the files extracted from the raw file, but I'm a little blurry on the details of how to reconstruct them. I think I need an .nb file to sign it with. Anyone have any advice or resources to offer? Also I can't seem to find any information on extracting the radio. Do I need to load up QPST?
Old 06-03-2009, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6850
Carrier: Verizon

CheezWiz is becoming a great contributor

Check this out:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=427507
Running: Latest Stock VZW ROM for the working Voice Command (PagePool@8MB)
What I would be running if VC worked: MightyROM 4/R3BORN 06/01/09
Radio: Latest VZW Stock (Will likely switch to 1.07.06F)
Locker: Pocket Shield
Want an easy and free way to share files privately on any OS?
https://www.getdropbox.com/referrals/NTEwOTAwMDI5
^^^use my link for an extra 250MB's of space!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO F&F

Mattheyu is keeping up the good workMattheyu is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheezWiz View Post
Great find! I hope those directions work. Seems extremely straightforward.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

what build version of wm6.1 is it running?
Old 06-04-2009, 02:34 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Yoshi325 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheezWiz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattheyu View Post
Great find! I hope those directions work. Seems extremely straightforward.
I did find that on my search, but I wasn't confidant enough to go ahead with it. Here are my concerns: 1. Should I really be using the WWE base ROM or should I try using a previous VZW as the base? 2. Should I really be using that Kitchen, or would it be better to use Calkin's?
I also still can't find anything on Radio reconstruction. I am thinking that it is either Part00 or requires going into the tri-color screen and using QPST to extract. *shrug* I guess I will try it with Calkin's the leaked VZW rom as a base, and if that doesn't work I'll try the other options one at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmxx187 View Post
what build version of wm6.1 is it running?
From the About screen in Settings:
Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
CE OS 5.2.20769 (Build 20679.1.4.5)
Old 06-05-2009, 09:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO F&F

Mattheyu is keeping up the good workMattheyu is keeping up the good work

I'd try a dump f the Verizon stock ROM for the base. I figure that it will be the closest as far as configuration.

Here's a link: ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Raphael/Stock%20R...51064_Ship.exe

I also noticed that ImCoKeMaN offers some assistance on dumping ROMs in the stock ROM thread, so try asking him for some tips.

His thread is here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42741
Old 06-06-2009, 06:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Metalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuff

You can't extract a radio from a dumped ROM.... All radios are extracted from Shipped/leaked ROMS.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Yoshi325 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattheyu View Post
I'd try a dump f the Verizon stock ROM for the base. I figure that it will be the closest as far as configuration.

Here's a link: ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Raphael/Stock%20R...51064_Ship.exe

I also noticed that ImCoKeMaN offers some assistance on dumping ROMs in the stock ROM thread, so try asking him for some tips.

His thread is here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42741
I just checked and that is the file I was planning on using, so that's good. I didn't have time friday (work was too busy) but as soon as I get a chance I'll give it a go. I'll also bug ImCoKeMaN and see if he will be kind enough to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalmayhem View Post
You can't extract a radio from a dumped ROM.... All radios are extracted from Shipped/leaked ROMS.
I'll give you the same response I gave you over at xda-devs:
I know for a fact that all of them aren't extracted from shipped ROMS. I know that they include them, but if you look at my first post I have the raw files dumped from my phone's memory, not just the ROM. If these raw files do not include the radio, then I would be happy to learn how to dump the radio as well. I know it can be done, I just don't have the means to do it.

Please quit spaming the threads with garbage. I want a stock backup of my radio and rom, not all kinds of naysaying as to why I can't do it.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Metalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi325 View Post

Please quit spaming the threads with garbage. I want a stock backup of my radio and rom, not all kinds of naysaying as to why I can't do it.
I'm not spamming I posted here and on xda just so you wouldn't miss my response... I'm simply stating from my knowledge of reading through the radio threads. I saw posted some where in the thread (its probably buried in there) that it could not be done; Hence why none ever was able to get the Alltel touch pro radio(not the one that was recently post since that was a port of the diamond version).

Lastly this is why I hate posting on ppcgeeks since most on here are rude/jump to conclusions and hate on people.

If you want your stock backup do it yourself and don't open up a thread and ask for help/advice. I was just trying to help...didn't mean to come off all bad, if thats what you saw After all why would I be naysaying if I would benefit from the radio too.

Peace.

Last edited by Metalmayhem; 06-07-2009 at 07:28 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

djsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to djsiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalmayhem View Post
I'm not spamming I posted here and on xda just so you wouldn't miss my response... I'm simply stating from my knowledge of reading through the radio threads. I saw posted some where in the thread (its probably buried in there) that it could not be done; Hence why none ever was able to get the Alltel touch pro radio(not the one that was recently post since that was a port of the diamond version).

Lastly this is why I hate posting on ppcgeeks since most on here are rude/jump to conclusions and hate on people.

If you want your stock backup do it yourself and don't open up a thread and ask for help/advice. I was just trying to help...didn't mean to come off all bad, if thats what you saw After all why would I be naysaying if I would benefit from the radio too.

Peace.
Guess the general feeling about the board is just from personal experience. My own personal experience is that the crowd and especially the mods at XDA are far more brutal than here. But again. that is just my opinion based on a couple of issues with them.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro