PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 10:28 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Brutally Honest 1st Impressions - Epic Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athasian View Post
Take it back. As you said, your Pro isn't working. Does that mean the Pro as a whole is an "Epic Fail" ... nope. It means yours isn't working.

As far as the previous comment "Can love a device but acknowledge its shortcomings" .... Epic Fail isnt "loving a device" nor is it "Acknowledging a shortcoming"

Kinda an extreme example but do you have a child? Would you ever call him/her an Epic Fail if they couldn't do algebra ? I'm sure you wouldn't. You'd probably say "My kid has some trouble with math, but together we'll work thru it" ... See, Loving and acknowledging.

(****I am in no way saying my phone is a child to me or should be to you****)
i'm not the op. i just agreed that this touch pro(mine) leaves alot to be desired. let's get back on topic please.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:31 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwazytazz View Post
my phone worked right out the box.......emails phone calls and everything else, only that the battery sucked.
is this acceptable to you? after the money you spent on your device you accept this?(honestly) i had to install a battery tweak just to get 8 hrs. out of this thing. but what some of you fail to realize is i have one of the first pros.(build date 10/20/0. so it's possible that you got a good batch. mine does not work properly unless i hack and tweak it and this is my 3rd pro. my treo 700wx needed tweaking and so did my touch. so once again this is not about the pro!

Last edited by Dr.8820; 01-26-2009 at 10:36 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

Athasian is keeping up the good workAthasian is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
i'm not the op. i just agreed that this touch pro(mine) leaves alot to be desired. let's get back on topic please.
Didn't say you were the OP, That's why the 2 comments I made were separated. And I was on topic.

The Touch Pro is not an Epic Fail.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evolte

grad20_09 is becoming a great contributor
Exclamation Re: Brutally Honest 1st Impressions - Epic Fail

This "phone"'s main purpose is not to be a phone. The purpose of this "phone" is to have a mini-computer with you. Microsoft office, texting and email (QWERTY KEYBOARD). Being able to browse the web, connect with whatever. Lastly, the phone feature. Think about it. I have a 500min SERO plan and my average usage a month in minutes is 50 (not including weekends). I use it to tether to my laptop etc. If I wanted a phone, I'd buy a phone. This is a computer.

Secondly- Yeah, there are problems with all products. Look into the IPHONE, it has it's issues. In fact, within 3 minutes of toying around with an iphone, i had the browser crash on me. WOW. No better than my old mogul. All technologies have their downfalls. This phone is a BIG improvement over the mogul, especially if you have the SPRINT version.

Third- Try customizing a non winmo phone. Pretty dang hard to do. Stop complaining and just take it back.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
is this acceptable to you? after the money you spent on your device you accept this?(honestly)
Acceptable? Yes considering the alternatives. Would I like a better battery? Yes I would. Probably going to buy myself one soon.

As a comparison I also have a Dell Axim X51v. This device is simply a PDA. It has no phone in it. It cannot on its own connect to the internet. And I carried a second battery because when I used it for simple entertainment and PDA functions, the battery did not last me more than 4 hours. Size wise I'd say this device was maybe 3mm thinner. So the fact that my TP lasts 7.5 hours without a charge? Acceptable to me. Sure it doesn't last as long as my straight-phones did but ... all they were used for was talking. that a900 I mentioned earlier? 4.5 hours talk time. Seems about the same to me
Old 01-26-2009, 10:43 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

LOL... Preaching to the choir folks... Missing the point, still. Oh crap, I used more commas. Sorry.

Envision a world with HTC phones but no XDA, no PPCGeeks... would you still find these phones acceptable?
Old 01-26-2009, 10:49 PM
Account Disabled

on that note my man, i'm thru with this one. you have people saying "i don't have to tweak, my phone is great" but they're running custom roms.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Wingzfan is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
is this acceptable to you? after the money you spent on your device you accept this?(honestly) i had to install a battery tweak just to get 8 hrs. out of this thing. but what some of you fail to realize is i have one of the first pros.(build date 10/20/0. so it's possible that you got a good batch. mine does not work properly unless i hack and tweak it and this is my 3rd pro. my treo 700wx needed tweaking and so did my touch. so once again this is not about the pro!
Fortunately I got a pro as an upgrade so it was free otherwise I wouldnt be pleased with the cost because I think 600 dollars for a phone is nuts. However, I am not having a single issue with my phone. Im averaging 12-14 hours with minor usage and 8 or so with heavy usage. The battery does leave a bit to be desired but most people compare these batteries to other peoples phones who dont do half what these do. Im confused why if your having issues with your phone you dont replace it. If you dont have the insurance just put it on your bill for a month then replace the phone.

As for the OP praising the IPhone..My buddy has one. Its amazing all the stuff his can do, like sit on his desk and wait to be replaced for the 4th time in 2 months. Or its really cool how he can try and turn it on and it gives him this great rainbow effect on his screen shortly before it blacks out. Then theres the great thing it does when apple updates it, brick. Iphones nice if it works however having to pay to customize it sucks and not getting half the tools that WinMO phones get would drive me insane.

There isnt a phone on the market thats perfect but to say this one is an epic fail is a bit over the top. If yours dont work theres a simple solution..take it into the store and show them it dont work and you'll get a new one. Otherwise you can get about 350 for them on craigslist. Sell it and that'll pay to cancel your contract and get an iphone thru at&t.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Wingzfan is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post

Envision a world with HTC phones but no XDA, no PPCGeeks... would you still find these phones acceptable?
Yes. Stock rom and radio here. All Ive done is appearance mods and Im loving every bit of it.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
LOL... Preaching to the choir folks... Missing the point, still. Oh crap, I used more commas. Sorry.

Last time I'm posting in this thread. Your question has been asked and answered. Yes, I would find it acceptable because it is MORE than a phone. If I wanted just a phone, I would buy just a phone. And its battery would last 3 days with my phone use. Everything else on the phone I found fine at stock. I took calls, didn't miss any that I was actually available to answer. I got text messages. I got picture mail. I browsed the web, I even remote controlled my home computer from my phone. No tweaking at all. Unless you consider installing software tweaking. (I installed a cab file from logmein.com that let me connect to my home computer and remote control it).

Of course there is an XDA and PPCGeeks tho. So I was able to take my acceptable device and paint it, and add a custom carborator (sp??) and a silly little spoiler on the back so that instead of being a mustang its a custom mustang.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro