PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 10:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Enhanced Text Messaging RESOLVED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
It doesn't seem like that should matter, but who knows??

Mine is a Sprint TP hardware, but with it flashed to scrosler's SSK 1.5 it really is a VZ phone at this point I would think.

It is definitely working for me, my son sent me a real long sms from his VZ enV 2 & it came in 4 parts. He got an error back telling him that it didn't work as my phone did not support enhanced messaging (i got the error at my end too), but the error was incorrect as the whole message came through just fine.

~John
I redid the whole process again and it still didnt work..I'm gonna try a few more things..But its weird its working for you and not me. which makes me think it MIGHT be the phone...??
Old 03-04-2009, 10:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

mikenerd is keeping up the good workmikenerd is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle4269 View Post
I redid the whole process again and it still didnt work..I'm gonna try a few more things..But its weird its working for you and not me. which makes me think it MIGHT be the phone...??
So, its working for me, john and Lojakfty all of which have a sprint TP on vzn... Lojakfty and I have the leaked VZN rom but John is running a custom. I wonder what it could be? Could it be the version of MMS? I have ArcSoft 5.0.68.46.

I just sent the max (7 x160) from my wife's EnV and I got 8 messages. all 7 + the error message. That is alot of mashing the keyboard! lol
Old 03-04-2009, 11:31 PM
VIP Member

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenerd View Post
So, its working for me, john and Lojakfty all of which have a sprint TP on vzn... Lojakfty and I have the leaked VZN rom but John is running a custom. I wonder what it could be? Could it be the version of MMS? I have ArcSoft 5.0.68.46.

I just sent the max (7 x160) from my wife's EnV and I got 8 messages. all 7 + the error message. That is alot of mashing the keyboard! lol
Im using the same version of ArcSoft as you are. Im also using the same ROM as john is..It beats me why I cant get it working..Wish I could tho.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

mikenerd is keeping up the good workmikenerd is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Im using the same version of ArcSoft as you are. Im also using the same ROM as john is..It beats me why I cant get it working..Wish I could tho.
I don't know, that is frustrating for sure, but in the end does it really matter? Anyone who sends me over 160 characters gets back "dude, really? Just call me" It might be cool if you were like cutting and pasting (some list or something) into a vtext email but that is capped at 160 anyway and why wouldnt you just email it to your phone? I dont know...trying to make you feel better...
Old 03-05-2009, 12:16 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenerd View Post
I don't know, that is frustrating for sure, but in the end does it really matter? Anyone who sends me over 160 characters gets back "dude, really? Just call me" It might be cool if you were like cutting and pasting (some list or something) into a vtext email but that is capped at 160 anyway and why wouldnt you just email it to your phone? I dont know...trying to make you feel better...

lol I wish it was that easy bro! try telling my GF not to send me a text over 160 characters hehe. But yeah it bothers me because it should work and it doesnt.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
But yeah it bothers me because it should work and it doesnt.
Yea, I felt the same way.

I rarely get a text that long (or if I do, it comes from another PPC & worked fine anyway) but it annoys me to no end when something like this doesn't work when you know it should........

~John
Old 03-21-2009, 06:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

lojackfty is just getting started

Ok guys its resolved now, i did not resolve it but it does fix the none receipt of multiple messages. if someone can tell me how to post a file, i will post it, i'll see if i can find the original post.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:26 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Go here and download the Caulkins Verizon Arcsoft file, it will allow you to receive multiple messages but you will get a extra message say its modified....so if someone sends you 4 or 500 characters you will get it in multiple texts plus one extra saying it was modified.

Quote:
Let me start off by saying that I take NO credit what so ever for creating this cab. The credit for this cab goes to Calkulins. With that said here goes.

If you're one of the Verizon TouchPRO users that receives the first 160 characters of a text message, then receives another text message stating "preceding msg modified, media objects removed", then this cab should solve your problem.

What I have noticed though, is I will receive the text messages over 160 characters in multi-parts but still get the error "preceding msg modified, media objects removed".

When I first tried to install this cab it gave me an error saying it couldnt install blah blah blah...I soft reset my phone and it installed fine. After you install this cab soft reset your phone and you should be all set.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:31 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

This is the file that now allows me to receive multiple SMS messages, but i still get the other object removed message.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Does this cab do anything different than the regedit listed in this thread?? (which solved it for me except for the error)

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro