PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: 6.1 Vs 6.5 Vs 7
I tried 6.5 and keep going back to 6.1 110 17.97%
I tried 6.5 and am Never going back to 6.1 276 45.10%
I tried 6.5 and back to 6.1... I'll wait for 7... 104 16.99%
Never bothered trying 6.5 122 19.93%
Voters: 612. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2009, 09:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6850 Gimped Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wirelessness
Threadstarter

jucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Mobile 6.1 / 6.5 / 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar369 View Post
You guys are arguing about which Windows OS is better, that sounds like kids play! Everybody knows that Windows Vista is better! From my experience Vista is just like XP but with better looks, THATS IT! Not to mention that with Vista you can have up to 16gigs of ram running, I know because my friend has a custom computer he built from MicroCenter with 2 hard drives on it! 1 has vista which he runs his ultra fast 16gigs of memory with 2 Intel QuadCores in it which is faster than a virgin in Vegas! The second has a special XP64bit OS that I got for him that lets you run 8 gigs of that memory, still on the same 2 Intel QuadCores which is blazin fast! He can still download movies & make Xbox 360 games & all that, using Vista, YES, USING VISTA! I am a witness because I am always playing the emulators he has on that DEMON he calls a computer!
Not to get off topic here but you don't really know much about computers...

The Physical RAM limitation is locked by the limitation of 64 bit vs. 32 bit OS NOT Vista vs XP. In fact XP 64 bit supports up to 128GB of RAM. Further more Vista controls the amount of RAM supported in the registry (Changing System Cache Virtual Memory Spacing) per it's OS Variation. Ultimate, Business, Enterprise versions support 128 GBs of RAM and ONLY Vista Home Premium is limited to 16GBs of RAM...

IF you are on a 32 Bit. Your limit is 4 GB RAM of which only 3.25 is used within windows. This is true for Vista as well as XP.

Get yer fact straight! I hate when people act "ignant!"
Old 05-08-2009, 09:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

Quote:
WOW, its funny seeing you guys talk about 6.1 & 6.5 the way you do, I guess you guys never tried the Silence roms yet! I've tried a lot of roms out there (including Mighty's & Juicy's, Juicy's being the worst I've tried) & in my opinion none of them matches up with the Silence roms!

You guys are arguing about which Windows OS is better, that sounds like kids play! Everybody knows that Windows Vista is better! From my experience Vista is just like XP but with better looks, THATS IT! Not to mention that with Vista you can have up to 16gigs of ram running, I know because my friend has a custom computer he built from MicroCenter with 2 hard drives on it! 1 has vista which he runs his ultra fast 16gigs of memory with 2 Intel QuadCores in it which is faster than a virgin in Vegas! The second has a special XP64bit OS that I got for him that lets you run 8 gigs of that memory, still on the same 2 Intel QuadCores which is blazin fast! He can still download movies & make Xbox 360 games & all that, using Vista, YES, USING VISTA! I am a witness because I am always playing the emulators he has on that DEMON he calls a computer!

What does this have to do with the 6.5 roms! Like everyone says, tried all of them & see which ones you like! Thats exactly what I did! The funny thing is that everyone else 6.5 rom turned me off because of slowness, keyboard lag, having to reset the phone everyday, certain program not working right like GPS, YouTube & other stuff I like to install after a flash! Even after the flash if I do some registry edits it still messes up, sometimes worse than before! All these roms I have been trying were just plan ol' garbage because everyone has some kind of major flaw with it, if not MULTIPLE FLAWS.................

...........until I found the Silence Roms! I have a Sprint Touch Pro & that phone is a beast compared to any other carriers Touch Pro (Verizon & that pile of garbage AT&T calls the FUZE)! When I tried the Silence Rom (6.1) I was STUNNED! I virtually couldn't find anything wrong with the thing! The only thing that was lagging was the In-Call recorder which I found a cab file to re-install it & fixed the problem!

He has a "TEST3" of 6.5 which I am running now, after flashing this rom I won't flash anything under 6.5...PERIOD! If you know whats good for you you'll check that out because its that "TROOF!"

Basically what I am trying to say is judge off what you know & not what you heard! When I told me friend about Windows Vista & convinced him to put it on his DEMON it made it even more DEMONIC! He owes me his life for making his life that much easier! I do the same for Silence, because when I got to his stage I was defeated with no more continues! I feel like I owe him my life!

