PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 04:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

enter260 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Brutally Honest 1st Impressions - Epic Fail

when i reflashed my phone back to the stock sprint rom, i noticed how awfully slow and laggy touchflo3d was. this phone definitely isn't plug and play friendly.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:40 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

eusthebest is just getting started

My TP worked great out the box, it worked so well that i took my time going over all this custom roms and all the info in regards to tweak the phone before i actually unlocked it and flashed it, i know of at least 10 individuals that i work with that have TPs and all them are running the stock sprint rom and are very happy with it, they don't complaint about dropped calls or anything that u describe here, to me the phone far surp***** my expectations,i love it, i really do, could it be better, sure, but then again so does the Iphone, so reallly, the phone runs Winmo, you claim to have been around for a long time and even written code and what have you, so you should have known what you were getting into, HTC did a really good job at masking the ugliness of Winmo so i don't think is fair to just call it an epic fail, if you have been around for so long as you claim, you should at least recognize this, it really is a leap forward in terms or usability and reliability,perfect? hell no, very far from it, but a lot better than what it used to be.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

jpc0480 is becoming a great contributor

On the first page there were several people who posted comments relating to the iphone not having to be tweaked...

Are YOU kidding me? The iphone is piece of crap! Lets start off with landscape texting!!!!! They haven't even addressed this from the first version... Now lets talk customizations! They can't run a decent third party app for GPS - GOOGLE MAPS SUCKS IF YOU NEED TURN BY TURN!. If you have any other non-itunes apps, you have to jailbreak your phone JUST to be able to install them. At least with the TP I am not limited to what I can sync with the phone.

I have a stock rom on my phone with Alltel and am extremely happy with it. I always receive my phone calls, texts, voicemails, and emails with no reg edits, have made tweaks to increase performance, but those are similar tweaks that I make with my computer. Faster is better!

If you think ibonerz are not tweaking their phones guess again... My brother has an iphone and if it is his day off, I go straight to voicemail. Why because he is spending countless hours trying to add apps and hacks to his phone to get it to be just like a WINMO!

Yes winmo does suck and there are lots of room for improvement, but as far as functionality it does the job.

What have you added to the phone to not make it work, or what has your carrier done to the phone to not make it work? I would go back to your carrier and ask for a replacement.

If you want no landscape texts, and fun little squares join the apple cult. If you want a phone that lets you do what you want and customize it to fit your needs and lifestlye go with winmo.

If you're jealous of iphone users get the iphone and then spend a day adding apps that makes it function like winmo. I have had winmo for 4 years now and have loved every minute of it!

If you don't want to tweak your phone, get a razr. Straight out of the box, send/receive texts, calls, and voicemails. Oh did I mention that the battery will last a whole day or more since it does not have 528mhz processor, 288mb of ram, and an OS that will let you decide what your phone does. With the razr I think you might be able to change the wallpaper and maybe add some colors! OOH! PRETTY!
Old 01-28-2009, 08:44 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

Yea iphone sux with customizing but WM is very glitchy... no need to argue those are the facts.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:15 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Ok, so this thread is still alive and still missing the point... perhaps lock it?

As I've said about 1.5 million times now, this isn't about me or you or the pro specifically - its the out of box experience and performance of what is essentially the top of the line HTC phone vs the top of the line phone from the fruit company and the nearly dead hand company. Oh, and the large Finnish gorilla in the room.

Me knowing how poor windows mobile is doesn't excuse or change that in the least.

That's what I meant by BRUTALLY HONEST. If I take off the blinders and pretend I've just purchased one of these things for the first time I would be bringing it back.

Glad to read some have no issues stock. Mine would not allow me to answer a call in time before going to voice mail - perhaps my local tower is oversubscribed

Now I have to get back to tweaking...
Old 01-28-2009, 09:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

jpc0480 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Ok, so this thread is still alive and still missing the point... perhaps lock it?

As I've said about 1.5 million times now, this isn't about me or you or the pro specifically - its the out of box experience and performance of what is essentially the top of the line HTC phone vs the top of the line phone from the fruit company and the nearly dead hand company. Oh, and the large Finnish gorilla in the room.

Me knowing how poor windows mobile is doesn't excuse or change that in the least.

That's what I meant by BRUTALLY HONEST. If I take off the blinders and pretend I've just purchased one of these things for the first time I would be bringing it back.

Glad to read some have no issues stock. Mine would not allow me to answer a call in time before going to voice mail - perhaps my local tower is oversubscribed

Now I have to get back to tweaking...
It looked to me like you were talking about tweaking the phone right out of the box. It also looked to me like you were jealous of iphone users... Had some false sense of reality I guess thinking they don't tweak their phones...
Old 01-28-2009, 09:28 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpc0480 View Post
It looked to me like you were talking about tweaking the phone right out of the box. It also looked to me like you were jealous of iphone users... Had some false sense of reality I guess thinking they don't tweak their phones...
Yep, lots of people misread it. Or read what they wanted to read.

I've got a ipod touch right here running 2.2, it's the iphone without the radio I'm an iPhone developer. Its got warts too. I've developed for Symbian (Nokia) as well. It's not like I have no experience with the various devices.

The out of box experience of the three classes of devices is completely different, IMHO. Of the three (and assuming Palm is paying attention and doesn't screw up the Pre, four) the Touch Pro would be dead last.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:45 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Sorry I am late on this it should have been closed day one there is already a TP reviews thread please post your opinions there.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro