Lurker
Threadstarter

Yoshi325 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Stock VZW Rom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattheyu View Post
I'd try a dump f the Verizon stock ROM for the base. I figure that it will be the closest as far as configuration.

Here's a link: ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Raphael/Stock%20R...51064_Ship.exe

I also noticed that ImCoKeMaN offers some assistance on dumping ROMs in the stock ROM thread, so try asking him for some tips.

His thread is here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42741
I just checked and that is the file I was planning on using, so that's good. I didn't have time friday (work was too busy) but as soon as I get a chance I'll give it a go. I'll also bug ImCoKeMaN and see if he will be kind enough to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalmayhem View Post
You can't extract a radio from a dumped ROM.... All radios are extracted from Shipped/leaked ROMS.
I'll give you the same response I gave you over at xda-devs:
I know for a fact that all of them aren't extracted from shipped ROMS. I know that they include them, but if you look at my first post I have the raw files dumped from my phone's memory, not just the ROM. If these raw files do not include the radio, then I would be happy to learn how to dump the radio as well. I know it can be done, I just don't have the means to do it.

Please quit spaming the threads with garbage. I want a stock backup of my radio and rom, not all kinds of naysaying as to why I can't do it.