Point me in the direction of a rom better than his & I will pay you for everyday I use that rom & not Silence's!

P.S.-I will not pay anyone for everyday I use that rom & not Silence's if you point me in that direction!

wow....

Well, for me personally...I prefer Copper (the joint project by Mighty and Juicy). Its the most stable, reliable, and bug free 6.5 rom I've run...and I have tested a LOT.

Thats just my 2 cents

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 05-08-2009, 10:07 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by jucytec View Post

The Physical RAM limitation is locked by the limitation of 64 bit vs. 32 bit OS NOT Vista vs XP. In fact XP 64 bit supports up to 128GB of RAM. Further more Vista controls the amount of RAM supported in the registry (Changing System Cache Virtual Memory Spacing) per it's OS Variation. Ultimate, Business, Enterprise versions support 128 GBs of RAM and ONLY Vista Home Premium is limited to 16GBs of RAM...

IF you are on a 32 Bit. Your limit is 4 GB RAM of which only 3.25 is used within windows. This is true for Vista as well as XP.

Sir you are off topic and to be honest your point still isn't valid. I don't believe that guy was saying vista uses less ram then xp, what he was saying is that vista is a better operating system, even it does use up more ram or if it doesn't let you use the max potential ram, the features and ease of use is better then xp, short and simple. Everything you stated has nothing to do with that actual os and how xp os is better then the vista os.

and to get back on topic, it is true that the verizon tp may not meet the specs of 6.5 that is why it doesn't work that well on that device. to run winmo 6.5 you have to have at least 128MB RAM, 400 MHz processor, as stated in the bottom article.

http://www.betanews.com/article/Wind...ces/1234805803
Old 05-08-2009, 04:00 PM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369

Quote:
Your right, but I know what I use every time I go to his house.........& next time I go over to his house I will be sure to get some pics or even some video of his computers settings, OS & entrail specs!

Quote:

Like I said before, I have a 64BIT VERSION OF WINDOWS XP which is capable of using 8gigs of ram on a single board, especially if you install the 64BIT VERSION on a board that supports more than 4GIGS!

Also Windows Vista Professional 64 is the OS I gave him that made his life way easier, which is capable of 32GIGS OF RAM, but the board on his DEMON only supports 16GIGS, so please read the full post or at least ask some questions before you go bashing me, PLEASE!

Quote:
wow....

Well, for me personally...I prefer Copper (the joint project by Mighty and Juicy). Its the most stable, reliable, and bug free 6.5 rom I've run...and I have tested a LOT.

Thats just my 2 cents
Thank you for your "2 cents" DaPeeps, & also thank you for not bashing me like jucytec over there!

Quote:
Sir you are off topic and to be honest your point still isn't valid. I don't believe that guy was saying vista uses less ram then xp, what he was saying is that vista is a better operating system, even it does use up more ram or if it doesn't let you use the max potential ram, the features and ease of use is better then xp, short and simple. Everything you stated has nothing to do with that actual os and how xp os is better then the vista os.

and to get back on topic, it is true that the verizon tp may not meet the specs of 6.5 that is why it doesn't work that well on that device. to run winmo 6.5 you have to have at least 128MB RAM, 400 MHz processor, as stated in the bottom article.

http://www.betanews.com/article/Wind...ces/1234805803
Sorry if I provoked anybody to get off the topic!

Quote:
My "FACTS" ARE straight! The only "FACTS" I put in the post was about the DEMON my friend has & how every licking chance I get I'm over there doing stuff on it, & the "FACT" of me trying a lot of roms! Everything about the Silence rom was my personal opinion! I'm sorry if I'm acting "ignant" but its cool to be "IGNORANT" because people learn from that state, & if you you are "IGNORANT" than you never had the knowledge in the first place! I just hate when people bash other people without asking questions or getting straight "FACTS" from the opposing party! Shame on your soul jucytec, SHAME ON YOU!

Anyways, all I'm saying is try the Silence rom & see how it is! In my personal opinion this is the best rom I'v flashed so far! I've heard a lot about 6.5 roms & Verizon Touch Pros not getting along, thats why the Sprint one is A BEAST! You don't have to try it if you dont want to, I'm not trying to force anyones rom on anybody, just trying to help!

P.S.-No hard feelings jucytec, just discrenment!
Old 05-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

i was very slow to jump on the 6.5 bandwagon however with the stability and speed of the new builds that have been coming out lately i am a convert! loving the cosmetic changes as well as the memory manage ment. to answer the original question i doubt i will be going back to 6.1
Old 05-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Initially, 6.5 was somewhat of a downgrade from 6.1, but now, its performance blows 6.1 out of the water. Im never going back, and why should i? All of my programs are compatible and it runs/looks better.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

jucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Your right, but I know what I use every time I go to his house.........& next time I go over to his house I will be sure to get some pics or even some video of his computers settings, OS & entrail specs!

Like I said before, I have a 64BIT VERSION OF WINDOWS XP which is capable of using 8gigs of ram on a single board, especially if you install the 64BIT VERSION on a board that supports more than 4GIGS!

Also Windows Vista Professional 64 is the OS I gave him that made his life way easier, which is capable of 32GIGS OF RAM, but the board on his DEMON only supports 16GIGS, so please read the full post or at least ask some questions before you go bashing me, PLEASE!

Thank you for your "2 cents" DaPeeps, & also thank you for not bashing me like jucytec over there!

Sorry if I provoked anybody to get off the topic!

My "FACTS" ARE straight! The only "FACTS" I put in the post was about the DEMON my friend has & how every licking chance I get I'm over there doing stuff on it, & the "FACT" of me trying a lot of roms! Everything about the Silence rom was my personal opinion! I'm sorry if I'm acting "ignant" but its cool to be "IGNORANT" because people learn from that state, & if you you are "IGNORANT" than you never had the knowledge in the first place! I just hate when people bash other people without asking questions or getting straight "FACTS" from the opposing party! Shame on your soul jucytec, SHAME ON YOU!

Anyways, all I'm saying is try the Silence rom & see how it is! In my personal opinion this is the best rom I'v flashed so far! I've heard a lot about 6.5 roms & Verizon Touch Pros not getting along, thats why the Sprint one is A BEAST! You don't have to try it if you dont want to, I'm not trying to force anyones rom on anybody, just trying to help!

P.S.-No hard feelings jucytec, just discrenment!
I take no offence, it's a forum... it wouldn't be a forum without these little discussions.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:53 PM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369

Quote:
I take no offence, it's a forum... it wouldn't be a forum without these little discussions
Yeah! I find myself taking more information from these forums than giving! I just trying to give back I guess......other than donating! I feel like a prostitute when I donate! LOL!
Old 05-10-2009, 10:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: Windows Mobile 6.1 / 6.5 / 7 ::UPDATE::

UPDATE: Out of 325 people who voted...

147 is on Windows Mobile 6.5 and staying
178 in total are staying with or going back to 6.1

In other words:

54.77 % for Windows Mobile 6.1
45.23 % for Windows Mobile 6.5

On a side note... most Verizon users also stayed with 6.1 tho some did settle for 6.5
Old 05-10-2009, 11:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

molitar is keeping up the good workmolitar is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyx View Post
Well lets tackle the last part first...My 6.1 is every bit as finger friendly as your 6.5....Try MightyMike's 6.1 roms and you will see this...

You say 6.5 is extremely stable...Ok how about ringer corruption, incompatabilities with tons of software we use, (Try second today or s2a for example!)
And when my phone rings guess what....I can ANSWER IT! where most people running 6.5 have issues and report of missed calls!

Hmm Less features...reduced or borken functionality of the MAIN FEATURE of the device and I'm living in the past?
no...I'm living in the FUNCTIONAL world....
6.5 works great right after you reset it...and once you use it for something expect to reset again!

I have run ALL of the latest flavors of 6.5 out there....
It is not ready for prime time!
You want to live in a BETA world feel free...
But your the fool if you think less functionality and quirky operations, endless resets and dropped calls is your definition of progress!
I have to agree with you! Nothing like not being able to answer the phone call.. nothing like having ringer stop working! Nothing like today having my phone crash on me with Contact Manager, than File explorer would not open.. finally I had to soft reset the phone and it started running customization again on me. Nothing like having to restore the phone every few days! 6.5 is NOT READY!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro