PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: 6.1 Vs 6.5 Vs 7
I tried 6.5 and keep going back to 6.1 110 17.97%
I tried 6.5 and am Never going back to 6.1 276 45.10%
I tried 6.5 and back to 6.1... I'll wait for 7... 104 16.99%
Never bothered trying 6.5 122 19.93%
Voters: 612. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2009, 11:17 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Windows Mobile 6.1 / 6.5 / 7 ::UPDATE::

Quote:
Originally Posted by jucytec View Post
UPDATE: Out of 325 people who voted...

147 is on Windows Mobile 6.5 and staying
178 in total are staying with or going back to 6.1

In other words:

54.77 % for Windows Mobile 6.1
45.23 % for Windows Mobile 6.5

On a side note... most Verizon users also stayed with 6.1 tho some did settle for 6.5
I can't believe you posted this, why would you include the people you have never tried it at all for favor of 6.1? of course there vote doesn't count because they haven't even tried it out, so i'm confused as why you're trying to make it seem that 6.1 is better. The true stats are 130 people don't believe its ready, and 156 people believe its better then 6.1, I don't think i need to write the percentages, you get my point, but just to help you out:

54.54 % for Windows Mobile 6.5
45.56 % for Windows Mobile 6.1

Those are the true numbers and also as stated above the verzion wireless TP doesn't even meet the requirements for 6.5 so of course all the verizon users voted 6.1, and 6.1 is still getting out voted.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

zplit is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to zplit Send a message via MSN to zplit Send a message via Yahoo to zplit

i have my tp from sprint and also on 6.5 and ill never go back to 6.1
Old 05-11-2009, 11:57 AM
j_j
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

j_j is keeping up the good workj_j is keeping up the good work

I would have to say that wm6.5 is a good upgrade. I run mighty rom 5 (at the moment). Kinetic scrolling is a plus, I like the start menu. While I normally wouldn't judge an os by it's gui (gui's can be ported left and right) with windows mobile you have to judge some components of the gui. I don't find titanium to be particularly impressive, it gets the job done though. That aspect though can be changed with touchflo or spb. The fuction of 6.5 appears to be zippier. There have been some bugs that diminished overall realiability, but the newer bulids have dealt with the majority of them. As technology1 would say "there have been some player haters on winmo6.5" but i say indeed you can not fake the funk on a nasty os.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6850 Gimped Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wirelessness
Threadstarter

jucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I can't believe you posted this, why would you include the people you have never tried it at all for favor of 6.1? of course there vote doesn't count because they haven't even tried it out, so i'm confused as why you're trying to make it seem that 6.1 is better. The true stats are 130 people don't believe its ready, and 156 people believe its better then 6.1, I don't think i need to write the percentages, you get my point, but just to help you out:

54.54 % for Windows Mobile 6.5
45.56 % for Windows Mobile 6.1

Those are the true numbers and also as stated above the verzion wireless TP doesn't even meet the requirements for 6.5 so of course all the verizon users voted 6.1, and 6.1 is still getting out voted.

All i stated was who is currently using 6.1... I think it's funny you get so heated over this... and... how you are trying to redefine a post that I created. why don't you make another thread or stop complaining?

The poll included responses from 350+ people.. do the math... Majority are still at 6.1 the reason is irrelevant. and even if it WAS relevant, They are their own OPINIONS... not just mine.

55% using 6.1
45% using 6.5
Old 05-11-2009, 01:56 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by jucytec View Post
All i stated was who is currently using 6.1... I think it's funny you get so heated over this... and... how you are trying to redefine a post that I created. why don't you make another thread or stop complaining?

The poll included responses from 350+ people.. do the math... Majority are still at 6.1 the reason is irrelevant. and even if it WAS relevant, They are their own OPINIONS... not just mine.

55% using 6.1
45% using 6.5
What in the least makes you think i'm heated??? i'm just saying i give it up to windows for having 45% of people using an unreleased software. Also 1/3 of 55% staying with 6.1 haven't even tried 6.5. Thats how i would of phrased it personally.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: N/a

Nimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Well... One thing is for certain... Out of the people who have actually tried Windows Mobile 6.5, about 55% have stayed with 6.5 and 45% have gone back to 6.1.

And other thing that could be said is that apparently Verizon users who have less ram are among the less happy with 6.5.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

pastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good work

Sorry, but this poll kinda sucks! Choices 1 and 3 are essentially the same and choice 4 is all but useless unless you want a separate "never tried" statistic. This is the type of polling that partisan political groups use to get a result they want. Personally, I tried 6.5 several times and went back to 6.1 several times until the last ROM (MR5) which appears to be a keeper. At least until a better 6.5 ROM/Kitchen comes around. Of course there's also the rumor of another 6.x version before 7....
Old 05-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work

6.1 + TF3D works ok, but the mail client and RSS reader is still hopelessly stuck in the stoneage for finger scrolling. Seems like 6.5 would bring kinetic scrolling to both, so I welcome that. On a side note, if anyone happens to know of 6.1 tweaks, apps or ROMs that bring finger friendliness to 6.1 that would be nice, too. Nothing worse than constantly clicking on links in my e-mails (or opening them accidently while scrolling in the inbox) or RSS feeds when I just want to scroll!!
Old 05-11-2009, 09:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero

qngds is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to qngds Send a message via Yahoo to qngds

I tried a few 6.5 roms on my T-mobile wing. I didn't care for the home screen, and honeycomb?? This is progress? I wasn't able to successfully run SPB MS 3 on the underpowered wing, so I went back to 6.1. My Alltel TP is coming Thursday (yeah!!) , after I spend a day with the stock rom, I will try a 6.5 Rom again (most likely mighty 5) and run MS3.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Meh, I will stick with 6.1. 6.5 at its current form is way too buggy and laggy for my enterprise use. However, when a gold release drops, I will give it another run. And for windows 7, heh, most of us will update our devices by then. =)
If I helped you, please hit the button.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro